PDA

View Full Version : New Member of Gearhead EFI

ClassicRV
04-28-2018, 01:31 AM
Hi my name is Jim:happy:,

I grew up with Carbs and distributors and am in the process of restoring a '67 Camaro w/ SBC 350.

I recently purchased a 1989 RV with a 350 TBI from my Father. He had replaced the worn out 350 with a GM long block with an RV cam. Needless to say the TBI doesn't like the 220/220 114LSA Cam. I purchased the Moates APU1 and TurnerPro RT. I am both excited and nervous about getting into "tuning". From what I can tell this is a great place to learn and share. I am also new to posting on forums, so please provide me any appropriate feedback.

57 Handyman
04-28-2018, 02:45 AM
Welcome, ClassicRV. As for appropriate feedback for you, just jump right in and read, read, read. Once you feel comfortable, plan out what you want to do, give it a shot and, if you run into a problem, read some more, then ask by posting your questions on the forum. There are a bunch of knowledgeable, experienced, and gifted tuners who are all willing to lend a hand and share what they've learned.

I'm also a carb and distributor, old school, and classic car enthusiast. This stuff represents a challenge as well as full on befuddlement. Good luck!

57 Handyman
05-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Is anyone having problems with this thread? All i see are lines and number...doesn't make sense???

1project2many
05-12-2018, 01:54 AM
No worries. It was spammers.