PDA

View Full Version : NewB

C2500
12-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Hey guys looks like a good forum to understand and get some good help from on a project I just completed. Ill post soon the issue I seem to have that I cant seen to get straightened out.
Any way I have a 94 C2500 extended cab with a 383 that I had built from a local machine shop that also builds racing engines and also is a very good friend..
Thanks for help in advanced and here’s a pic of the project at hand..

daveosx
12-29-2017, 09:59 PM
Hi
Nice truck
Curious what cam did you use LSA# around 117 I hope?

C2500
12-30-2017, 01:12 AM
Rut Ro
No its Lunati 54760 hyd roller Lobe separation is 112........ This was suggested by Harris performance
213/219 @ 50
447/471 lift
Motor runs good after its up to temp but its got issues on cold start and hot restart is very rich. Chip is on its way back to Ed at super chips in Ok.....
I neede to start a new topic on this....

stew86MCSS396
12-30-2017, 05:49 AM
I saw your BBC injectors in the for sale section...what are you using now and what makes you think the BBC ones are too much for your application? For starters, you can't swap a bigger injector in and expect it run right on the same tune. You need to let Ed know what injectors you're going to use and have him change it in the chip. As an FYI bro's truck is a 350 .040 vortec head L98 cam shorties using the BBC 74#. I would think that you would run out of injector with your hotter setup. :thumbsup:

C2500
12-30-2017, 04:58 PM
The whole injector issue was what was suggested and we cant get it to work so Ed suggested to run the 65pph injectors and he will reset the tune as the chip is on its way back to Ed. This is a Low rpm motor built for towing a trailer so rpm will most likely be under 5000 rpm.
This injection is all new to me and trying to understand how it works and what needs to change to make it work like its supposed to. I have a snap on scanner that I picked up from e bay so I can set throttle plate to where it needs to be so the iac can be where it need to be. And also letting Ed know what he needs to correct the rich cold start and rich hot restart so hope to get the chip back next week..
I’m going to start another thread...Thanks:rockon:

daveosx
12-31-2017, 09:07 PM
I know a lot of guys years ago wanted the BBC injectors.
They flow great at longer pulse widths but are a little wonky at small pulse rates making idle and low throttle problematic.