PDA

View Full Version : Tablet

Stroked 388
01-31-2019, 06:21 PM
Has anyone been able to run tunerpro.. eehack ect. On a tablet ? I tried on my LG Android based and it doesn't support the file. I have tried downloading different apps from the play store but haven't found one that will allow me to use them programs or support them. Thanks Gary.

S.O.B.B.
01-31-2019, 11:01 PM
Have u tried aldl droid

Stroked 388
01-31-2019, 11:11 PM
Have u tried aldl droid

No I haven't is it available on the play store app? Thanks for the response

3400tZ
02-01-2019, 03:41 AM
My app (ALDLdroid) is on the Play store (see link in my signature) and supports TunerPro file formats (ADX/XDF). I'm not sure exactly what you need for eehack but feel free to email me at aldldroidapp [at] gmail.com to discuss further. Thanks

steveo
02-01-2019, 04:30 AM
aldldroid is definitely as good as it gets with android devices

to run eehack or tunerpro you'd need a ms windows based tablet

technically i might be able to get eehack working on some android devices (some people have qserialport and some other necessary things working in a limited fashion), but the ui is crap for a touch screen without windows, so i doubt i'll bother, it just wouldn't be very good.

Stroked 388
02-01-2019, 04:40 AM
Hey Steve..Ya was just checking if anyone has done it was just thinking of something smaller than my laptop I could put eehack... tunerpro ect. on maybe even do some type of mount for it. But sounds like the laptop will work for now.... thanks Gary

Stroked 388
02-01-2019, 04:43 AM
Thanks I'll take a look and get back to you. Ya I would have to ask what is needed for eehack. Steve or Ivan would know thanks again Gary

CDeeZ
02-03-2019, 05:30 AM
I was playing around with a tablet for additional gauges in my turbo LS truck. The thing I could never figure out an easy solution for was how to make the tablet power on when the vehicle is running and shut off when it is not.

I think rooting the tablet MIGHT be able to accomplish this but I got busy and never tested this.

Stroked 388
02-04-2019, 06:05 AM
I was playing around with a tablet for additional gauges in my turbo LS truck. The thing I could never figure out an easy solution for was how to make the tablet power on when the vehicle is running and shut off when it is not.

I think rooting the tablet MIGHT be able to accomplish this but I got busy and never tested this.

I'm no master electronics person but I think you would have to tie in the the main battery power on the tablet some how and a switched ingnition power source that will act as the battery power. Don't think it would be to difficult to make a power pig tail that can be disconnected.

CDeeZ
02-05-2019, 07:18 AM
Interesting idea you have there. That might be more work than rooting a tablet and doing it that way though lol..

Stroked 388
02-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Hahaha you are probably rite :)