PDA

View Full Version : help with 6e connection

fasteddi
05-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Ok Im trying to connect on tuner pro on a 165ecm $6E mask. Im useing the basic adx file I got off of here. 165.6E.adx Now the problem im having is the cable is found and functioning and it is also trying to connect to the car but will not connect. I also have the resistor pin on correctly for the 165ecm. Im trying to help a friend with this over the phone. So any tips or ideas would be great. Thanks! This is a 1989 firbird 305tpi.

EagleMark
05-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Ha! Finally a reason for 10k... from what I have read car needs to be running, connect, apply 10k to start data flowing, then remove 10k... never done this, only read about it. Hope someone can confirm correct procedure.

RobertISaar
05-22-2012, 04:54 AM
at the very least, Mark Mansur can confirm the exact procedure, he does have a 89 TA after all.

dyeager535
05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Ok Im trying to connect on tuner pro on a 165ecm $6E mask. Im useing the basic adx file I got off of here. 165.6E.adx Now the problem im having is the cable is found and functioning and it is also trying to connect to the car but will not connect. I also have the resistor pin on correctly for the 165ecm. Im trying to help a friend with this over the phone. So any tips or ideas would be great. Thanks! This is a 1989 firbird 305tpi.

Lots of reading, hopefully this link to my search terms "165 connect" work: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/search.php?searchid=5065702

It's been well covered over there, you should find multiple things to try, pay particular attention to what Mark Mansur has to say, since he wrote Tunerpro.

You can also check the forums at http://forum.tunerpro.net/ but I'm guessing there is more info on thirdgen. But two resources.

fasteddi
05-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I havent had time to try connecting again because ive been working my butt off latly. What makes me wounder is why my laptop and my cable worked on his car a few weeks ago.

But his will not work even though the cable is found and functionable, has the same files(adx, xdf) loaded in tunerpro Rt

historystamp
05-24-2012, 10:39 PM
But his will not work even though the cable is found and functionable, has the same files(adx, xdf) loaded in tunerpro Rt

Computer problem. What cable? What computer OS?

USB cable. Port confusion.

aldl serial > serial to usb cable > usb computer > usb to serial driver > serial to turner pro rt.

It's a long & convoluted path the data must transfer through.

Check what serial put Windows has assigned the conversion to.

Check what serial port Turner Pro is configured.

Robert

fasteddi
05-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Computer problem. What cable? What computer OS?

USB cable. Port confusion.

aldl serial > serial to usb cable > usb computer > usb to serial driver > serial to turner pro rt.

It's a long & convoluted path the data must transfer through.

Check what serial put Windows has assigned the conversion to.

Check what serial port Turner Pro is configured.

Robert

Ok will do, thanks for the insite. Im going to the racetrack tommorow after work to get that straightened out..hopefully.

I think its a computer problem personally but just to be sure I need to get my hands on the equiptment. Its windows 07, cable from aldl cables.com(I have the same cable and OS personally)

I was trying to help the guy on the phone and its just not the same when your trouble shooting.

But then I second guess myself because tunerpro said the cable was found and functionable when I tested it. Like I said I'll get to work on it tommorow and let you guys know what happend.

Thanks for the insite and help.

fasteddi
05-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Didnt get to race tonight because of rain but I did get his car to connect. Guess what was wrong?? He had a bent pin on the aldl cable port....:laugh: I noticed it as soon as I started playing with his car. Thats why I wanted to do it in person because I just couldnt think of what it could be..

Also im getting those error, glitches on his car now. That stuff drives me crazy. I will try to fix up the adx like eaglemark always did to my files for my camaro.

fasteddi
05-30-2012, 03:27 AM
Im calling out for some help here, I can not seem to get the adx file to stop having those innoying glitches. I tried adding pauses and silence but to be honest I dont know what the heck im doing. Any help? Thanks

Heres the file I have at this point. I addeds some gauges and such to help out that boring adx file that it was.

EagleMark
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Post up your ADX file and I will take a loo later.

But the author of TunerPro owns a $6E car so I don't think you'd find a better answer then Mark Mansuar (Mangus).

fasteddi
06-03-2012, 05:11 AM
The adx file is linked up above. Its just that it glitches like my old adx's always did. Im just still lost on how to mod the files to work right. Its hard to read excel data with those irattional numbers scattered in.

Also eaglemark, I got my car to run constant 13.50's this weekend with a best of 13.36@102Mph. Thanks so much for the help over the last 6 months! :rockon:

RobertISaar
06-03-2012, 05:14 AM
almost 12s!

you can go LS hunting!

fasteddi
06-03-2012, 06:19 AM
almost 12s!

you can go LS hunting!

:rockon:

EagleMark
06-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Also eaglemark, I got my car to run constant 13.50's this weekend with a best of 13.36@102Mph. Thanks so much for the help over the last 6 months! :rockon:

Sweet! :jfj::jfj::jfj:

What did you do to gain a half second overnight?

fasteddi
06-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Sweet! :jfj::jfj::jfj:

What did you do to gain a half second overnight?

Really nothing else then launches. I finally got them consistant and faster. All sub 2 sec 60ft times. I also boxed the lower control arms last week. I didnt wana fork out the $$ for new ones so I just boxed them myself. They may of helped a tad for the lauches.

EagleMark
06-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Did it have anything to do with tire pressure idea I had? Been years since I got to play with this stuff...

fasteddi
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Did it have anything to do with tire pressure idea I had? Been years since I got to play with this stuff...

Yes it did!! I forgot to add that. Those faster runs 13.36 and 13.40, both of them it spun just so lightly and was noticibly faster. When I was dead hooking I was a good tenth slower consistantly. Im running 18psi no insted of the 17psi I usually ran.

EagleMark
06-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Did you try another pound yet?

fasteddi
06-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Did you try another pound yet?
I didnt get the chance as I wanted to get the car consistant for the eliminations. I ran a 13.500 dead on with a zero, and I dialed in a 13.50 last night in the first round. Never did I think the car would ever be so consistant. Went 13.47, 13.49, 13.50 in the three runs last night. This proves that even a turbo car is pretty conssitant.

EagleMark
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
1 psi = 1/2 second! :homer:

2 psi could = 1 second :homer:

3 psi could = 1 1/2 second :homer:

Greg taught me math awhile back and it works in all sorts of situations! :laugh:

You may have a 12 second car, actually I know you have a 12 second car, but without forged pistons it may only be once. Now with a gear change it would be a safe 12 second car.

Let the dam tires spin a little, even 15 feet, as long as they don't just lightup and smoke!

fasteddi
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Ok will try some more psi in those slick. Ill let them spin more. I just still learning the car so I didnt know what would help and what would hurt it.

Yea it may be a 12 sec car but those cast pistons scare me:mad1: I think I should just continue to add parts or techniques to help compliment the car as is. I bet im close to 300Hp at the crank at a given moment.... That over double the stock engine rating.:laugh:

EagleMark
06-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Exactly! You know your safe with boost you have, since you don't have bigger gears or shorter tires let them spin a little. It's actually easeir on drivetrain then a full hook too.