PDA

View Full Version : Datastream data items

wolf87ca
04-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Hello,
I was woindering if anyone knows if theres a listing or where i could find one, of all the different sensors or bits of information that exist and are possible to read from the data stream, and their corresponding hex addresses
i.e.
"TPS Voltage 0x10 16"
i think in tunerpro this is called the packet offset, i guess i refer to irt as an adress as it reminds me of a hex hardware address used in computers, and serial communications, anyways, i have found the .DS files i would use, a217.ds and a218.ds but cant seem to relate how they would integrate into tunerpro.
Cheers and thanks,
Tyler
edit: i should also mention, my PCM is a 7427, running BHRJ chip, with an $0D mask, \
1994 S15 Jimmy 4.3 Vin "W" 4L60E

wolf87ca
04-16-2012, 01:54 AM
Disregard this, i managed to hunt around and figured out how to use the .ds files, also, noticed it will be hard to use values from both A217 and A218, as they have overlapping packet offsets, I assume i would have to use seperate command sets for accessing both types of datastreams by what the commands say at the beginning of each file.
cheers
Tyler

RobertISaar
04-16-2012, 01:57 AM
that's why the "command association" box exists.

if you have an application that can stream multiple messages, then that's how you tell tunerpro to keep track of which data belongs to each item.

gregs78cam
04-16-2012, 02:39 AM
You can transmit any data you want out on the ALDL, as long as you know the location that it is being loaded to or from in the chip. I added trans temp and current gear to the engine stream, you just need to willing to replace something you don't want for something you do. This is how I do it....

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?635-Hacking-the-DataStream

EagleMark
04-16-2012, 02:43 AM
And your working on ADX files that are very well built already for TunerPro...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?303-16197427-PCM-Information-OD