PDA

View Full Version : Problem with idle Overspeed Spark Advance Correction vs RPM erro table in TunerCat RR

Aksl
07-31-2018, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I have run in to a problem with "idle Overspeed/Underspeed Spark Advance Correction vs RPM erro" tables, i wonder if anyone can help:

I set values that should make a smooth curve, but instead at some point of 37.5rpm it just throws the curve back to zero, but at that poin it must be at the mark of 37.5rpm and make a smooth curve, please see the print screens attached. I as well attach my .cal file for your reference, so you can analyze. As well if you guys can open it and tell me, do you see the same thing as me (same error)? If not, than i gues it is an error in deffinition files or XDF files i recieved from moates.net, since everyone else is downloading and installing same setup.exe file, i tried several times to uninstall and reinstall the tunercat, and updated it to 3.52 RR tuner real time version, i`m running it with emulater from moates and 0411pcm.

And i`m sure its not the tune, when i get another tune .cal file, and open these tables i see same error at 37,5rpm.

Thank you all in advance for help. cheers will keep in touch.

2xls1
08-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Email John at Tunercat tc@tunercat.com and ask him for any updates for the def files you've bought. FWIW it the graph displays correctly for me when I open the file you posted.

P.S. it's rpm and not mph.

delcowizzid
08-01-2018, 07:22 AM
I think it's cause he had 5 in that cell not -5 like your table has

Aksl
08-01-2018, 08:43 AM
Email John at Tunercat tc@tunercat.com and ask him for any updates for the def files you've bought. FWIW it the graph displays correctly for me when I open the file you posted.

P.S. it's rpm and not mph.

Hello 2xls1, thank you for your advice, and table example in your programm. I have contacted tc, they don' have my mail in their client database, since i bought the software from moates, and my 0411 with roadronner emulator. So tc told me to contact moates for the update, and i did, and moates have supplied me with a link to 3.52 update. As i have mentioned above, i have reinstalled the tc many times, and still got same result.
I have already reported that to tc&moates yesterday, waiting for the answear, made this theme, to see if maybe someone already had such a issue.

P.S. Sorry for the rpm/mph mistake, my bad.

I wonder if my cold start problem that i cant solve for long time is due to that error...
https://youtu.be/IjGvwQ9WGgI

Aksl
08-01-2018, 08:46 AM

Hello delcowizzid, if you look carefully, there are two different tables, one is overspeed, the other underspeed, in one the digits are negative, in the other one are positive. And either the way, if i have had mistaken, the line would not be at zero..

delcowizzid
08-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Your first picture looked like you had one cell as a positive number but it was just the red on blue background I couldn't see the - sign in from of the 5 on my phone lol

Aksl
08-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Your first picture looked like you had one cell as a positive number but it was just the red on blue background I couldn't see the - sign in from of the 5 on my phone lol

Ah, I see, ok, but you know, for me to find this error was very lucky, when all of a certain at 37.5RPM it throws the line in the chart to zero, how surprised i was, you cant imagine, i have been battling with my "cold start" (cold start i mean at any temperature, just when the car stats without touching the pedal i mean, by it self, by PCM control) and couldn`t manage to tune it, have been reading and studying the tables i need to change, instructions and so on, and when i read about changing this chart, i go their, make changes in real time and get no reaction, i just by being curious how the line chart looks opened it and couldn`t believe my ayes when i so that the chart doesn`t actually work because of an error in the software, and not some craked software, but a licensed one, officially bought from representative. Deam, it`s just bed luck for me i guess... :mad1:

2xls1
08-01-2018, 04:01 PM
I know others who bought their TC from Moates and John at TC gives them support after explaining that support from Moates was spotty at best. And 3.52 would be an update to the TC Editor. You need to update the definition file.

2xls1
08-01-2018, 04:02 PM

I used his file.

Aksl
08-01-2018, 05:12 PM
I used his file.

I see, thank you for info, i have sent Dave & John a link to my google drive with read/write rights, to upload me updated definition files and xdf. I have as well uploaded their my present definition&xdf files so they can analyze them. Waiting for John to inform me that he has uploaded new files to my drive..

Aksl
08-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Ok everyone, thank you for your time and help, the problem solved, John from tc has helped.

The problem occurred, because in my windows regional settings, the decimals were set to be divided by a comma, not a dot, as soon as i changed that by Johns advice, the graphic became normal. I wonder if that could react on my engine running...

Thank you.