PDA

View Full Version : Here to learn how to tune for NA power mods

Yesterday
11-17-2019, 04:23 AM
I found this forum through Eehack - looks like a great resource!

I've done some tuning in the past with Eehack:
-AC install
-Gearing change
-Higher stall torque converter
-Shift points
-Manual swap

I am looked to learn how to tune for the following mods to my ‘94 LT1:
-LE2 ported heads
-LE ported intake
-LE cam 227/235 duration 0.587/0.600 lift (1.6 roller rockers) 110LSA
-37# GXP injectors

Hopefully I can find what I need here. I think so far I’ve learned I need acquire a wideband O2 sensor and do a lot of reading 

steveo
11-17-2019, 08:00 AM
welcome!

the wideband is the only decent way to dial in wide open throttle, but most driveability tuning happens in narrowband ranges. take a bunch of logs, run the analyzer, tweak your maf table, and repeat until it's dialed in.

after calibrating for your new injectors, if running a maf you just need to fix your maf calibration (mostly in the lower cells) and fiddle around with your spark advance to smooth stuff out.

eehack' analyzer will give you a ton of clues for figuring out what your fuel tables need.

then you can use controls to test timing advance +/- in cruising ranges to feel what your engine wants

Yesterday
05-21-2020, 10:52 PM
I ended up rebuilding the bottom end as a forged 383 in addition to the mods above and rebuilding the T56, so things took a while longer than anticipated. I also got a mail order tune from Moe Bailey to get me in the ball park of the right area. I ran the trimanalyzer on 6 logs I took after I got my car back together and I am seeing a lot of knock instances under 3500 rpm under a variety of MAP. The trimanalyzer also shows that I should decrease values significantly (by whatever the max % is) yet the analyzer in EEHack shows my fuel trims adding up to 14% extra fuel. Are these things in agreement? I don't think so because it is my understanding that if I decreased the MAP or VE numbers the engine would add less fuel, exacerbating the fuel trim problem I have. The MAF calibration tables are split into three sections by frequency in TunerPro. Would I have to make a custom layout or three custom layouts?

The car smells rich but drives well and has great power. I'm getting a little less than 11 MPG.