PDA

View Full Version : OBDII cables flasher and tuner

EagleMark
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Seems like all the technoligy is there alreay overseeas? Why couldn't we use one of these for USA cars

http://www.ufodiag.com/K%2bCAN+Commander/

RobertISaar
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
mmm. not sure what type of communication protocall those cars use. USDM cars even used 3 or 4 different comm protocalls i can think of when OBD2 was mandated. if the cable is capable of the one you need for a specific car, then the hardware portion is fine and you'll just need to deal with the software portion of it.

technically, i think even an ELM327 can be used to flash a vehicle, but due to some hardware lacking in it, it can't do it the way some bigger/better units can (referred to as "block transfer mode"), so it would take an extraordinarily long amount of time.

EagleMark
03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I know there's a lot of obsticles but people are working on getting this done. There is already an XDF for TunerPro and 411 PCM and I think an ADX started. It is the cable and flash that is needed. TunerCat already has the cable and it looks like an AVT, so do the ones in link above, so flash technoligy is already there. Just need to implement it to TunerPro. I use WinFlash for my LT1...

RobertISaar
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM
just a little tidbit i've picked up from someone who knows a LOT more about OBD2 than i do, but the tunercat OBD2 "dealer kit" is one hell of a deal... PM me, i'll explain what i can.

but anyways, yes the hardware is out there, it's just the software needed to interface with the hardware to transfer stuff.... that and the hacking of the ECM file to actually make any kind of use of the ability to write your own tune. but that's doable with tunerpro, along with at the very least datalogging.

at that point, TP will do everything except for upload/download.