PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Context Sensitive Dialog Box Numbers

B52Bombardier1
12-20-2019, 02:23 AM
Hello,

I'm editing a P59 OS BIN number 12593058 but I'm confused by the editable numbers in some of the tables that don't match what the context-sensitive help dialog boxes suggest for appropriate changes. For example, with "C6001" Diagnostic Trouble Code Type and "C6002" Malfunction Indicator Lamp Enable/Disable, the context-sensitive number suggestions are single integer values - 1,2 or 3 for C6001 and 1 or 2 for C6002. Yet, when I open the tables for these, the values are not these numbers but range as high as 233 and only a very few are a 1, 2 or a 3. These values are also red in the tables which worries me. I use C6001 and C6002 as examples of my difficulty but other tables are just as odd. But many appear to work normally.

I must be doing something wrong but the Tuner Pro RT Help is no help so I turn to the forum here for assistance. Let's hope my saved and attached picture survives this trip to the site.

Many thanks,

Rick

LRT
12-20-2019, 03:55 AM

B52Bombardier1
12-20-2019, 04:18 AM
Hello,

And thank you for the quick response - learning has occurred here for me. Yes indeed, at least on the junk yard windshield, this PCM was removed by me from a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer and I have no idea how you determined that year. I have saved changes that I made to the OS but I have done it under a different file name for the BIN. This is all just play, learning and practice for me because I have a fully operational and perfectly functional 896 PCM in my 70 El Camino with an additional 896 flashed backup and a 0411 flashed backup.

But here's the next question. Do you have any somewhat similar P59 OS and its matching XDF for me to play doctor with? Clearly, I thought I had a functional matching set but that was not the case.

Many thanks for the assistance and I'm smarter because of it.

Rick