PDA

View Full Version : 5.7 TBI with 1227747 data log

Tyree
05-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Does anybody have a data log from a known good running 5.7? I would like to compare and contrast against my own data log..Thanks

dave w
05-03-2018, 03:07 AM
Does anybody have a data log from a known good running 5.7? I would like to compare and contrast against my own data log..Thanks

The attached should be good enough to compare and contrast with.

dave w

Tyree
05-04-2018, 12:05 AM
Thank you Dave W. I appreciate that help so much.! -Tyree

Tyree
05-04-2018, 12:27 AM
I had to take a few days off the truck because it was fucking with my mojo. Again thanks to everyody for their assistance. I did another log today of me sitting in my driveway idling and revving engine with no load. I am currently learning this tunerpro and trying to make sense of this log. Does zig zag spark advance readings appear to be normal?

Tyree
05-05-2018, 06:21 AM
I watched the log of the good running 5.7 from the previous post (thank you). I see that your spark advance numbers are fairly consistent. On my log, I see spark advance numbers running up and down in a zig zag pattern over time. Does anybody else see this? Does this indicate a problem with my spark advance? possibly my ignition module on my distributor? Any thoughts?
Thanks Tyree

jim_in_dorris
05-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Tyree,did you patch your chip to enable spark advance logging?

Tyree
05-08-2018, 11:49 PM
My ECM is factory..what does this mean? I am still in the initial learning the ins and outs of tuner pro.. isn’t zig zag spark graph not accurate on my log?

tamperedchevy
05-09-2018, 05:21 AM
so no chip mods on ECM? the spark advance in datalog would only show your actual spark advance if the hack was burned into the eprom or "chip"

Tyree
05-09-2018, 10:08 AM
thank you for sharing this with me. I would never of known this and just assumed that my spark advance was haywire according to my data log. Tomorrow I am installing a new distributor with new ignition module and pick up coil as well. In addition, I am installing a new coil. I have no choice at this point to find this phantom, intermittent problem. My last effort is to believe that my coil is weak under load. I have went through everything from a to z a hundred times.... I will see what happens after installing these new parts tomorrow. say a prayer to the chevy TBI Gods....

1project2many
05-09-2018, 02:07 PM
say a prayer to the chevy TBI Gods....

They appreciate it if you sacrifice a Yugo or LeCar during prayers.