PDA

View Full Version : 16147060 $85 Superceeded to $D8

EagleMark
05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
This PCM and $85 always seems to bring me greif and I think I figured out why! :jfj:

I did some checking and all $85 bin files were superceeded, when you look at the superceeded bin file it is no longer $85, it is now $D8.

This would explain 2 xdf files I had titled $85 and I figured I would combine them since so many things were differant, man that was a disaster and waste of time. I then looked at two hacks from $85 file and total differences?

This would also explain why some guys get data with $85.adx and some don't or have problems. I have no idea what ALDL file to use to make a $D8 adx file?

So far all Axxx bin files for 7.4L 4L80E 16147060 $85 have been superceeded to Bxxx and have $D8 in mask ID space in hex. Have not researched any 5.7L bins...

Six_Shooter
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I just know that the XDF and ADX I have works great with $85....

Though my friend that is using the '7060 currently is now thinking about going to a '7427 to run MPFI, AFTER I get a couple spare '7060s to mess with on my bench. :facepalm:

EagleMark
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
You sure the bin you've been working with is marked $85? That would prove the XDF and ADX are $85.

As much as I don't like to start a tune with a superceeded bin file it looks like I will be using your XDF and ADX on this truck. I just don't have time to develop and test the other files. I don't even know what bin is in this truck till later today...

But at least we know now what/why there is other files and can title them properly. Also need to split the $85 info thread and include a $D8 thread to seperate defs, hacks and bins.

dave w
05-03-2012, 06:49 AM
I've used DataMaster TTS for $85, when when TunerPro RT $85 didn't work. DataMaster TTS is free for 20 data logs.:thumbsup:

dave w

1project2many
05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
This would also explain why some guys get data with $85.adx and some don't or have problems. I have no idea what ALDL file to use to make a $D8 adx file?

If the cals were superceded, the datastream should be the same with both masks. The dealer scantool (tech1) selects a data stream by year, make, and model entered by the tech. It knows nothing about the mask id and neither do techs operating it. Disassembling part of the car to get the ecm cover off and read the BCC takes too much time and since the only way to read the scan id is with the scan tool, scan id wouldn't be an option either.

dave w
05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
The attached $85 .bin file is from a 350 I used DataMaster TTS to tune with. Maybe this will help as a starter .bin?

dave w

EagleMark
05-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I've used DataMaster TTS for $85, when when TunerPro RT $85 didn't work. DataMaster TTS is free for 20 data logs.:thumbsup:
dave wIf the $85 EFI system is a conversion and rewired like Six Shooters then the ADX file will work. But in a stock truck or wired like a stock truck then it needs to have a connection command. The ALDL wire is dead and has other modules tied to the one wire so each module needs to be told what to do. Here is the note in ALDL file:

ECM OVERVIEW
------------
This ECM is a slave on a masterless ALDL. In other words, there is
no traffic on the ALDL, so when the tester is connected to
the ALDL it must initiate communications with the ECM rather than
waiting for the F0 poll.I now have a TunerPro $85 adx file that will connect to a stock 16147060 truck.

If the cals were superseded, the data stream should be the same with both masks. The dealer scan tool (tech1) selects a data stream by year, make, and model entered by the tech. It knows nothing about the mask id and neither do techs operating it. Disassembling part of the car to get the ecm cover off and read the BCC takes too much time and since the only way to read the scan id is with the scan tool, scan id wouldn't be an option either.In looking through the ALDL file list I could not find another option for this truck, not knowing if the list is complete I did not know if it was correct but after many hours of testing I would say you are absolutely correct. After getting the connection command working all data looks correct.

The attached $85 .bin file is from a 350 I used DataMaster TTS to tune with. Maybe this will help as a starter .bin?

dave w I looked at your bin and it is a $D8. So far every BCC I have checked marked Axxx has been $85 and superseded to Bxxx which is $D8.

I spent over 14 hours yesterday on a 3 hour tune while I had this truck. Good news is we have a ADX file that connects every time for a stock truck. Because of the note above from ALDL file connection the truck must be running to connect. I did not do complete testing for all scenarios but if truck is running, click connect and data starts flowing within a second. I did try to connect then start truck and no data.

More good news is I can not find anything wrong with the $85 XDF I used yesterday while tuning a $D8 bin file. I have not checked every signal hex address from hack to XDF file but of the hundred or so including the most important I did they all match up. Using the XDF to tune truck was easy and reliable. Customer was thrilled that his truck finally ran better then it did stock when it ran worse after a rebuild with aftermarket cam and intake! The owner of truck was also ASE certified tech with his own shop and 20 years experience. May be the first vehicle I have ever tuned that did not have a mechanical issue to correct first!

I want to do some cleaning up of the ADX and XDF files and I will post them for anyone who wants to use them.

dave w
05-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Mark,
I think I've just encountered a 16147060 .bin that will not connect with either TunerPro or DataMaster. I think the attached .bin is from a motor home chassis. If you get a chance, maybe you can let me know if the attached .bin is $D8? The .bin will not connect to a scan tool!

Thanks,
dave w

EagleMark
05-04-2012, 07:04 AM
AWYN is $85 checked in hex. Ran it in Cal Data and Superseded to BAMP checked hex $D8.

BCC Find results:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/result.shtml?BCC=awyn

I've attached the superseded bin for you and the ADX and XDF.

I have not had time to detail these files as I like to after I have tested and used them, but they do work fine.

In the ADX if you edit acquisition file there is a note, some need engine connection and some need connection set to none. With it being a motor home chassis I have no idea if it has other modules on ALDL line? It may be like Six Shooters and connect with none. It may even work on conversions that need none?

EDIT: A scan tool would have the connection! So try as is and then edit acquisition header and set connection to none.

chevmasta
05-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Maybe this is some of my problem!?

I tried to datalog today and could not get any datastream to come thru even though it says DA was connected? I've used TTSDatamaster 85 in the past with good results? My bin is a BANC.

IN the 7060 thread im using Six Shooters 85sort.xdf and the .adx from that also......I get nothing. If I use the A138.adx dowloaded from tunerpro website and the 85sort.xdf I can communicate and log fine.

Something is weird. I thought I had all of this working a month or so ago in my thread on thirdgen!?? ARGH!

Please help,

EagleMark
05-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Well I got the ADX above to work first shot every time on a stock factory truck that came with this ECM. The one Six Shooter uses has no connection command and works on the vehicle he converted. So it is something to do with stock factory truck and how the connection command is needed to start data.

I beleive both files above are same ones from Six Shooter but ADX has connection command, and they are renamed as a set. They may be differant or worked on? But I used them both and did many hours testing while I had the truck and they work fine.

chevmasta
05-23-2012, 03:12 AM
IDK WTF is going on. Tunerpro just crashed and now it seems to be working? Im done for today. I'll test more tomorrow. I'd like to get datatracing setup too.

dave w
05-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Mark,
I think I've just encountered a 16147060 .bin that will not connect with either TunerPro or DataMaster. I think the attached .bin is from a motor home chassis. If you get a chance, maybe you can let me know if the attached .bin is $D8? The .bin will not connect to a scan tool!

Thanks,
dave w

I used the .adx posted by EagleMark, and it's working fine for me.

dave w

Six_Shooter
05-23-2012, 05:25 AM
The ADX I use has connection commands.

The car I tune with it is wired exactly like an OEM vehicle as far as the ALDL side is concerned.

EagleMark
05-23-2012, 06:41 AM
But it does not have other modules that a stock truck with that PCM would have tied into same data line... Something is differant, beleive me, I trust you and tested your adx again after I added commands from ALDL.ds file to another one.

Six_Shooter
05-23-2012, 07:10 AM
What other modules would be on that line in a 1993 Chev full size truck?

EagleMark
05-23-2012, 08:12 AM
ABS is the only thing I can think of? It's on my 90 Suburban (160 Baud pin E) but has it's own pin on ALDL port... beleive me I racked my brain on this that day because you said it works. I don't remember the specifics but had to make a command change for connection, you needed a connection which is what ALDL.ds file says.. I could not get yours to connect, the one above connected first shot each time, even after restarts. If I weren't so tired I'd look at the 2 to see what I had to do, probably loose sleep over it...

ROBERT!!! Can you look up what is on a pin M data line from 1993 Chevy truck with 4l80E trans?

ECM OVERVIEW
------------
This ECM is a slave on a masterless ALDL. In other words, there is
no traffic on the ALDL, so when the tester is connected to
the ALDL it must initiate communications with the ECM rather than
waiting for the F0 poll.

RobertISaar
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
93 diagrams don't seem be very complete.... and the parts that are there are quite a pain to look at and not much help at all for the data circuits.

i did take a look at the ABS stuff, but it was quite vague. i think it was implying that it was connected to pin H?

chevmasta
05-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Update:

With SixShooters 85sort.xdf and EagleMarks $85-16147060-V5.adx‎ (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2179&d=1333816508) posted in the 7060 thread, I CANNOT connect to my PCM. It says "DA connecting" and it will never connect. In fact, I cannot connect with the other .adx posted in that thread or when I convert the .ads that's posted in that thread:
7060 _new.adx‎ (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=417&d=1321506203) (173.5 KB, 15 views) http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/images/attach/ads.gif 16147060_4L80E_A138_A177.ads‎ (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=418&d=1321506271) (219.2 KB, 10 views)

I CAN use the 85sort.xdf and the A138.adx (adx downloaded from Tunerpro's website) and I can connect just fine and log just fine.

What's kinda weird (maybe not? I'm a noOB!) is when I log with this A138.adx I then can use $85-16147060-V5.adx‎ (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2179&d=1333816508) and it will playback my datalog just fine using the dashboards. (That .adx has some good dashboards).

Does this make sense?

I really need to find an .adx that will work with the 85sort.xdf. That .xdf is well organized and defined. However, I don't have an .adx with dashboards. Is there a way to import dashboards without creating them?

Remember too, I have a BANC.bin

Sorry, I'm an idiot like I've previously mentioned.

LOL, Ryan

EagleMark
05-24-2012, 05:43 AM
There is no A138.ADX on TunerPro website, there is a A138.ads for TunerPro V4. Do you have TunerPro V4?

If you import it into TunerPro V5 and check it has exact connection command as the one Six Shooter uses, except on the one Six Shooter uses it also has the A177 ALDL for transmission data command as well. But no clear codes command. They will all play back the data properly.

Yes you can take dash boards from one to another but it's easier to change the connection commands.

I can't beleive I had this working, turn truck off, restart truck, hit connect and POOF! Data!

Have I ever mentioned I hate this ECM? I have a complete system in a box here so I have been working on this stuff for future use.

Before you try to connect with some of these ECM/PCM, this one in paticular, the engine has to be running. When you get a bad connection just disconnect and connect again.

Here are 2 more, one ending in test2 is identical to A138.ads connection commands after being imported into TunerPro V5, exactly the same as 16147060_4L80E_A138_A177.adx and 7060_new.adx. test is same but with a pause in case you get a data glitch. These have the dash boards and monitors in them.

All of these will record data from your ECM and work with the 85.sort.xdf or $85-16147060-V2.xdf are the same thing just reorginized. XDF will make changes with your bin file, they will all work together.

chevmasta
05-24-2012, 07:56 AM
I have tunerpro RT.....I'm pretty confident its the version 5? I'll have to check tomorrow.

Yes, it was the A138.ads that I converted to .adx with tunerproRT.

With the A138 the engine doesn't need to be running to connect for me? I can't get any other of the .adx's to work running or not. I'll try the one's you posted tomorrow and see if I can connect.

Today I was using the 85sort.xdf and the A138.adx to datalog and edit my bin VE tables. It didn't look the coolest (without a cool dashboard), but it was functional.

I'll report back tomorrow with my connection issues. Thank you for your help,

Ryan

chevmasta
05-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Update:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/images/attach/adx.gif $85-16147060-V5-test2.adx‎ (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2465&d=1337826699) works for me and connects instantly. Nice dashboards too. I was able to do some logging and VE map changes. I did a quick fuel pressure adjustment to increase about .75psi. A I run about 16-16.5psi now. A few quick idle tweaks for the new fuel pressure on the VE table and my whole table now is pretty much 125-131 BLM's. They have been about 119-140 when I started adjusting it 2 days ago. The VE table is WAY smoother now than with my original bin from the tuner.

I put the camper on my truck to get the higher loads of the VE map and it looks good. I found some area's of spark knock at higher loads and 30-35mph and started smoothing the spark table in that area. I'll have to retest again tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone's help on this. This is my first time tuning, but im not new to the game.

EagleMark
05-25-2012, 05:36 AM
I appreciate everyone's help on this. This is my first time tuning, but im not new to the game.BE CAREFUL!!! If you find knock you need to back away at least 2 degrees, usually 4.

chevmasta
06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm in need of some help.....again.

Using the "difference" tool in Tunerpro I have some addresses that show "item not defined". Is this an issue with an incomplete .xdf?

Here's the addresses that say undefined. I believe the big table is some sort of trans parameters and the 1AAA possible also:

Please help,
Address:
100A
1AAA
1AAD
114A
132E
132F
133A
133B
133C
133D
133E
134F
135D
135E
135F
136A
136B
136C
136D
137E
137F

chevmasta
06-02-2012, 08:08 AM
BTW, here's my 1993 454 spark map.

No detonation or knock counts last drive. I'm excited! I had to increase AE (maybe due to the increased advance at lower loads?) because the truck would act like someone shut the key off when I punched the throttle to 25% fast takoff. It never popped out the intake.....it was weird? It would also only do it when the engine was hot! (I may have changed the AE coolant multiplier when at temp. It was at .5) ;)

This spark map is a combination of 3 bin's taken from 1990-1995 454's. BAMY, BANC, and BMHK

It's still a work in progress. This is my first time tuning and all of this is new to me.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/sparkmap.jpg

EagleMark
06-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Sure looks better then a stock spark table! :thumbsup:

There's a couple $85 XDF out there and a lot of differences in the two. But I just did one of these trucks a couple weeks ago and found no need for more then the XDF we have been using here. There were things like governor etc...

Undefined means just that, it has not yet been added the the XDF from the hack of the bin. This is an excellent ECM but so few ever built that no one has yet to spend the time to do all work needed in XDF, but like I said, I found no need for more then what's there like Six Shooter did.

I ended up using BANF as a starter bin file for this one ton truck, new motor with slight cam. Since it was done Guy has towed a heavy load and reported no issues pulling the mountain passes nearby and cresting top 15 MPH faster then before, driving with out load was huge improvement from whatever bin it had stock to start, and this was for a 20 year tech with his own shop.

First got fueling VE, BLM in order, then went to spark.

Here's an example of a stock GM disaster spark table, stock BANF. If you look at fueling VE tables they are also a disaster, more on that below...
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2515&stc=1&d=1338646927

Sticking with all stock bias settings and just working the stock GM spark table smoothed to end up with same timing at all situations, then adding timing while touching knock retard and backing off 4 degrees for safety since this was used for towing heavy loads. Here's what I ended up with. I could have spent another 10 minutes to further smooth the fine tune, but it would not run any better, just the graph table would look prettier.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2516&stc=1&d=1338646927

You can see the similarity but without the insanity. First understand timing is in the cell of spark table but it interpolates from four surrounding cells to come up with actual timing advance. When GM did these you have to remember they were first done on engine dyno to produce maximum cylinder pressure/HP at 115 atdc IIRC, then went to drive-ability guys, then had to pass emissions guys, so maybe it was a decent table at first, but drive-ability needed less spark here so they grabbed that area and pulled it down, then emissions guy needed something and grabbed that area and pushed it. In the end it works fine, but how the heck are you supposed to tune it now?

Why some deceration in some bins is over 45 degrees when maximum allowed is 41.84 I still don't understand, but it surely to do with one of the bias to main tables.

I'll attach the bin if you'd like to compare or try.

chevmasta
06-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I figured that's what it was with the .xdf not complete. I started tuning the tuner's bin that I got from him and he's modified the addresses I posted above. And my 2nd gear shifts really hard so I wanted to see if I can put those trans parameters back to stock and see if it helps. (I have a transgo kit in the trans too)
Maybe I'll have to lean how to do hac stuff. Idk.

I've added alot of low load lower rpm timing as you can see. Truck really responds well. I hope this gets me another 1mpg. Afterall, that's 10%!!!!! LMAO!

My truck does NOT like the timing anywhere from 1600-2800 rpms and 60-90kpa area's. Go figure, the stock map was way low too.

I started on my VE tables and I can see they've changed since I've done my spark. I will have to revisit. My stock spark table is posted below.

Here's the 3 bins/spark maps that I've combined to make my current spark map:

1995 454SS BMHK

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/454ss1995.jpg

1990 454SS BAMY

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/bamy.jpg

1993 454 1 ton BANC

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/banc.jpg

Here's my current showing the left side decel dropping off timing. A better view of my map is posted in my previous post:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/current-1.jpg

EagleMark
06-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Not sure without the bin to compare but looks like you dropped way to much decel there? It may not even light off throughing raw unburned fuel at you O2 sensor during decel, isn't your bin here some where?

So what's the issue now your after?

What's done to your motor? You ought to try that bin I posted just to see how it runs, it also had a smoother VE table to start then tweaked via BLM, does not have the super drop in fuel used to limit power and RPM, compare it to a stock BANF...

I see what you did with the three, but I don't like to do that because of all other bias possibilities of three bin files from 5 years apart? Then a performance truck and a work horse, I mean look at the 454 SS table capared to the BANC which looks identical to BANF... I keep finding the KISS policy works well

chevmasta
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I've dropped 2* at 1000 and 7* at 1200. It's actually not THAT much different on decel. I was thinking of doing more because of the little difference. I still have 15 and 16* in those cells.
It's also hard to get DFCO to actually turn on. When it does my timing was dropping down to 10*

I know the only difference in the GEN V 454's from SS to mine is tuning. Base engine is exactly the same. they had 250hp IIRC and I had 235hp.

Only place I found my bin was on the tunerpro site, IIRC. I do have a copy if you want it. I used the HDR1 from moates to read my bin so I know it's a correct BANC.bin

My engine is pretty much stock minus a 3" exhaust from the manifolds back. And a fuel pressure increase to 16psi. I'll try your bin and see what happens.

Here's my current VE map. needs some small tweaks after some timing adjustments ive made. Remember that I rarely get out to 4krpm areas for the most part so those I really haven't done some tweaking in.

This is my first time tuning with this stuff. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. lol

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/ve.jpg

stock VE table:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/stockve.jpg

EagleMark
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Looks like your doing good with the tables! Way easier to work with then stock.

DFCO bias is obviously intruding on what timing table says, another good reason to bring it back up to where it should be stock.

If your got 16 PSI then grab that injector sizing spread sheet I just posted in another thread and see what BPW is supposed to be.

chevmasta
06-04-2012, 12:46 AM
So I took a look at your bin spark map and compared it to mine in various areas. Just looking at the two tables (to the untrained eye) they look different.........

However, my spark timing cells were within .5*- 1.25*of yours in many many points! Mostly in the loaded areas where the truck is actually driven under towing conditions. This makes me happy! Makes me confident in what I was doing.

I do have significant more timing in the lower rpm and lower loaded areas where a vacuum advance would be........but......

I've been driving it alot and not getting one single knock count!

EagleMark
06-04-2012, 03:53 AM
That's fine, but now add a 10k load?

The little differences your finding would probably not add up to that much at timing marks! Remember the cell your in is interpolated with four surrounding cells to come up with actual number, without bias factors.

Learn to use the smooth tool, set to .50, start at bottom right cell and smooth, nothing should change, go across bottom row to left doing the same, one cell at a time. Now go back to bottom right and move up one row, one cell at a time up 100 MAP to top. Then do second row up from bottom. right to left, third row up, fourth and all. Leave all idle alone and same... now look at your graph or watch as you do this. You'll see how everthing comes closer together, looks smoother but interpolation will end up about same timing. Now when smooth if you find some knock in a cell, you can take out 1 degree from 3 rows and three columns, still smooth, not like what GM did and grab and area and YANK those weird spikes and valleys...

chevmasta
06-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Yeah, I haven't loaded it with 10k yet. I've been tuning it with my 10.5' camper on. Total weight is about 3k lbs. When I add the boat and full of gear I should be in the 9k range and this should be the most I'll tow.

I should have been more specific too. I have the G3 switching adapter from Moates. I plan on having a few different maps.......one specifically for a "tow/haul" mode like the new trucks which drastically change my shift points and back off some timing. One for Unloaded operation, and who know's what else. I think I can have 16 different maps with the EX switch.

http://www.moates.net/gp3-switcher-adapter-with-zif-and-chip.html
http://www.moates.net/ex-remote-switch-w-led.html

I really appreciate your help with everything. If I get up in your area I owe you a beer! I'll check out the smoothing function and play with it.

Next thing I want to go after is the small puff of black smoke during initial crank/startup when cold. It's never done this before. It's not causing a runability problem but it must be too rich on cranking.

Edit:
Here's my map with the smoothing at .85:
.50 seemed to add a degree or more of timing in areas which I didn't want.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/smoothing1.jpg

Here's my setup:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/modaddict/photo4.jpg

RobertISaar
06-04-2012, 05:42 AM
assuming $85 / $D8 is 64KB, then you'll have a max of 8 BINs with the G3.

chevmasta
06-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Yeah they are the wimpy files. 32k

:)

RobertISaar
06-04-2012, 06:18 AM
not a problem at all. you can pack a lot of stuff into 32KB of space.

i'm currently transforming what used to be 32KB BINs into 64KB because i ran out of space for my mods in a 32KB BIN.

EagleMark
06-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Your learning way to fast and will be teaching soon! :thumbsup:

chevmasta
06-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I found a little something interesting on this. I had a "BCC Lookup" .xls file on my computer that says it's from the moates.net website.

my BCC BANC say's it's a D8 I.D. also. hmmm.....also says a 1991 K2500....not quite right for mine, but....

D8

BANC

32.00 KB

K2

L19

MT1

AUTO

5X2

A quick peak on the net didn't find a D8 xdf on the net. Maybe I should learn some hack stuff. Sounds pretty time consuming to do the hack stuff though?

EagleMark
06-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Maybe you should read this thread from first post? Pretty much explains how $85 turned into $D8...

Then catch up to todays technoligy:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/

:rockon:

chevmasta
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
No need to re-read.

I just found something on my computer and thought I'd share what it was.

I donated yesterday to help you continue with today's technology. :happy:
Bravo. Keep it up!

Ryan

1BadAction
04-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Sooo... My $85 mask is now $D8 with the same XDF? I really need to start on this 7060 now that my suburban is together and cranked up, but it's been a year since I've had my head wrapped around TBI tuning the last time.

EagleMark
04-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Yup, here's the latest files.

1BadAction
04-02-2013, 02:56 AM
Thanks Mark. They are referring to PE as "WOT mode" correct? I need to make sure it's off before I start on this thing...

EagleMark
04-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Right, PE is titled WOT in this mask, I don't know why, just what the original author started with. I think next time I work on it I'll change it to PE.

Turning off PE just gives you more opportunity to get more BLM cells filled in data logging.

1BadAction
04-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Right, PE is titled WOT in this mask, I don't know why, just what the original author started with. I think next time I work on it I'll change it to PE.

Turning off PE just gives you more opportunity to get more BLM cells filled in data logging.

It's easy enough to turn off, I might as well. Still not sure if I'll do it via BLMs or my LC1 Wideband... With the excel correction sheet, the BLM way seems fairly simple and maybe even easier.

EagleMark
04-02-2013, 04:28 AM
Pretty easy to do via BLM, WB would help on PE for accuracy.

Is this your 1991 Suburban? If it's a towing torque monster you'll be fine. These PCM Injector Duty Cycle to go static 100% around 3500 RPM. Even stock engines in trucks seem to run out of VE at stock pressure.

chevmasta
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM

Is this your 1991 Suburban? If it's a towing torque monster you'll be fine. These PCM Injector Duty Cycle to go static 100% around 3500 RPM. Even stock engines in trucks seem to run out of VE at stock pressure.

Mark,
This seems to be true as you have seen my datologs showing that.

However, I believe in PE mode, fuel is still added. you can see the 02 sensor peg at .900mv even when the injector supposedly goes static. Why/How is this done? Async flag still is off?

thoughts?

edit: I guess i'm not static after all. Remember when you did the idc calculation fix? I'm only hitting 81%IDC and 7.0BPW

1BadAction
04-02-2013, 05:23 PM

Yes, this is my 91 Burb. 266HR Roller cam and 9.5ish compression with dome pistons and cleaned up peanut port heads. Doing the math, I figured I could go to 18PSI and have enough headroom for WOT, but my main goal for this weekend is to clean up the low RPM VE table so it's not fouling plugs rich while idling and driving normally. Then I can go from there. It has a fresh pump in it. Noisy as hell, but seems to be strong. :)

EagleMark
04-02-2013, 05:50 PM
When it enters PE the calculation for BPW changes to new AFR, so more fuel. But available on time is still the same, as RPM increases available time get's shorter. 7.1 BPW is about 85% IDC at 3600 RPM, but the same 7.1 BPW at 4600 RPM is 108% IDC

EagleMark
04-02-2013, 05:52 PM
It has a fresh pump in it. Noisy as hell, but seems to be strong. :)Vane drive pumps are better but noisier... not bad in tank, but man do they whine external...

Hillbilly
04-22-2014, 10:13 PM
My mind is now blown. I spent a year trying to burn a new chip for my '92 k2500 and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Perfect timing, too, since I just rebuilt the motor. Any advice for me, I'm still a tuning virgin technically lol. I'm a bit of a nerd tho so I should catch on fast once I get burn to actually work. 357-flat top pistons, ported stock truck heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, summit 1103 cam(288/298 duration, .444/.466 lift) roller rockers, torker2 carb intake, 454 tbi (I got 65# and 80# injectors) and short tube headers (for now). 4l80e stock trans, 4.10 geared 14bolt.

dave w
04-22-2014, 10:54 PM
My mind is now blown. I spent a year trying to burn a new chip for my '92 k2500 and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Perfect timing, too, since I just rebuilt the motor. Any advice for me, I'm still a tuning virgin technically lol. I'm a bit of a nerd tho so I should catch on fast once I get burn to actually work. 357-flat top pistons, ported stock truck heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, summit 1103 cam(288/298 duration, .444/.466 lift) roller rockers, torker2 carb intake, 454 tbi (I got 65# and 80# injectors) and short tube headers (for now). 4l80e stock trans, 4.10 geared 14bolt.

I think using a Moates.net Ostrich 2 would be an option to consider? https://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the-new-breed-p-169.html

No need for chip burning equipment. Just upload the binary (.bin) file from TunerPro RT. The Ostrich 2 can be "flashed" while driving!

dave w

dktool
10-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Is eaglemark or sixshooter still around or did I miss them by 4 years ?

dktool
10-15-2016, 09:10 AM

1BadAction
11-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Is eaglemark or sixshooter still around or did I miss them by 4 years ?

Eaglemark isn't with us anymore, sixshooter is rolling around here somewhere I think, but it seems since Mark left us it's gotten real quiet :sad:

1project2many
11-03-2016, 12:36 AM
it seems since Mark left us it's gotten real quiet

Sadly it has. In addition to Mark's passing, my job now requires many hours and my family seems to get much of the rest of my free time. I miss the fun of playing with cars and EFI. :(

But I do appreciate the all help from the folks who watch the board daily. :rockon:

dave w
11-03-2016, 03:23 AM
I'm in a similar time crunch as 1project2many. I keep an eye (keyboard) on the site as best I can.

dave w

RobertISaar
11-06-2016, 05:34 AM
X3, I'd love to spend more time finishing my current projects(and helping out others where I can) let alone starting new ones, but it's really difficult as it is with our work schedules now.

Anatolich
11-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Maybe it is useful to somebody:rockon:

AWBP $85 5,7TBI 4L80 1991 V2500 Suburban
AWTU $D8 5,7TBI 4l80 (stock chip w/o EGR and О2-sensor)