PDA

View Full Version : hey guys' need help picking a stock .bin for my truck

mike454
07-02-2019, 04:46 PM
its a 1993 3500 Chevrolet 4 door 2wd 16147060 bamp was the stock .bin and it was terrible,wouldnt pull itself..

truck won't be towing anything other than maybe a car trailer with a nomad on it..

I found these in this thread by six shooter and eagle mark http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?317-16147060-PCM-Information-85

I just wasn't sure enough to pick the best one for towing,any safe suggestions till I get familiar enough with tuner pro to do it myself?

Just didn't want to hurt it,with detonation(especially if I let my dad pull his boat with it),till I am able to make my own.....

The 454ss stock one runs good, but shifts pretty hard, and looks like it has a lot more timing in it than a tow beast should prob have.

thanks for any suggestions

mike454

In-Tech
07-03-2019, 03:46 AM
I glanced at that thread and I think all of those are stock .bin files. I wish I had a hopped up 87 octane tune for ya but all of the 7060 stuff I have done had a whipple on it. There's the one 496 edelbrocked headed one I did but I don't think that will help you. :innocent2: Hopefully one of the other guys has something for you. When you get into tuning and have questions I am sure many will jump in to help.

mike454
07-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Thank you In-Tech.
As I learn more,i do have a 91 1500 that I put all the 454ss running gears in that was wrecked.
It has Edelbrock heads and the rest of the Edelbrock” mpfi kit” on it.
I read the Edelbrock chip and looked at it and it looks strange. I definitely want to learn by tweaking on it.
It should run much better than it does.