PDA

View Full Version : 1320 Electronics ALDL

RallySlow92
05-02-2019, 12:18 AM
I'm having trouble getting data with the car running for some reason it works with the car not running i can look see the TPS go up an down when pushing the gas pedal and see voltage but as soon as i start the car it glitches i have tried TunerPro and EEhack both do the same thing car is a 92 camaro LT1 swapped

sturgillbd
05-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Make sure all pcm grounds are in place and clean. Make sure the ALDL connector ground pin is connected to a good ground such as the engine block. Also make sure your engine harness isn't positioned close to a plug wire running parallel with it. Either can cause glitches. Check in windows device manager under properties and advanced for the usb/serial device. If it is a FTDI chipset, there is a latency setting there you can lower and it helps in some cases.

Hope this helps,
Brian

RallySlow92
05-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Lower latency multiple time and tested data acquisition in TunerPro and got no cable found

In-Tech
05-02-2019, 04:39 PM
I am not familiar with that cable but just about every time I have ever had 8192 baud problems was due to electrical noise, mainly msd box stuff but sometimes a noisy alternator that charges just fine, but, I've seen as much as +/- 120v on a 12v system with a scope :( In a pinch I just hang a big capacitor on the system to clean it up. This is my go to and I install it on all my marine projects. It's as big as a coil, lol https://www.tedss.com/2020004815

delcowizzid
05-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Big one is make sure you have resistor spark plugs fitted and carbon leads not copper core leads.and if the usb cable is detachable try another one with a ferrite choke on it

donf
05-09-2019, 03:02 AM
I had the exact same problem with the exact same cable. John at 1320 Electronics is super! Its not the cable, its a problem with the car. He built me a few special cables with extra filters then credited the standard cable towards the Bluetooth version. All my problems disappeared, plus now I can data log with my phone using his app. The Bluetooth ALDL is not as susceptible to ground interference. John has been great through the whole thing so I cant say enough good about his products. He is a member here. His user name is 1320_john. You can contact him on his website too.

RallySlow92
05-10-2019, 04:22 AM
I don't think its the car i can't get Tunerpro to connect to the cable

donf
05-10-2019, 04:46 AM
I'm having trouble getting data with the car running for some reason it works with the car not running...
I don't think its the car i can't get Tunerpro to connect to the cable

OK, suit yourself. I have already been through the exact same situation with the same symptoms with the same brand cable and found the answer almost two years ago. It was a ground interference problem that would only show up with the standard cable when the van was running. I could hook up to it fine with the engine off. If you don't think so, by all means, keep doing what ever you need to do.