PDA

View Full Version : Data Tracing in TunerPro

markemac
04-25-2020, 08:05 AM
1, Do I need to have an Ostrich 2? or will Ostrich original work ? or other emulator?
2, Does there have to be a data stream connected like to an ALDL?
3 is the ADX file for ALDL data?
4 I am working on a motronic with a 27c256 no ADX available and I have no idea if ALDL data can be had on this car 1993 964 porsche
5 I did modify a XDF to show the needed tables maybe not perfect but close enough if tracing would work
thanks for any suggestions

markemac
04-25-2020, 08:34 PM
Anybody know this

steveo
04-25-2020, 10:35 PM
the ADX is the definition for your datastream, identifies what parameters occupy what bytes and how to convert them. it's quite a bit of work to set up. on a car with no datastream there's literally no data for the datatracing to trace. you can read this for help setting it up.

https://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2674

honestly for simple tuning it might not be worth the effort, a good dashboard, graphs, history tables, all that stuff is quite good to figure out what part of the table is in effect

markemac
04-25-2020, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the answer,
I did read that a few times, so does there need to be a data stream like from an ALDL do get tracing to work or will it trace off of the bin file and XDF definition file

steveo
04-26-2020, 12:21 AM
think of it this way

your bin tells your engine how to run
your xdf tells tunerpro how to tell your bin how to tell your car to run
your datastream tells you how your car is running
your adx tells tunerpro how to read the datastream to see how your car is running

ya definitely need a datastream and adx file

i'm sure there's a way to log some data but it might not be through tunerpro, it's a 1993, so there MUST be a diagnostic port that spits out data. all early 90s fuel injected cars had something-or-other. that's a few years before obd-ii mandated and some parts of europe were way ahead of that too so everyone was kinda scrambling to get their computers up to snuff

i wish i could help you more but i've never tuned one of those....