PDA

View Full Version : HELP CHEVY CAPRICE L99 TROUBLE CODES

mastermind
11-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Greetings forum, I not long registered and poorly understand on-English. Today I decided to diagnose my car- chevy caprice 94 l99 through the eehack program and got 3 errors in the main body:
ECM TROUBLE CODES:
MALF43A (MALF 43A ACTIVE)
ERR43 (ESC FAILURE)
ERR95 (OIL LIFE LAMP CIRCUIT FAULT)
further I saw in diag that there is no information on 47 components and was in of shock !(see photo).I also want to say that there is no EGR, it is completely removed, 2 fans work and the check is lit. Guys write, I want to cut the EGR out of the brain machine, just don't know how, please help me!

NomakeWan
11-19-2019, 08:44 PM
The “No Data” in the Diag tab is because you have not enabled the tab. While connected, click either the “Stream” or “Snapshot” buttons on the right side of the screen to request the data for that screen. Since these are just error codes, “Snapshot” should work just fine.

ESC Failure is likely because the resistor in one or both of your knock sensors has failed. You can either create a BIN for your vehicle that disables this error code using TunerPro, or you can replace the knock sensors. 99% of the time this error does not actually mean the knock sensor has failed, but just that the detection circuit has failed. It is up to you how you want to solve it.

Oil Life Lamp Circuit Fault is easy, Check to make sure the bulb is not blown for the “CHANGE OIL” light.

Good luck.

Terminal_Crazy
11-19-2019, 09:23 PM
Hiya
I've had the ERR43 & MALF43A codes on my '95 Z28 occur when the headers melted the knock sensor cables.
Very intermittant and hard to diagnose as cables all test OK.

HTH
Mitch

mastermind
11-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Do you mean that you had normal knock sensors, wiring problems?
Who can write how to remove egr or these sensors, who has stable firmware for l99 94!

steveo
11-20-2019, 07:28 AM
Who can write how to remove egr or these sensors, who has stable firmware for l99 94!

what language do you speak? maybe someone here can help translate for you

we call firmware 'bin'

you have stable firmware already. flash -> download bin from ECM

if you want to remove EGR or knock sensors use tunerpro. use eex definition from my site.

http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

Terminal_Crazy
11-20-2019, 11:11 AM

Sensors were new. cables tested ok. Knock circuit tested ok many times.
The cables were occasionally rubbing on the frame causing a short.

HTH
Mitch

mastermind
11-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Guys, and anyone has a good and qualitative firmware on l99 caprice?

NomakeWan
11-20-2019, 09:52 PM
We keep trying to tell you that you already have it. Download the BIN from your L99 Caprice, then modify it yourself using the free program TunerPro.

Or upload the BIN file here and I can make the changes for you to disable the errors.

mastermind
11-20-2019, 11:21 PM
We keep trying to tell you that you already have it. Download the BIN from your L99 Caprice, then modify it yourself using the free program TunerPro.

Or upload the BIN file here and I can make the changes for you to disable the errors.

I understand, but I want to adjust my l99 to the correct values and am looking for a person who knows, for example, how many of me.t have his lt1 parameters for what would the car go better ! Well if I'll give you the bin file you will be able to configure the l99 and clean EGR?

NomakeWan
11-21-2019, 12:09 AM
If you have many any other changes to the L99 besides deleting the EGR, I can’t help you; I’m not qualified to be a remote tuner. But if you upload your BIN then changing things like knock sensors and EGR is very simple.

But I would do the exact same thing you would, I am not doing anything special only I can do. I really do suggest you install the free program TunerPro and use the XDF definition steveo provided above to open your BIN and edit it yourself. It will make you much more useful if you take a few hours to learn to do it yourself than to constantly post on forums asking other people to do it for you. Please do consider it.

mastermind
11-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Well, I'll send you bin, I hope you show me what to do for cleaning the egr)

mastermind
11-21-2019, 09:59 PM
Everything turned out, the machine worked without errors !thank you all, guys, and one more question, there was an accident: the pillows worked, later the pillows and sensors were replaced, but the air BAG shows all the time on the appliances what is the reason ?

mastermind
11-21-2019, 10:01 PM
If you have many any other changes to the L99 besides deleting the EGR, I can’t help you; I’m not qualified to be a remote tuner. But if you upload your BIN then changing things like knock sensors and EGR is very simple.

But I would do the exact same thing you would, I am not doing anything special only I can do. I really do suggest you install the free program TunerPro and use the XDF definition steveo provided above to open your BIN and edit it yourself. It will make you much more useful if you take a few hours to learn to do it yourself than to constantly post on forums asking other people to do it for you. Please do consider it.
I downloaded the firmware, where do you throw ? And still the speedometer shows all contrary kilometers in miles, and miles in kilometers this itself the speed and mileage!

NomakeWan
11-21-2019, 10:38 PM
I assume by “pillows” you mean airbags went off. I don’t have any experience with the SRS computer and what it expects, but I would guess that your replacement airbag is not sending the right signals. Hopefully someone here has experience with repairing an airbag system.

To upload the BIN, you can attach it to a post. Click “Go Advanced” below the text box, then click “Manage Attachments.” In the new window, load your BIN file then click “Upload.” Once it is done you can close the Manage Attachments window. Then just submit your post!

As for your speedometer issue, the fact that your airbags deployed and you had someone “repair” them makes me think they have messed up some wiring in the dash.

mastermind
11-21-2019, 10:45 PM
I assume by “pillows” you mean airbags went off. I don’t have any experience with the SRS computer and what it expects, but I would guess that your replacement airbag is not sending the right signals. Hopefully someone here has experience with repairing an airbag system.

To upload the BIN, you can attach it to a post. Click “Go Advanced” below the text box, then click “Manage Attachments.” In the new window, load your BIN file then click “Upload.” Once it is done you can close the Manage Attachments window. Then just submit your post!

As for your speedometer issue, the fact that your airbags deployed and you had someone “repair” them makes me think they have messed up some wiring in the dash.
CAN'T THE SPEEDOMETER BE CHANGED IN TUNER PRO?

NomakeWan
11-22-2019, 07:09 AM
It can be changed--but what is changed is the ratio to calibrate the speedometer for different rear axle gearing or tire sizes. It is not for switching between metric and imperial measurements. That's controlled by your CCM and the dash switches.

I have attached an updated version of your BIN to this post. In this version, I have disabled the ERR43 code but left your knock feedback intact; this assumes your error is coming from the resistor in the knock sensor and is not actually a knock sensor failure. I have disabled the EGR codes and have set the minimum speed for the EGR diagnostic to 255, which it will never hit so the EGR will never try to actuate. I have also disabled the diagnostic code for the oil life lamp.

You can do all of these things yourself, very very easily. Get the free program "TunerPro" and install it. Get the XDF definition file steveo linked you earlier in this thread, also free. Run TunerPro. Click XDF->Select XDF and open the XDF file steveo linked you. Now open your BIN file in TunerPro with File->Open Bin... and voila, you can edit your own cars all on your own. It will also help to change the "View By:" on the left to "Parameter Category" to make things easier to edit.

Best of luck.

mastermind
11-22-2019, 07:52 AM
Error err43 I fixed it. There was a broken wire on the sensor! You fixed all the constants on the name of the Egr? Simply I need only to you removed EGR) thank You you!

NomakeWan
11-22-2019, 08:39 AM
Glad to hear you fixed it! Congrats!

On the EGR, I disabled the error codes, plus disabled the EGR diagnostic procedure by telling the computer to only run the diagnostic if vehicle speed exceeds 255--which it can't, effectively disabling it. Go ahead and give it a try, it should work. :)

mastermind
11-22-2019, 08:35 PM
did the knock sensor , but didn't go anywhere! today went I include D and LIGHTS up CHECK, I carry out diagnostics and I see an error: ERR34 (MAP SENSOR LOW) pressure small! see the photo below, the sensor died ?

NomakeWan
11-22-2019, 08:39 PM
It’s hard to tell from just a screenshot—it’s easier to look at a log where you’ve been driving rather than just idling for less than 60 seconds—but one thing that stands out is your BARO reading. Barometric pressure should be around 100 kpa, not 10. I’d start with that, personally.

mastermind
11-22-2019, 08:50 PM
it was yesterday with an error on the detonation sensor, the pressure is about 40

NomakeWan
11-22-2019, 09:01 PM
Your screenshots are blurry on my phone, so the numbers are hard to make out.

If your BARO reading really is 10, your barometric pressure sensor or its wiring is shot. If you also suspect the MAP malfunctioning check that too. Best of luck.

mastermind
11-22-2019, 09:04 PM

If your BARO reading really is 10, your barometric pressure sensor or its wiring is shot. If you also suspect the MAP malfunctioning check that too. Best of luck.

okay if that will accomplish your goal!

NomakeWan
11-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Not my goal, my man. Yours. I hope this thread helps you to learn more about diagnosing and modifying your own vehicle. :)

mastermind
11-22-2019, 11:25 PM
Please check, I removed the EGR ?

mastermind
11-22-2019, 11:27 PM
And i edit bin what is it:FAN VEHICLE SPEED BOUNDARY and FAN RPN BOUNDARY???

NomakeWan
11-23-2019, 04:54 AM
Please check, I removed the EGR ?
Yep, you did. You didn't disable the self-test but that option may not be visible in steveo's XDF so not gonna fault you there. Even if the self-test fails, you've disabled the error code, so it should be fine. I also see you've disabled the Charcoal Canister Purge error code and set your max speed to 250 instead of 147.

FAN VEHICLE SPEED BOUNDARY is the definition the computer uses to determine whether to use "low speed" or "high speed" fan settings in all other fan preferences. This allows you to do things like tell the fans to not come on as much if you're at higher speeds with more airflow, though by default this isn't the case (they come on at 107 degrees for fan 1 and 111 degrees for fan 2 regardless of vehicle speed in your BIN).

FAN RPM BOUNDARY (I assume this is what you mean) is a Corvette-only setting that does not affect you as you're an L99. But in case you're curious it's related to oil cooling, and is a definition similar to the above. It determines what is considered "Low RPM" and "High RPM" for the Oil Temp Fan Enable settings. Anything under this setting is "Low RPM" and anything over it is "High RPM." But again, it doesn't apply to you since you aren't a Corvette.

mastermind
11-23-2019, 11:13 AM
You can still say how to download the firmware in the brain . How's this one guy who said that must be connected to the battery charger, What would the voltage does not sink, who stitched, advise

mastermind
11-23-2019, 03:33 PM
guys , please tell me how to do that?????

steveo
11-23-2019, 06:44 PM

there’s no barometric pressure sensor on an lt1

just a map sensor

mastermind
11-23-2019, 07:46 PM
The weird thing is the car goes in full yourself

NomakeWan
11-23-2019, 07:49 PM
You can still say how to download the firmware in the brain . How's this one guy who said that must be connected to the battery charger, What would the voltage does not sink, who stitched, advise
Same way you downloaded it. Go to the Flash function in EEHack and put your modified BIN in "BIN to flash" and click upload. Uncheck the box that says "insert patches" if you want the flash to go really fast--like 40 seconds fast. In my experience as long as voltage is above 12V, you're fine. I've flashed plenty of times without being connected to a charger. But if you want to be extra safe, then go ahead and connect to the charger.

there’s no barometric pressure sensor on an lt1

just a map sensor
Huh. So how is it getting both readings? I guess that just confirms his MAP sensor is shot?

steveo
11-23-2019, 08:16 PM
patches don’t slow the flash down.

just like with most fuel injecton systems without a separate baro sensor, it gets barometric pressure from the map sensor when its likely that the intake is at atmospheric pressure (not running or at wide open throttle under certain conditions). thats why disabling the barometric update is important on most of these old gm engines if you run boost of any kind, you don’t want it thinking 10psi is baro when you floor it.

if you’re on a trip through the mountains its a good idea to either take a rest stop or floor it once in a while

mastermind
11-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Is it possible to remove the map sensor, and that the engine at the same time worked stably
simply engine works normally, but is ablaze a check

mastermind
11-23-2019, 11:37 PM
Please see BIN. The first bin when the detonation sensor shows an error, 2 bin when the detonation sensor is already fixed, but already shows on the map sensor (2 bin-new firmware without EGR )

NomakeWan
11-24-2019, 06:06 AM
patches don’t slow the flash down.
They do when you go from OEM (which he has) to patched the first time. It even tells you straight-up that since both sides have to get flashed, it's gonna do the full flash routine instead of the short version. ;)

Is it possible to remove the map sensor, and that the engine at the same time worked stably
simply engine works normally, but is ablaze a check
No, it is not. Technically you can run on the MAF but I'm pretty sure it's important to have a working MAP sensor at all times. Someone can argue with me on that but in my experience, the MAP is very important.

Please see BIN. The first bin when the detonation sensor shows an error, 2 bin when the detonation sensor is already fixed, but already shows on the map sensor (2 bin-new firmware without EGR )
What about the BIN do you want us to see?

mastermind
11-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Here you cannot insert files eehack? And will MAP from 5.0 caprice fit?

mastermind
11-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Guys, no one knows how to remove errors on air bag ? There was an accident, the airbags and sensors were changed, but now the air bag is on fire.

kur4o
11-30-2019, 09:33 PM
Change the airbag module. If the airbags were deployed the error is hard coded and can`t be cleared.

mastermind
11-30-2019, 09:44 PM
Well, I have a module from 93 years, how do you think it will fit?