PDA

View Full Version : 89 TBI truck with B Body LT1 camshaft

RooThunder
03-18-2020, 05:37 PM
Greetings, I am looking for direction for the Main and Extended SA tables for the above setup. The engine is running well after doing a VE learn with EBL Flash using EBL .40XDF. I started with a base .bin for a 1990 TBI 5 speed and made a few tweaks for my personal preference (like idle speed, etc.). The engine is basically stock with the exception of the roller setup and dual exhaust.
Basically I am looking for a spark table to get the most out of the cam with low knock counts and 89 octane fuel. I do realize the limitations of the heads, etc. The truck pulls strong right now up to 4000 rpm which is all the higher I care to go.
If anyone has modified SA tables that they have had success with, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks !

Fast355
03-26-2020, 04:58 PM
Greetings, I am looking for direction for the Main and Extended SA tables for the above setup. The engine is running well after doing a VE learn with EBL Flash using EBL .40XDF. I started with a base .bin for a 1990 TBI 5 speed and made a few tweaks for my personal preference (like idle speed, etc.). The engine is basically stock with the exception of the roller setup and dual exhaust.
Basically I am looking for a spark table to get the most out of the cam with low knock counts and 89 octane fuel. I do realize the limitations of the heads, etc. The truck pulls strong right now up to 4000 rpm which is all the higher I care to go.
If anyone has modified SA tables that they have had success with, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks !

Start with a Vortec truck timing table and tweak from there.

dave w
03-26-2020, 06:15 PM
Link to Vortec Timing Tables: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1233-1998-Vortec-Timing-Table-(Black-Box-Computer)-Open-Closed-Throttle-ONLY!

dave w

RooThunder
03-26-2020, 10:26 PM
Perfect, I appreciate your patience and advice!!