PDA

View Full Version : lots of p59 1mb pcm questions

cjcalhoun85
03-25-2017, 08:05 PM
the first question I have is the I have a p59 pcm with os 12592618. I have hp tuners and viewing the tables it has them for the iac. has anyone taken a pcm that does not have the iac driver installed and install the component's on the board? If I socket my flash chip and and use hp tuners to make changes then read the chip would that make creating a xdf for it easier? also where is the pcm serial number stored? is it on the flash chip and how would I find it? could I read the bin from 1 computer and flash it to another computer as long as they are the same os and have a identical computer down to serial number and vin? also is there not a way to convert a .hpt file back to bin? that would make life easier then flash with hp tuners pull chip and read and view with hex to find calibrations for making a xdf.

Montecarlodrag
03-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Lots of questions. It would be easier to answer if you give some formatting to your text.

1- I tried that but the IAC driver isn't easy to find, so I didn't pursue this matter and started using earlier P59 with the driver installed from factory. You still need to flash a OS for IAC operation, a DBW one will not work.

2- If you need to read the BIN directly from PCM, yes. If you have another software/cable to read the PCM and save as .bin it's better. PSOP chips are

3- location depends on the PCM and flash chip, some have it in the flash some have it in another chip.

4- Yes, you can flash any P59 BIN to another P59 regardless of OS and VIN, doing this will clone the other PCM.

5- Not directly. The only way is flashing the changes and reading as BIN with other tools.

cjcalhoun85
03-27-2017, 09:02 PM
sorry about that maybe I can do a little better this time.
1-I have looked and have seen some zip 15 drivers that look identical but I am unsure of the specs needed. I wish I could find the data sheet or specs for the factory driver. There might be a easy to obtain driver if knew what to look for. I was looking and several of the computers i have licensed the os on them were available with cable.
2-The only tuning software I currently own is hptuners.
3-The only pcm's i am currently working on or have access to are 2003-2007 p59 1mb with the am29f800bb-70se. I have serval of these and have 3 vehicles with them in it.
4-So it is possible to read the bin file and have a base file then flash with hptuners and read bin after flash and compare in hex editor. would that help with creating a xdf? I would like to create some xdf's but i am unsure on where to start or how to begin.

Montecarlodrag
03-28-2017, 02:27 AM
Yes, you will literally be reverse engineering a reverse engineered software to make a map for the binary.
What do you want to accomplish doing this?
There are dozens of different P59 operating systems, even using a finished product like HPT will take months of work to make usable XDF's for an old platform. There are cheap ways to tune those vehicles without the hassle.

cjcalhoun85
03-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Well mainly just trying to get around the 100 bucks per pcm for tuning. What other tuning software is out there for free for these computers? I am probably just thinking to hard and trying to reinvent the wheel lol.

cjcalhoun85
03-28-2017, 03:10 AM
With the iac driver thing I was just trying to maybe spend 15 or 20 bucks to get cable throttle working with what I have instead of tracking down a different computer and spending 50 bucks for another computer. Also I know of a lot of people that has passed on those computers and harness because they wanted DBC and not dbw. Also I'm just using this to try and learn as much as I can.