PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler iac with 7427 pcm

myburb
05-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Has anyone controlled a chrysler iac with gm computer. They both have a+b high and low.

RobertISaar
05-15-2017, 12:00 AM
i don't suppose you can measure the impedance of one? if it's reasonably close to or higher than a GM unit, there really isn't a reason it couldn't be controlled. it's almost certainly capable of running at the 80Hz rate that a lot of the OBD1 ECMs control them at. I think the only time they're run above that is at 160Hz for the initial key-on positioning.

myburb
05-15-2017, 12:32 AM
I don't have one to measure but with your info and my thought that it should work I have ordered the throttle body that uses one. At worst I will have try and adapt a gm style.

RobertISaar
05-15-2017, 12:57 AM
have a year/engine/model that it's intended for? I may be able to look up the specs.

Six_Shooter
05-15-2017, 01:19 AM
It'll work, but the pinout is typically different between GM and Chrysler IACs, even though they appear to be physically identical.

If for some reason it doesn't work, a GM IAC should drop in place of the Chrysler IAC.

myburb
05-15-2017, 05:06 AM
The iac is what comes on a holley terminator throttle body. The manual indicates a chrysler iac and it does have a pinout diagram. Also good to know that a gm iac probably will fit in its place if I can't make it work.

JeepsAndGuns
05-21-2017, 03:21 PM
I have run a IAC from a jeep 4.0 with a 16197427. I just sat there and swapped the pins around until I found a combo that worked.

Six_Shooter
05-21-2017, 05:13 PM
The iac is what comes on a holley terminator throttle body. The manual indicates a chrysler iac and it does have a pinout diagram. Also good to know that a gm iac probably will fit in its place if I can't make it work.

Yes, Holley uses Chryco IACs, so you definitely need to change the pinout. I ran into this with a friend's 496 Pontiac that we installed MS3Pro and custom fuel injection setup on that used a Holley throttle body.