PDA

View Full Version : Jet flash error

01z28auto
04-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Hi guys,I’m using my jet 14005 and trying to read an 04 Silverado 4.8. I can connect the cable and catalog it as well as read the vehicle vin information. When I try to read the pcm and save the tune so I can begin tuning, I get an error that reads:PCM memory read aborted, invalid response from pcm. I got in touch with jet support and they gave me a list of fuses to pull and try to read but none of them helped. I can read my brothers and my f-bodies pcm’s just fine but this truck is throwing me for a loop. Has anyone here seen this issue or have any insight on what to look for? Thanks in advance.

kur4o
04-17-2019, 01:03 AM
It could be aftermarket radio or remote start button that buggs the bus. Pulling fuses might help. You `d better don`t flash the pcm untill you find the cause. A bench flash will be the most reliable in that case.

01z28auto
04-17-2019, 01:42 AM
We tried pulling a long list of fuses we were given by jet and it didn’t work. The one odd thing is I had a friend with hp tuners hook up to the truck today and he was able to read it.

Slikrider20
05-08-2019, 12:40 AM
Kind of sucks having to use Jet, support is few and far between. Jet Flash has bricked 4 of my Pcms now, and I think it's purely because it's ancient software and I'm trying to use windows 10 for it. (yes I changed all the compatibility settings)

I just downloaded oracle virtual machine loading up XP and it works great. Now I just gotta see if it'll brick anymore of my Pcms. Just too much crap going on in the background on 10.

01z28auto
05-08-2019, 06:14 AM
I had trouble with it on my windows 7 laptop and had to send the box in to be repaired which they took great care of me on, considering they took care of it after it’s warranty period (which I didn’t know what the period was). I started using an old xp laptop with a serial port so I could do away with the usb to serial adapter and newer os. It works fine on the 2 f-body pcm’s I mess with but this truck is still being a problem. Jet now says it may be a hardware problem with the box and say it’s out of warranty and also that it’s not any cheaper to repair the box than it is to buy a new unit. I really don’t want to have to pay what hp tuners or efi live costs after buying this and the logger as well as viewer, but maybe what’s in the cards.