PDA

View Full Version : 94-95 $EE xdf (EEXTRA)

jthompson122183
02-23-2017, 04:40 AM
!!!DISCLAIMER!!!
I make no guarantee as to the accuracy of this definition or any definition created by or modified by me. Use at your own risk! If you break your vehicle, fail emissions testing, or etc…, the fault is yours and no one else's.

This xdf started life as Steveo's EEX that can be found here http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

Read the "==!!Read!!==" section using category view for the big thank you for information.

09/14/17 LT1(older diss files from gearhead-efi repo).zip
added diss file that helped me with this xdf.(I have not edited these in anyway, the way you see them is the way i got them)

10/26/17 obd2 on left obd1 on right.jpg
the pic im posting are of my personal obd2 xdf and a 96 corvette auto cal and a 96 roadmaster cal this is the left side of the pic.
The right side of the pic is the obd1 EE xdf and a 95 corvette auto bin and a 95 road master bin.

Lots is the same between the 94-95, 96-97 calibrations.

DO NOT ASK FOR THE OBD2 XDF I WILL NOT GIVE A COPY!!!

11/17/2017 added pic of the same code between $0D and $EE
seems $0D and $EE share alot of the same auto trans routines.

12/26/2017 V0.002 released also added updated ida diss zip

steveo
02-23-2017, 09:31 AM
awesome work!

steveo
02-23-2017, 07:52 PM
linked from my site to draw possible EEX users over: http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

If you want even more parameters, a friend over at gearhead-efi.com has created a fork of EEX called “EEXtra”, with tons of extra stuff in it (most of it probably useless to the average tuner).

Dirtybob
02-24-2017, 12:42 AM
been looking at this XDF with my noob eyes and (in addition to the ton of new parameters) I noticed a difference at address 0x12046 (unknown spark adder vs. EST sytem time lag, 2 digit usec vs 1 digit integer display). Dunno if it means anything but it may be helpful to know, I have it set to 0 in my bin so I don't have to try to account for added spark when working with the main advance tables...

jthompson122183
02-24-2017, 02:52 AM
been looking at this XDF with my noob eyes and (in addition to the ton of new parameters) I noticed a difference at address 0x12046 (unknown spark adder vs. EST sytem time lag, 2 digit usec vs 1 digit integer display). Dunno if it means anything but it may be helpful to know, I have it set to 0 in my bin so I don't have to try to account for added spark when working with the main advance tables...

Here's what I have on file.

Hi Jonathon,

This is the EST system time lag and is meant to correct for the latency in the spark system. It is a fixed value in usec:

lag (usec.) = N x 0.08477

Of course since the time lag is a fix time value the correction in terms of degrees will depend on RPM.

Best regards,

TC

jthompson122183
02-24-2017, 02:55 AM
linked from my site to draw possible EEX users over: http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

Thank You Sir hopefully we can find out more stuff in the future that can help you out with eehack also.

steveo
02-24-2017, 03:36 AM
Thank You Sir hopefully we can find out more stuff in the future that can help you out with eehack also.

for sure! if you do find anything that the average tuner can't do without, please do let me know.. i haven't updated the xdf in a while

Dirtybob
02-24-2017, 04:28 AM
Here's what I have on file. Hi Jonathon, This is the EST system time lag and is meant to correct for the latency in the spark system. It is a fixed value in usec: lag (usec.) = N x 0.08477 Of course since the time lag is a fix time value the correction in terms of degrees will depend on RPM. Best regards, TC thanks for the info

troutdog311
03-31-2017, 12:27 AM
Thanks excited to check this out later!

kevm14
09-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Has this exposed any kind of kickdown delay constant? In B-body applications, the 4L60E is significantly more responsive to a kickdown in the 9C1/Impala SS applications, than the Roadmaster or Fleetwood applications. And I have a Roadmaster where the kickdown delay is maddening. I just got this 96 Roadmaster so my head is spinning as I figure out what my best tuning options are (very limited if I stay with the 96 PCM, I know).

EDIT: I loaded the VDF and searched. This is what I see. Not sure what to think. Is there no delay code?

Aroberson77
09-14-2017, 11:49 PM
I will definitely check this out, thanks for the continued work on $EE

Boise
09-30-2017, 06:32 PM
NOT bad considering weight and altitude.

I will be glad to see some logs at that baro.
If you go lower altitudes make some logs to see if your tune is off the chart and how good is PCM at correction.

You can find the patch in the xdf posted in this thread
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?6260-94-95-EE-xdf-(EEXTRA)

It has "cell 16 duplicate" in the name.

Here in Idaho, it's pretty much all UP from where I'm at at 2700'MSL.
The car used to live in Albany NY running mainly at ~20-400'MSL. Once we moved to BOI, the MIL would come on regularly. That's when I found using a regular Craftsman OBD1 scanner that BLMs were correcting too far lean outside the allowable norm apparently.
Having already some small experience with LSx OBD2 logging and tuning (HPT), and thanks to folks who call this board home I learned how to crack into ye old $EE. I then reacharacterized what I found to be way-wrong MAF tables, which were the source of major closed loop fueling correction to the lean side. I'll bet it was always there, correction within allowable limits, but just got exacerbated by moving to a high-altitude state moving the corrections over that line. Running E10 in NY likely masked it too, but we are now able to get E0 here in all grades, so using that exclusively also drives CL and BLMs to attempt a true 14.7:1, not a fake 14.7:1 stoich' that is actually 14.1:1 or so.
I'll know more when I get my WB hooked up as to the honesty of the CL method of reporting fueling, and actual resulting PE mixture from my tables. Good clean fun, this stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the patch, I'll look forward to learning more about that!

jthompson122183
10-01-2017, 04:17 AM
Here in Idaho, it's pretty much all UP from where I'm at at 2700'MSL.
The car used to live in Albany NY running mainly at ~20-400'MSL. Once we moved to BOI, the MIL would come on regularly. That's when I found using a regular Craftsman OBD1 scanner that BLMs were correcting too far lean outside the allowable norm apparently.
Having already some small experience with LSx OBD2 logging and tuning (HPT), and thanks to folks who call this board home I learned how to crack into ye old $EE. I then reacharacterized what I found to be way-wrong MAF tables, which were the source of major closed loop fueling correction to the lean side. I'll bet it was always there, correction within allowable limits, but just got exacerbated by moving to a high-altitude state moving the corrections over that line. Running E10 in NY likely masked it too, but we are now able to get E0 here in all grades, so using that exclusively also drives CL and BLMs to attempt a true 14.7:1, not a fake 14.7:1 stoich' that is actually 14.1:1 or so.
I'll know more when I get my WB hooked up as to the honesty of the CL method of reporting fueling, and actual resulting PE mixture from my tables. Good clean fun, this stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the patch, I'll look forward to learning more about that!

maybe you were trying to reply to this thread?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?4956-new-EE-tuning-thing!/page63

jthompson122183
11-30-2017, 03:37 AM
T-minus less than thirty days till V0.002:rockon:

jthompson122183
11-30-2017, 03:39 AM
Has this exposed any kind of kickdown delay constant? In B-body applications, the 4L60E is significantly more responsive to a kickdown in the 9C1/Impala SS applications, than the Roadmaster or Fleetwood applications. And I have a Roadmaster where the kickdown delay is maddening. I just got this 96 Roadmaster so my head is spinning as I figure out what my best tuning options are (very limited if I stay with the 96 PCM, I know).

EDIT: I loaded the VDF and searched. This is what I see. Not sure what to think. Is there no delay code?

I have labeled way more in this coming up release, you might just find the answer your looking for.

dzidaV8
11-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Here's my updated EEXTRA, maybe you'll find something new in it :) I have added some parameters for evaporator temperature sensor and A/C low charge.

jthompson122183
12-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Here's my updated EEXTRA, maybe you'll find something new in it :) I have added some parameters for evaporator temperature sensor and A/C low charge.

Thank you for the contribution to the xdf. Ill have it added in with credit for source of information.

jthompson122183
12-03-2017, 09:13 PM
@Kur4o

Do you have any updated ida diss files?

kur4o
12-03-2017, 11:30 PM
These are the most recent I have.
I am still trying to list all the different operating systems used on 96-97 bins.
I got some bins from the forum, but still far from complete list.

jthompson122183
12-04-2017, 02:01 AM
I am still trying to list all the different operating systems used on 96-97 bins.

here is a list of 96-97 cal ids supported by tunercat vdf.

jthompson122183
12-04-2017, 02:13 AM

add another to your list

jthompson122183
12-20-2017, 09:26 PM
@Kur4o

You must be popular, your inbox is full.

kur4o
12-20-2017, 10:28 PM
You can try now. I always forget to clear some space.

jthompson122183
12-27-2017, 04:02 AM
OP updated with V0.002

a bunch of auto trans related stuff has been labeled. It's massive!! Over 1mb!!

kevinodb1
01-04-2018, 02:58 AM
Hi there,

Good to see some works being done on 96 vehicles.

I have a 94 Vette Manual using EEHACK and a 1996 Grandsport Manual using LT1Edit(Hmmm), Having been tuning them both for some time now and have raced both.

I have tried looking at definitions 002 and the latest vsn 3.2 but Tunerpro sais I dont have a late enough version even though I have downloaded the latest one? works ok with 001.

I also have a question on the 12df2 End Of Injection Target Table. I am assuming when it says TDC it is meaning on the firing stroke not the induction stroke?

6 degrees would seem to be a bad value to still be injecting, for a sequential system, because the intake valve is already closed, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

It would seem at high duty cycles that the 94 or 96 LT's sequential injection is more or less constant anyway...

As a comparison a Lucas Mechanical Injection System on a Triumph TR6 or 2500 PI times the Injector to start 20-45 degrees ATDC on the induction stroke, a Cosworth DFV is 30 Degrees ATDC and a Cosworth BDG is 80 ATDC Degrees. These systems have a very fast total injection time that only spans 52 degrees crank(Triumph 6 cylinders) So all the fuel is well on its way in plenty of time before the intake valve closes.

I am curious to know if anyone has tried different values in the table which at low pulse widths would at least affect the idle!?

Cheers and happy 2018!

Kevin
Wellington
New Zealand

jthompson122183
01-04-2018, 04:41 AM
I have tried looking at definitions 002 and the latest vsn 3.2 but Tunerpro sais I dont have a late enough version even though I have downloaded the latest one? works ok with 001.

latest tunerpro version is 5.00.9130.00 ive uploaded a new version of eextra to the OP see if that works.

jthompson122183
01-04-2018, 04:42 AM
ive added v0.003 to the OP, fixed some e-side locations per dzidav8 information from another thread.

jthompson122183
01-04-2018, 04:46 AM
the End of injection table if from the TC definition

i dont have specifics related to this pcm, maybe @Kur4o will post what he has learned.

here is some info ive found about injector timing

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?18549-Please-Help-Define-Injector-Timing

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?12605-When-does-an-injector-quot-turn-on-quot&highlight=injection

kevinodb1
01-04-2018, 04:54 AM
the End of injection table if from the TC definition

Yes thats the same values as a 1994 Y car manual in Tunerpro, but Tunerpro has a "DEG SPK BTDC" label which may not be correct if its for INJ...

Ive got the new version of Tunerpro working now by reinstalling and rebooting TNX.

Cheers
Kevin

Kevin

jthompson122183
01-04-2018, 04:57 AM
Yes thats the same values as a 1994 Y car manual in Tunerpro, but Tunerpro has a "DEG SPK BTDC" label which may not be correct if its for INJ...

Ive got the new version of Tunerpro working now by reinstalling and rebooting TNX.

Cheers
Kevin

Kevin

that was labeling mistake, its taking care of now.

i dont know what TC is referring to "Location" is. From reading those links i would say its some kind of offset before the injector is fired?

kevinodb1
01-04-2018, 05:06 AM
That PDF looks very good, ill have a read through, heres a timing diagram I did when we tuned his TR6 with a radical cam, he had it a fair way out.

I have a TR6 engine for my Spitfire and that has the same timing error, not from the factory but that someone has put in at a later date.

What is the "OP" where things reside? Sorry if its a basic question...!

Cheers
Kevin

jthompson122183
01-04-2018, 05:18 AM
What is the "OP" where things reside? Sorry if its a basic question...!

OP is short for "Original Post" this is were i will add new versions so i don't have to remember which post number had the attachment. Its all good.

kevinodb1
01-04-2018, 05:31 AM
It appears, from the label, to be the position of latest closing of the injector, under ideal conditions.

If its set 6 degrees BTDC(Firing) that backs up fuel until the next rotation because the intake valve is already closed.

If its set to 6 degrees BTDC(Induction) thats then been blowing most of the fuel out of the exhaust on overlap, what some call "the valve rock"

To get a 320 degree duration(ADV) cam running properly in a TR6(Only 2500cc) we had to get it right, it would hardly run before that.

So where I am going with this is that if we want to run more than a Hotcam, say an 847 in an LT engine then it may be possible to fix all the issues like cam surge etc by just correcting the Injection timing!

Triumph did not get it correct initially, they had worked it out by 1972, Cosworth of course did know how to do it!

The question is what does the "6" in the table actually mean.........if EEHACK could be made to dynamically change that whilst running that could be very interesting for testing.

The idea being that instead of running the injectors at a duty cycle of 85% or so at WOT, we can drop that down to say 30-40% and time the injection better for a bit more power but more importantly fix up the low end driveability of a more radical cam and overly large injectors for idle.

To give an indication by changing the Injection timing on the TR6 we got a higher idle vacuum at the same revs with the 320 degree cam than with the standard 280 degree one, when its not revving it drives and sounds mostly like a STD car!

Its an realm of possible improvement I have not seen talked about before that I would like to test if someone can sort it out.

However only my 96 is running at present and LT1edit cannot do such things, I wasnt fortunate enough to get Tunercats before it was operationally onsold to JET.

Hence my comments that I was pleased to see some work being done on 96,97's.

Will that lead to a OBD2 XXHACK version?

Cheers
Kevin

kevinodb1
01-04-2018, 05:47 AM
Ok have tested 003 from "OP" and all is good.

Cheers

kur4o
01-05-2018, 02:23 AM
You can use the following conversion formula for end of injection table.

720-(x*5.625)
The result will be degrees after top dead center.
I still need an osciloscope to confirm my theory. It is partially confirmed due to vilefly awsome scope graphs.

I actually make a patch to control this value realtime through modified eehack program.
I was just about to test how changing this value affect idle quality and one of the injectors died.

kevinobd1 do you have some 96-97 lt1edit bin files to look at. Maybe they are not encrypted and can be edited manually

kevinodb1
01-05-2018, 03:00 AM
Hi Kur4o thanks for that.

So are you saying the End Of injection when its set to "6" STD is 33 Degrees ATDC from 0/720, because there is also TDC at 360 Degrees, the start of the intake stroke! We need to be talking about the same place!?

Based on the article(PDF) above posted by Jthompson it would appear there could also be a table attached to that value that is load/rpm based, that would be VERY useful to find.....

At idle the IPW is 1.4m/s and 18m/s is about 702 degrees at 6500 RPM, so that would be about 54.5 degrees of injection period at idle..

So the best place to end the injection would be about 460 degrees after TDC 0......which is approximately the maximum intake valve open point...see my chart above..

Something to try anyway!

Ok cool. is the EEhack patch available for my 94.

I have LT1 edit file for the 94 and 96..

I have the conversion program that converts 94 files to BINS, it does also convert 96 ones, but I dont know if thats the correct transfer algorithm for a 96.....I can see data in Tunerpro if I open the 96 BIN but its all over the place....as expected.

Shall I post a STD 94 BIN converted from LT1Edit and a 96 one the same?

Cheers
Kevin

kur4o
01-05-2018, 03:18 AM
I don`t want to spam in this thread. If you don`t mind we can move the conversation here.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?5029-The-ultimate-LT1-EE-patch-thread/page4

kevinodb1
01-05-2018, 03:27 AM
Ok will do, ill post the 94 and 96 bins there..
Kevin

fbody_Brian
02-10-2018, 11:34 PM
I'm really interested in being able to tune eoit and would love to understand how to make adjustments to it. I'm trying to clean up some of the raw fuel smell at idle because of my cams overlap. Any more information on this would be awesome.
I played with it a small bit, but without really understanding what it does I don't want to change much.

I bumped the 6 up 1 at a time to see what would happen. When I set it to 9 the car wouldn't stay running and the wideband was pegged at 9:1.
I put it back to stock, but I would like to improve my idle tuning and exhaust fumes, and I am hoping that this might be the ticket.

steveo
02-11-2018, 07:44 AM
sometimes you just need to raise your idle speed, you know...

things get nasty in the manifold with lots of overlap, adjacent cylinders steal pooled/unburned fuel from each other, and if you don't get a complete intake charge to a cylinder due to overlap effecting manifold flow linearity in a range, you start getting random lean hits on those cylinders, which results in horrible combustion and barfing that unused fuel out the exhaust.

a little more airflow will increase linearity and at a certain point, things get better and you can tune it out for a clean burn again.

if you make injection happen later, you might sacrifice some atomization, but you might get more fuel in your intake charge when the valve is completely open and you have the highest vacuum in that intake port, so it's definitely something to play with

dzidaV8
03-15-2018, 08:46 PM
These are the most recent I have.

Hi kur4o, can you export those databases to .i64 format? My IDA doesn't like the .idb files :( Thanks!

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I managed to open those :)

kur4o
03-16-2018, 01:47 AM
I guess you are trying the 64 bit version of IDA. it uses the i64 files. The 32 bit uses idb.

On 96-97 bins eside main loop is almost identical wih 94-95 bins. Some stuff and extra tables are added though.
Tside is 2 bins in one file, first 32kb is same and the second 64kb is switched between two 32kb segments.
So you got part1-32kb+part2.1-32kb
and part1-32kb+part2.2-32kb.
I did not dig enough to find how the switching is handled, but part2.1 and 2.2 use shared resources as ram, tables and addressing from the first 32kb.

There are some different calibrations. Routines are not much different but the relative addressing is mismatch, so you have to match the tables` addresses between different OS.

If you have a 96-97 PCM on hand you can try datalog through ALDL line. It has some built in messages, or you can patch one with the data structure from 94-95 PCM.

dzidaV8
03-22-2018, 03:06 PM
OK, I made some progress on this 96 dissassembly.
Reflash is done by OBD2 VPW protocol, ALDL line is mainly used for communication with Vette CCM, there are datalog messages, but very limited. Most of the data is accessed thorough OBD2 PIDs.
There's VPW 4X mode support, so the reflash should be quite fast. I'm beginning to think this will be a neat PCM to work with and great upgrade to $EE :) There are a LOT of PIDs to datalog and to choose from, so speedlog will be easy to do.

Lockdun1
09-07-2018, 07:06 AM
I’m super happy to see you obd 1 swapped your a4 I’m trying to do the same to my vette now. I’m waiting on the resistor for the pcm and the cable so I can give this a shot. How did you deal with the transmission electronics issue?

jthompson122183
10-01-2018, 03:58 AM
I’m super happy to see you obd 1 swapped your a4 I’m trying to do the same to my vette now. I’m waiting on the resistor for the pcm and the cable so I can give this a shot. How did you deal with the transmission electronics issue?

I responded to your pm

jthompson122183
10-01-2018, 04:00 AM

I bought a sonnax reman valve body kit for 250$
I had people online tell me that pcm for less may change something in the tune but nobody has pony up a copy of there tune so i could see what was changed. i have a feeling they are either maxing out(100%) the 3 -> 2 Solenoid Duty Cycle vs. Baro vs. MPH table or copying the 3->2 operating system code from 96/97

lionelhutz
10-01-2018, 11:56 PM

I'm running a 96 transmission with a 95 $EE PCM. It's worked fine with no special changes being made.

Rocko350
10-02-2018, 12:31 AM
I'm running a 96 transmission with a 95 $EE PCM. It's worked fine with no special changes being made.

Same here. In the event I run a 94 trans in a 95 I put the 94 trans settings in. People want to feel the converter clutch engage. It usually works better when the 94 settings for lockup are used for all b body years. The v4p towing package tune works very well as a starting point.

Chris

Rocko350
10-02-2018, 12:38 AM
It appears, from the label, to be the position of latest closing of the injector, under ideal conditions.

If its set 6 degrees BTDC(Firing) that backs up fuel until the next rotation because the intake valve is already closed.

If its set to 6 degrees BTDC(Induction) thats then been blowing most of the fuel out of the exhaust on overlap, what some call "the valve rock"

To get a 320 degree duration(ADV) cam running properly in a TR6(Only 2500cc) we had to get it right, it would hardly run before that.

So where I am going with this is that if we want to run more than a Hotcam, say an 847 in an LT engine then it may be possible to fix all the issues like cam surge etc by just correcting the Injection timing!

Triumph did not get it correct initially, they had worked it out by 1972, Cosworth of course did know how to do it!

The question is what does the "6" in the table actually mean.........if EEHACK could be made to dynamically change that whilst running that could be very interesting for testing.

The idea being that instead of running the injectors at a duty cycle of 85% or so at WOT, we can drop that down to say 30-40% and time the injection better for a bit more power but more importantly fix up the low end driveability of a more radical cam and overly large injectors for idle.

To give an indication by changing the Injection timing on the TR6 we got a higher idle vacuum at the same revs with the 320 degree cam than with the standard 280 degree one, when its not revving it drives and sounds mostly like a STD car!

Its an realm of possible improvement I have not seen talked about before that I would like to test if someone can sort it out.

However only my 96 is running at present and LT1edit cannot do such things, I wasnt fortunate enough to get Tunercats before it was operationally onsold to JET.

Hence my comments that I was pleased to see some work being done on 96,97's.

Will that lead to a OBD2 XXHACK version?

Cheers
Kevin

…….responded wrong I didnt read far enough back

Rocko350
10-02-2018, 01:23 AM
the numbers in that table refer to reference time periods in crank degrees. Whole numbers are equivalent to 90*. Make small changes and go check your fuel smell at idle. You will need to redo all your VE and MAF tables. A 409 stroker lt1 here running torque head has its EOIT settings at 6.1 I had to start over with the tune afterwards. Car was running hot and getting out of hand with the fuel being sprayed down the header vs being captured in the chamber. I was able to reduce VE down to 35 in the lower idle area. Using the afr and idle speed command I could push rpm down real low, like 400 rpm low so I could verify combustion stability. Header temps dropped almost 400*F verified with a FLIR camera. It made me a believer. I tried the same settings from an LT4 vette in a car I tuned with a hot cam and set its table to 6.0 from top to bottom due to overlap and it cleaned it right up too. I will be redoing its VE and MAF tables this week. It is real crisp on the throttle now too. I use bosch 3 injectors on both of those cars. One the white 36/lb and the grey 28 lbs on the hotcam car. I do is raise the LT1 fuel pressure up to 58 psi when using the bosch3's too drivability is excellent and it helps with vaporization lost to "retarding" the injection event until the exhaust valve is closed.

Accurate injector data is absolutely critical. I cannot stress that enough. Find a copy of the GM asa vette file and use those numbers for the bosch 3 injectors on an LT1. They will get you 80% there with the low pulse, minimum pulse and voltage offsets. This clears up the split trims others have issues with. I usually set the individual tables to 1.00 and check with thermal camera, but have been using the cylinder to cylinder test in eehack to dial this in for idle.

Beware of injectors that have a wide spray pattern. They are not easy to dialed correctly with offset data due to the amount of fuel sprayed on the port wall.

Ive left out a ton im sure. I got a cold and probably rambled on sorry about that.

Chris

kur4o
10-02-2018, 02:10 AM
Accurate injector data is absolutely critical.

You can check this thread for utmost precision.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?7462-LS-Injector-Data-for-LT1

About table conversion.
The max value is capped at $6f in code. According to my calculations, $6f is at 90 degrees after TDC and $00 is at 720 degrees after TDC. stock b,y settings are at 270* ATDC and f-body at 180*ATDC. So what are the settings that worked best for you so far?

You can get the latest beta eehack version here
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?4956-new-EE-tuning-thing!&p=71481&viewfull=1#post71481

It has realtime time control of end of injection time and some other addons.

And some great chart for reference.

ridiqls
11-16-2018, 04:42 AM
Hey, I found this forum thru Steve's website. I thought I'd try to learn tuning a little bit starting with simple things like constants and switches. I was able to turn off Vats, skip shift, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to do the following with the Extra .003 file and TunerPro RT:
- I'd like the EGR solenoid to go to duty cycle 100% any time the car is between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. Always commanded on during these RPMs regardless of acceleration or deceleration.

If its possible, I'd like to add another constraint so that the EGR duty cycle goes to 100% after 10mph and turns off at 30mph.

So the requirements would be... EGR Duty Cycle 100% for RPMs range between 1000-2000 AND only at 10-30mph.

Is this possible?

Currently seeing my datalog, my EGR solenoid only turns on my PCM when the car is ACCELERATING. I believe it uses Map, TPS, RPM to figure this out but the car will not turn on EGR at steady speeds.

I found the section for EGR in the xdf file here:

For 260A it says "Enable EGR if RPM is >= THIS (EGRDC=0) ... I'm not entirely sure I understand but the value is set at 1000RPM. 260B is set for 2000 RPM.

So does that mean the EGR will come on always between 1000-2000 RPM or are these the parameters in which EGR would operate if it turned on?

What does EGRDC=0 mean? I couldn't find this.

2614 says EGR max dc% value? And it's set at 93. Does this mean that the EGR duty cycle can only go up to 93%?

Any help appreciated thanks..

ridiqls
11-17-2018, 08:17 AM
Hey, I found this forum thru Steve's website. I thought I'd try to learn tuning a little bit starting with simple things like constants and switches. I was able to turn off Vats, skip shift, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to do the following with the Extra .003 file and TunerPro RT:
- I'd like the EGR solenoid to go to duty cycle 100% any time the car is between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. Always commanded on during these RPMs regardless of acceleration or deceleration.

If its possible, I'd like to add another constraint so that the EGR duty cycle goes to 100% after 10mph and turns off at 30mph.

So the requirements would be... EGR Duty Cycle 100% for RPMs range between 1000-2000 AND only at 10-30mph.

Is this possible?

Currently seeing my datalog, my EGR solenoid only turns on my PCM when the car is ACCELERATING. I believe it uses Map, TPS, RPM to figure this out but the car will not turn on EGR at steady speeds.

I found the section for EGR in the xdf file here:

For 260A it says "Enable EGR if RPM is >= THIS (EGRDC=0) ... I'm not entirely sure I understand but the value is set at 1000RPM. 260B is set for 2000 RPM.

So does that mean the EGR will come on always between 1000-2000 RPM or are these the parameters in which EGR would operate if it turned on?

What does EGRDC=0 mean? I couldn't find this.

2614 says EGR max dc% value? And it's set at 93. Does this mean that the EGR duty cycle can only go up to 93%?

Any help appreciated thanks..
Anyone?

boxsport
03-28-2020, 01:22 AM
!!!DISCLAIMER!!!
I make no guarantee as to the accuracy of this definition or any definition created by or modified by me. Use at your own risk! If you break your vehicle, fail emissions testing, or etc…, the fault is yours and no one else's.

This xdf started life as Steveo's EEX that can be found here http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

Read the "==!!Read!!==" section using category view for the big thank you for information.

09/14/17 LT1(older diss files from gearhead-efi repo).zip
added diss file that helped me with this xdf.(I have not edited these in anyway, the way you see them is the way i got them)

10/26/17 obd2 on left obd1 on right.jpg
the pic im posting are of my personal obd2 xdf and a 96 corvette auto cal and a 96 roadmaster cal this is the left side of the pic.
The right side of the pic is the obd1 EE xdf and a 95 corvette auto bin and a 95 road master bin.

Lots is the same between the 94-95, 96-97 calibrations.

DO NOT ASK FOR THE OBD2 XDF I WILL NOT GIVE A COPY!!!

11/17/2017 added pic of the same code between $0D and $EE
seems $0D and $EE share alot of the same auto trans routines.

12/26/2017 V0.002 released also added updated ida diss zip

Nice work and thanks for sharing...
I´m very new at this, but i hope to get some help from you guys...

Cheers

robertgun16
03-06-2024, 05:33 AM
can anyone help me with tuning my 94 z28. i installed a paxton novi gss supercharger and the guy i paid to tune it is playing games, saying its mechanical and its not the tune. i had a tuning shop look at the tune and they said that its bad and needs a retune, i dont have enough for a shop to tune the car and the guy doesn't want to tune it right. i went over everything and nothings wrong with the engine and car. stock injector's and tune works fine. but his tune 60lb injector's and the supercharger it pops and bangs at idle. any help would be grate