PDA

View Full Version : Limp mode

dhworkin
05-17-2017, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, I have everything working, but I'm missing part of the process. I load the bin to the ostrich 2.0 then click emulate and start engine, l click scalars, change mask from OD to AA then scroll down to engine constants, double click injector flow rate and make adjustments then click save. After I turn engine off and start it back up, it is in limp mode. Where am I going wrong?

mmigacz
05-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Is your SES flashing? You might have to reload the Bin into the emulator. I have already had it where I made changes and forgot to save before shutting the engine off. When I restart, the SES light flashes rapidly and the engine runs in limp mode. After reloading the Bin into the emulator, it goes back to normal.

dhworkin
05-18-2017, 04:16 PM
mmigacz, yes I have had the rapid flash of the ses light once, but I reloaded like you said. I'm able to make changes to bin and upload them to the ostrich 2, then plug it into the ribbon cable, hit emulate, wait a minute then start the engine and changes are there and working. not sure if that is the procedure, but it works. Problem for me is in real-time emulating. When I make changes while running and save them, everything seems to be operating well but, when shut the the engine down, I'm back in limp mode at restart. I was using the Harris memcal and switched to the stock memcal to see if there is a difference. I'll get a driver and try again today, but I,m sure it's just my error because it's hard to find operating procedures, which is making it more challenging than it really is. I'm enjoying the learning curve and the help that I'm receiving.

mmigacz
05-18-2017, 10:49 PM
11776During emulation, and after a change, I will chick the icon shown below with a 1 pointing to it. When I am done, I hit the icon with the 2 pointing to it. Then shut the engine off. Another thing I found was when data logging and emulating at the same time, my laptop locks up. I ended up using two laptops, one for emulating and one for datalogging.

De-stroker
05-19-2017, 06:29 AM
Already I know you have a wire from the truck being shorted to another big power on the bottom of it. So one of your wires is being bad grounded.
My .02

De-stroker
05-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Don't send big power back to your computer always ground everything out unless you like hot tots

dhworkin
05-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Thanks mmigacz, that helped a lot. I just needed to load the bin to emulator after making changes. De-stroker, you are right about the ground connections. After I had a bad ground at the fuel pump, I disconnected and cleaned all of them.