PDA

View Full Version : Trimalyzer For XP? Older version available somewhere?

Xnke
08-16-2017, 07:44 AM
So I just caught up on the trimalyzer tool, now that I'm ready to actually start using it, and it no longer supports the laptop I use for tuning.

Great...Is there an older release out there somewhere I can run on my XP laptop? 1.3b won't start due to a missing DLL, and probably a good many other things...

If there is a repository of executables out there, what's the newest version that will function?

dzidaV8
08-16-2017, 11:06 AM
I think all the revisions are written using QT, which doesn't support XP. Also, older ones have many bugs, so better stick with the latest.

Xnke
08-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Only the very newest version of QT doesn't support XP, versions 5.6 and older (which this was written with up until very recently) DO support XP. If I could get a copy of the 1.0 or 1.1b releases, those both appear to use QT version 5.6.

Anyone got one of these slightly older versions?

Terminal_Crazy
08-16-2017, 09:29 PM
I have copies of

03b_Source
trimalyzer
trimalyzer-0/3/1a/zip
trimalyzer-0/3a/zip
trimalyzer-0/3b/zip
trimalyzer-0/5a/zip
trimalyzer-0/8b/zip
trimalyzer-1/0b/zip
trimalyzer-1/1b/zip
trimalyzer-1/3b/zip

email terminal_crazy at sand-hill.uk if you want any

Mitch

steveo
08-16-2017, 11:31 PM
get a copy of qt 5.6 open source edition with qt creator, load the trimalyzer current source code into it, compile, done. dont have to be a programmer to compile stuff

Xnke
08-17-2017, 03:46 AM
I was just about to send you a PM to ask if that would be alright-I am familiar with the process of making and compiling on linux, however I use an old (but still good!) Windows XP laptop for tuning-one that I won't cry over if it gets overheated by the sun, broken, or stolen out of the truck.

Xnke
08-17-2017, 04:21 PM
So trying to compile it did not work-I can not get Qt installed properly...balks over some stupid MSVCP dlls. (yes, visual C++ 12 and 14 are both installed...)

I'll try again tonight after work.

steveo
08-18-2017, 12:53 AM
my development machine is down right now otherwise id do it for you

Xnke
08-18-2017, 02:37 AM
No problem...apparently you can *use* QT5.6 on windows XP, but you can't run the dev environment without some serious trickery. I was hoping to cure the lean-sputter a little south of cruise before I have to drive home, but looks like it will wait. (I am so much missing live-tuning with MS...)

kur4o
09-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Here is a trimalyzer compiled with qt 5.6. It will work with older OS such as XP.
Place the exe at eehack install folder and run it through there.
If you don`t have eehack, download the missing dll files and put them in the same folder.