PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Questions

Jimmy
03-28-2020, 03:43 PM
Good afternoon. Please tell me the file that is located for the express l31 2wd- immoff or immo on? If not difficult, tell me please.

Jimmy
03-29-2020, 09:53 AM
Please, help)))!!!???

B52Bombardier1
03-29-2020, 02:29 PM
We do not understand your question . . .

What is "immoff" and "immo on"? These are not understandable terms.

Rick

Jimmy
03-29-2020, 10:45 PM
Hello to all!
I need to overcome the language barrier, in addition to all the difficulties associated with starting this motor) “Turning off VAT” is what interests me, What should I do with VATS or passlook system? I do not know what it is called correctly))) ??? Are they disabled in these bin files ??? Or is it necessary to carry out any manipulations or procedures to turn them off? Regards, your jimmy)!

B52Bombardier1
03-29-2020, 11:22 PM
Hello Jimmy,

OK, now I understand. The answer to your question is, unfortunately, "it depends". Which BIN are you referring to? The BIN on your PCM? Some of these Internet BINs might have VATS turned off, some not.

If you have the matching "XDF" definition for a particular BIN, you can open the BIN and edit it with "Tuner Pro RT" software and the XDF to see if VATS is turned off. If still enabled, its a very simple matter to disable it. Then I use another piece of software called "LS Droid" to write the saved BIN to my P01 and P59 PCM devices. Not every BIN has a matching and mated XDF and it is essential that these two files are meant for each other. Depending on your PCM, it might be best to abandon your original BIN and go with a different BIN that has a matched XDF and that together, the two support the changes your vehicle needs. This is easier than you might think.

There's plenty else to discuss here about other things inside your PCM. It was merely a few months ago that I was struggling with all of this and I understand your difficulties.

Rick

Jimmy
03-30-2020, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the detailed answer. In my case, the bean file
Express 2001-02, and the file will be downloaded raw without any adjustments, since there are no HPTuners. I admire elcamino!

Jimmy
03-30-2020, 12:05 PM
Honorable public)! My question is still on the agenda, so please respond. My question is, does the binfile have VATS? Or not? Specific file chevy Express 2001-02 2wd. Please forgive me for bothering you.

In-Tech
03-30-2020, 12:40 PM
If you are referring to the file named: 2002 Chevrolet Express Van Automatic L31 5.7L 4L60e 2wd (12212156) Lean Cruise.bin then yes, the VATS is disabled.

Jimmy
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
Thank you very much. For the fact that you paid attention.

Jimmy
05-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Good day people. I have something similar. Project chevy s10, after implementing the L31 Vortec engine, I downloaded a bin file in a nearby branch. with the help of my friend, I downloaded the program to pcm. But for the second week I can't understand why the transmission doesn't work (there are no errors). And throws out the code for the p1345 engine. Trambler and placemarks have already been checked several times. Camshaft and crankshaft sensors have been replaced. If anyone can help, please tell me.

B52Bombardier1
05-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Which transmission?

Do you have any movement of the vehicle in Drive or Reverse?

Rick

Jimmy
05-02-2020, 08:03 PM
Hello dear bombardier. The transmission has forward and backward movement. Oddly enough, with the lauche x431 scanner, I can see all the solinoids and activate them. The shift relay does not work, i.e. the pcm does not see which transmission is on. Before I programmed the pcm, I had already connected all the pins. And I saw on the dashboard what position the transmission is in and now it's not.

B52Bombardier1
05-02-2020, 08:47 PM
If this is an electronic transmission such as a 4L60E or a 4L80E or maybe even newer, I think it is in "limp mode". This means that it has lost 12 volt power or contact with the PCM somehow.

How much transmission fluid is in it? Quite often, they are under filled.

Rick

Jimmy
05-02-2020, 09:50 PM
Yes, I understand that the level must be mandatory. 12 volts is on the green transmission connector, and with the help of a scanner when activating the solinoid, you can hear clicks from the transmission. The relay should send a signal to the PCM in the form of a ground combination. A. B. C. D. But for some reason the PCM does not see this. Combination of ground signals. For example A -. B -. C nothing. D-nothing. This is a Park. And I see them near pcm. I have the impression that the transmission is not working due to an error in the p1345 engine. Or because the pcm can't see the position of the transmission relay.

Jimmy
05-03-2020, 02:37 PM
Sorry people. Again, I have questions about swap. Maybe I'm using the wrong scheme? You can find circuits or throw off the connection of engine components. for express 2001 5.7 4l60e.

1project2many
05-27-2020, 02:48 PM
Hello.

In my experience when the transmission gearshift indicator is not visible after reprogramming it may be necessary to program the transmission controller separately. The tolerance for the distributor setting is very small. If the distributor is set incorrectly the engine may run well but you will get code 1345. We have Launch X451 scanner but that tool does not help us set the distributor timing. We need to use an older Snap-On tool for the job.

Jimmy
06-26-2020, 09:52 PM
Hello people)! I want to share my swap story! Ie their mistakes. The problems that I suspect that they are present, it turned out that they do not exist. After all, very big difficulties are created by incorrect equipment and its correctness. Launch x431 is probably very old and not very competent in solving complex issues. It does not see the position of the transmission and does not see what speed is turned on. After connecting tch2, all my problems disappeared like smoke)! I mean, what I suspected was just suspicion. The only thing that launch x431 can do is only see errors, and the current data is not up to it.
And another problem that I created myself is the distributor from 4.3 does not work correctly on the 5.7 engine. But this is not yet accurate, I ordered a new one yesterday and it will come in two weeks. I think the error code P1345 will leave me along with the distributor from 4.3. Thank you all for the advice, it turns out that all the difficulties that we have most often we create ourselves.

Jimmy
06-26-2020, 10:09 PM
One more detail, dear friends. Tell me, how to reprogram the transmission, so that the position of the transmission is selected on the instrument cluster??? The equipment that is available in my reach zone is tch2. Who can tell you how to do this if possible? My car is a chevy s10, 2.2, 2wd, 1998. Vortec l31 5.7 transmision 4l60e 2wd, and pcm 0411 are now installed. Binfile chevy Express 2001-02 5.7 4l60e 2wd. As far as I know, chevi express has separate wires on the pcm and on the cluster. And the chevy s10 only uses pcm and sends a signal to the cluster via the data bus. How can I see on a PRND321 cluster?

TilmanNA
07-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Hello! I am doing a similar swap to my S-10. Com 411 with OS 2156 from 2002 Express.

Jimmy
07-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Hello! I am doing a similar swap to my S-10. Com 411 with OS 2156 from 2002 Express.

Hello dear TilmanNA. My project is a little stalled), but I hope everything will work out soon. I am interested in one minor question. How can I see the position of the transmission to the instrument cluster? If possible, share your experience, or can we leave everything as it is? I guess you can buy another instrument, if it helps then I will do so. Can there be another option???

TilmanNA
07-04-2020, 04:08 PM
I am not for sure.. I did not think of that. Good question!

B52Bombardier1
07-04-2020, 04:25 PM
There are people (Pete - developer of LS Droid) who are doing dash cluster projects that reuse modern automaker dashboard equipment but I don't believe they are ready for prime time use by us mere mortal folks. I think, not sure, but maybe his approach here is Arduino-based.

So I went with a Dakota Digital HDX cluster and added the Dakota Digital PRNDL meter module for my DD cluster and 4L60E transmission. Plenty of Internet and especially You Tube videos about this option.

Rick

TilmanNA
07-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Thanks!

Jimmy
07-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Dakota Digital HDX is a good tool. But I wanted to keep the regular look of the salon. My cluster tool shows speed, temperature, ses, chek engine, oil pressure, almost everything that is on the device reader. Except for prnd321, and the fuel level. The fuel level I think can be corrected without much difficulty. And here is the position of the transmission.... I'm a little bit over-stressed (. But you can put up with it. Thank you dear B52Bombardier1!)

Jimmy
07-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Thanks!

At what stage is your project?

TilmanNA
07-08-2020, 02:06 AM
Currently I am about to convert the 94 S-10 to a 2002 interior.

Jimmy
11-18-2020, 09:19 PM
Hello my dear friends! I have been running the s10 daily for a month now, and the swap procedure is over. What can I say?!) everything works perfectly, but not without drawbacks. The p1345 error was the result of my stupidity). It turns out that Trambler 4.3 and 5.7 are different. They can be reincarnated one into another and back again now I know how to do it. Prnd321 there is no image on the instrument panel. And when you hit the accelerator on the floor, my monster freezes at revs and first speed. switches after easing the pedal, then turns on the second speed. This may be due to incorrect speed readings, because at a speed of 40 miles, the actual speed is 50 miles. I've come to terms with this for now, but I still plan to bring everything to its logical conclusion. Thank you to everyone who helped me and answered my stupid questions. Best wishes to Jimmy.