PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Iowa

ruiterman
04-23-2012, 05:11 AM
I've got a couple of Third Gen F body cars. An '89 Formula Firebird and an '85 IROC Z28. I'm working on the IROC getting it back running after it being stored in a barn for almost 4 years. I got it running the other day and now need get the exhaust reconnected. After that it's time to learn to tune so I can do some mods I have been planning on.

Guess we'll see how motivated I am to work on this thing. I sure needs plenty of work.

Ed

EagleMark
04-23-2012, 05:48 AM
:welcome2:

Hope we can help! Don't forget there's a great site for all things third Gen at thirdgen.org

:welcome:

srobertsfsj
04-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a fun project. I am new myself and I can tell you there are some very helpful (and patient) folks here, welcome!

dave w
04-23-2012, 07:43 AM
:welcome:

dave w

ruiterman
04-23-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm glad to be here. I actually found this site from a link from thirdgen.org. I have been visiting that site for quite some time. I started these projects a few years ago, but got side tracked with my sons '89 Camaro (yes, that's 3 third gens in our fleet). Now that his car is on the road and doing well, I'm getting back to my Camaro.

I purchased some equipment from Moates.net a few years ago. A Romulator maybe, or something, I don't remember for sure? I never really used it yet. I also have TunerPro RT v4.00. This is not the latest version I would assume.

I'm looking to get started tuning some proms. Currently my car is a pretty much stock '85 305 TPI. Mostly because there is a "better" exhaust on the car. Not sure it's a any better, but it is certainly not the original exhaust.

Now it's getting the final touches on getting this thing back on the road, and then on to tuning. Over all, it's nearly back on the road, but it really needs a lot of work. It could use an engine rebuild, and a tranny rebuild too, but that is going to have to wait.

I certainly will appreciate the help getting started. With my work schedule, it may be a bit slow going, but we'll work through that as well.

Thanks again,
Ed