PDA

View Full Version : TunerPro comprehensive XDF for 0411 PCM - with Checksums

LRT
11-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Firstly, I take no credit for any of this. Dimented24x7 was the highly talented individual who made all of this possible. He wrote a flash utility (read & write) for the 12200411 PCM, and also developed multiple TunerPro XDF files for 2001 model year Operating System 12202088.

Several years ago when a "free" flash utility appeared to be on the horizon, I began work on merging and streamlining the multiple XDF files created by Dimented24x7, into a single comprehensive XDF file.

When the free flash utility failed to emerge, I abandoned this XDF project.

After reading numerous posts over the past few months, I realized that there were people still trying to make all of this work.

So, I recently finished what I had started several years ago.

Please read the attached PDF document BEFORE using the XDF files. You must make certain that the attached DLL file (plug-in) has been saved to the correct folder on your computer, before the initial opening of the XDF file.

Safeguards (maximum & minimum limits) have been placed on all of the parameters, to reduce the risk of a flash that could damage (brick) the PCM. All parameters include narrative comments to assist the user with better understanding what the parameter does, and what units (e.g. miles / PSI / seconds) the parameter uses and references.

These XDF files are for use with the 2001 and 2002 PCM (512Kb), with Service Number 12200411. The Operating System (OS) in the PCM must be either 12202088 or 12208322.

Vehicles that used OS12202088 in the 2001 model year:

- Camaro & Firebird (5.7L V8)
- Corvette (often upgraded to OS12593358)
- Holden (many models - some were upgraded to OS12225074)
- S10 Pickup & Blazer (4.3L V6)
- Astro & Safari minivan (4.3L V6)
- Full-size truck, SUV, and van (including 8.1L engines)

OS12208322 was an upgrade of OS12202088, mainly for light duty trucks. Vehicles that used OS12208322 in the 2001 model year:

- S10 Pickup & Blazer (4.3L V6)
- Astro & Safari minivan (4.3L V6)
- Full-size truck, SUV, and van (including 8.1L engines)

As you can see from the above lists, you could run just about any early LS type engine (using a 3x, 4x, or 24x Crankshaft Position Sensor), and the accompanying transmission, using either of these two Operating Systems.

The ZIP file attached contains two XDF files, one DLL file, and one PDF document. Please read the PDF document before attempting to use the other files with TunerPro.

*** discovered intermittent display issues when attempting to use these larger XDFs with older versions of TunerPro - sometimes a table will open, but will be blank ***

*** update to TunerPro Build 5.00.8944.00 (released December 2016) ***

Change Log:

2016-11-26 - Version 1 posted

2016-11-27 - Version 2 posted
- Transmission Range Switch / Gear Indicator Type added
- VIN (possible alternate location) added

2016-11-29 - Version 3 posted
- fixed how the VIN is display, and set limits on user input changes (i.e. only numbers 0 to 9, and letters A to Z are allowed)

2016-12-22 - Version 4 posted
- added End of Injection Target (EOIT) constant and table (for fuel injectors)
- added Coil Dwell Time table (for ignition coils)

2017-01-03 - Version 5 posted
- added Calibration Segment Information table (the calibration number of each segment)
- added Checksum Information table (the calculated Checksum value of each segment)
- changed the Transmission Gear Ratios to be displayed in a single table (rather than as 5 separate parameters)
- added Transmission Slip Test diagnostic parameters (4 new parameters)
- added Transmission Over Temperature diagnostic parameters (2 new parameters)

LRT
11-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Also, all parameters in the XDFs have been referenced to EFILive's cataloguing system (e.g.B4001 - Fuel Injector Flow Rate). When I started this project HP Tuner's had not adopted such a system, but they now have. In future, I would probably referenced these to the HP Tuner's parameter numbers, as it is likely the more popular software.

TunerPro has a search feature to find available parameters in the XDF. Go to the "Tools" menu, select "Parameter Finder", then enter the EFILive parameter reference (B4001 for example) in the "Word(s)" window.

This may make initially navigating the XDFs a little easier.

Trying to insert an image ...

babywag
11-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Nice work!
Can you add this to .xdf?

JeepsAndGuns
11-27-2016, 05:34 PM
I just wish the free flash utility had not disappeared. It is ridiculous how much it costs to tune ones of these 15 year old pcm's.
There was at least two different people I heard about making one, and neither one has come out. I can not help to think the big tuning companies caught wind of them and bought them out, as they would have a lot to lose if they did.

LRT
11-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Nice work!
Can you add this to .xdf?

Done.

babywag
11-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Done.
Thx, It's a handy setting for swaps with old school auto trans./manual trans.
You might also enable VIN change?
Here in CA it is mandatory that the VIN matches for smog testing.
There are probably other states that have a similar requirement.

It can be changed via hex editing though, and doesn't break anything.
Seems that portion of code is not included in checksum.

I can't speak specifically for the individuals who worked on a free flash.
I think in Dimented's situation he accomplished his goals and life got in the way of continuing?
He was very helpful when I emailed him during my $OD MAF install.
Pretty sure $ didn't really have anything to do with his LSFlash project?

LRT
11-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Fixed.

I didn't recall that I had initially locked down the VIN (preventing it being changed). That's what happens when you try to complete something that you started years prior.

The VIN should normally be at the primary location. Sometimes it may be at the alternate location.

Just make certain not to make any changes, if the original displayed parameter is not in proper VIN form. Do NOT change the leading cell designated as "NULL".

Changing the non-VIN area would likely result in a bricked PCM.

brian617
11-29-2016, 12:31 AM
What is the required equipment for data logging and flashing this PCM using this .xdf?

LRT
11-29-2016, 01:08 AM
XDF files are for use with TunerPro software. TunerPro is basically freeware - a small donation is all it costs. To log data using TunerPro requires a corresponding ADX file.

TunerPro will not flash (read / write) an LS1 style PCM. It is editing software. People will use various means to flash the PCM.

XDF files for the LS1 PCM (0411) have been around for a number of years, thanks mainly to Dimented24x7.

The original XDF files for this PCM were actually a series of smaller XDF files (you would load an XDF file to adjust the Fuel System parameters, then you would have to load a different XDF file to adjust the Transmission parameters).

I created one large, all encompassing XDF file, then did my best to make it look a little more like a commercial tuning software. I also incorporated all segment Checksum calculations.

brian617
11-29-2016, 01:28 AM
I'm familiar with Tuner Pro, what I'm asking is after editing in TP, what are people using to flash/read with? Are there adx files for the 0411 and TP?

LRT
11-29-2016, 02:14 AM
Below is a link to TunerPro ADX files for the LS1 PCM, and the original XDF file series.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?2386-TunerPro-XDF-for-0411-LS1-PCM-Project!&p=29972&viewfull=1#post29972

LRT
11-30-2016, 04:13 AM
Version 3 posted.

Fixed how the VIN is displayed.

Chas
12-08-2016, 12:08 AM
LRT, thanks for sharing the XDF you've streamlined. Looks great! Question: I've saved a copy of the "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.dll" in the *\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder, but it's not loading into TunerPro's "About Plug-ins" window after restart? Is there an additional step I need to take to integrate this plug-in to update the OS checksum? And if you (anyone?) don't mind: how can I verify the checksums are good after my changes? I saved my *bin, then opened it with EFILive, and EFILive shows a green check mark for each segment? And I'm curious - there seem to be lots of very advanced calibrations available for editing, but (to me) some other simpler calibrations aren't available? Do you (or anyone else) know why? Are some calibrations much harder to find than others? For examples: coil dwell settings (like 12650 in HPT) and end of injection timing (like 3120 in HPT)?

brian617
12-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Anyone have a 5.7 4l80e Express van .bin for this 0411 XDF?

babywag
12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
LRT, thanks for sharing the XDF you've streamlined. Looks great! Question: I've saved a copy of the "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.dll" in the *\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder, but it's not loading into TunerPro's "About Plug-ins" window after restart? Is there an additional step I need to take to integrate this plug-in to update the OS checksum? And if you (anyone?) don't mind: how can I verify the checksums are good after my changes? I saved my *bin, then opened it with EFILive, and EFILive shows a green check mark for each segment? And I'm curious - there seem to be lots of very advanced calibrations available for editing, but (to me) some other simpler calibrations aren't available? Do you (or anyone else) know why? Are some calibrations much harder to find than others? For examples: coil dwell settings (like 12650 in HPT) and end of injection timing (like 3120 in HPT)?

If EFILive shows the checksum(s) are okay then it's working. If the checksum(s) were bad EFILive would notify you after loading the .bin and ask if you wanted to correct them.

LRT
12-08-2016, 04:33 AM
Anyone have a 5.7 4l80e Express van .bin for this 0411 XDF?

Try this one ...

LRT
12-08-2016, 04:34 AM

The parameters that I included in the XDF were primarily from the multitude of parameters that Dimented24x7 originally defined.

I attempted to select parameters that would likely be used the most frequently, or were most likely to help with typical tuning issues.

The parameters that you mentioned - coil dwell and injection timing - are not ones that a DIY tuner has the knowledge to alter appropriately, and as such, would likely be rarely used.

brian617
12-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Try this one ...Thank you!

mecanicman
12-08-2016, 07:44 PM
I just wish the free flash utility had not disappeared. It is ridiculous how much it costs to tune ones of these 15 year old pcm's. There was at least two different people I heard about making one, and neither one has come out. I can not help to think the big tuning companies caught wind of them and bought them out, as they would have a lot to lose if they did.Dimented24x7 did release free flash software for both black box and 0411 pcms that work. I have working copies of both, requires avt cable. It was antus's tool that never made it past the read stage but even it is a powerful tool when used in combination with other software.

brian617
12-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Dimented24x7 did release free flash software for both black box and 0411 pcms that work. I have working copies of both, requires avt cable. It was antus's tool that never made it past the read stage but even it is a powerful tool when used in combination with other software.Which AVT cable? Care to share the software or link to software?

mecanicman
12-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Which AVT cable? Care to share the software or link to software?Both can be found in the pages of this thread. AVT-852 http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/696609-houston-we-have-reflash.html

brian617
12-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Both can be found in the pages of this thread. AVT-852 http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/696609-houston-we-have-reflash.htmlTHANKS!

Chas
12-20-2016, 07:58 PM
If EFILive shows the checksum(s) are okay then it's working. If the checksum(s) were bad EFILive would notify you after loading the .bin and ask if you wanted to correct them. Thanks @babywag! I'll give my tunes checksum check in EFILive to be sure the checksums are good.

Chas
12-20-2016, 08:22 PM
The parameters that I included in the XDF were primarily from the multitude of parameters that Dimented24x7 originally defined. I attempted to select parameters that would likely be used the most frequently, or were most likely to help with typical tuning issues. The parameters that you mentioned - coil dwell and injection timing - are not ones that a DIY tuner has the knowledge to alter appropriately, and as such, would likely be rarely used. LRT, don't discredit yourself either - I see a few new parameters that were not defined in Dimented24x7's XDF. And I certainly appreciate your organization; looks much easier to navigate and edit. For the coil dwell settings, you're right, it's not something often edited, but it's easily used if the coils are swapped. For example - I'm starting off with a 2001 Firebird calibration, but I'm swapping in the D585 truck coils. This swap alone is nearly worthless unless I could also bump up the dwell settings these coils are capable of. I hope to figure out where these are located. :thumbsup: For the injection timing, my cam has more valve overlap. I'm curious to see if the injection timing could help save my cats?? :laugh:

Chas
12-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Curious - are any of you using Firefox? I'm using v50.1.0, and I can't get my posts to keep the \newline commands. All my replies are being bunched together as one long post, ugh. \n Also I didn't get any email notification of replies to my post in this thread, but got emails from the other thread. Strange? - I think LRT figured this out: *** had to switch from the WYSISYG editor, to the standard editor *** I'll try this.

LRT
12-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Chas,

Version 4 has been posted.

I added the Coil Dwell Time table.

I also added End of Injection Target (EOIT) constant and table. Good thing Dimented24x7 had already defined this table, as I would never have figured it out on my own.

Scott68B
12-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Wow!Thank you for sharing this! Can't wait to to get it on my laptop.

Chas
12-23-2016, 05:15 AM
Incredible work LRT.
Dimented24x7 and you don't give yourselves enough credit. Frankly, I wouldn't be taking on my project now if it wasn't for Dimented24x7 and you.

Scott68B
12-23-2016, 08:47 PM
This is probably the wrong place to ask this but i'm wondering what table(s) defined in these XDFs one would use to adjust how fast the RPMs drop off in between shifts on a manual car? i'm using a 2001 f-body LS1 OS to drive an LS4 in my MGB. I have a Ford V8 T5 behind it. The RPMs drop off just a little faster than I'd like.Thank you

LRT
12-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Too funny ... a common complaint on a conversion project is the RPM "hanging", or taking too long to return to idle ... you are having the opposite experience.

OK ... couple of assumptions ... that you are using a tune for a manual transmission vehicle, and that you have a clutch switch wired to the PCM (so it knows when you are clutch in / out while changing gears).

If so, then go to the "Idle" folder in the XDF. Take a look at the Rolling Idle and Throttle Follower parameters. You may want to add a small amount of airflow, or slow the decay rate of the removal of Throttle Follower air (extra airflow).

If this does not cause the RPMs to settle more slowly to idle (your goal), then take a look at the Throttle Cracker parameters.

Generally, a small change in airflow may make a significant difference. Proceed slowly, and be prepared for the RPM to "hang" if you go too far.

Scott68B
12-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it!Yes, it is manual transmission tune but I don't have a switch on the clutch. I'm right in the middle of installing factory cruise in the car so maybe i can double purpose the clutch switch I'll be installing. Would I wire that to pin 79 on the blue connector? I wonder if just doing that would make a change?Thanks againScott

LRT
12-24-2016, 03:26 AM
C1 (Blue) pin 79 is the Skip Shift Solenoid Control; which can cause the first to fourth shift with the T56 transmission.

Clutch Switch(es)

These were used by the OEM for Starting, Cruise Control Release, and Clutch Anticipate.

The Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) Switch or Clutch Anticipate Switch is a normally closed circuit (foot off of the clutch pedal). When the clutch is applied (pedal depressed) this circuit opens (i.e. no current flow).

One side of this switch is wired to ground. The other side of this switch is wired to PCM C1 (Blue) pin 32. The PCM outputs voltage on this circuit.

Cruise Control Module (DBC style)

Camaro versions use a Cruise Control Inhibit Signal, between the PCM and the Cruise Control Module. Truck versions do not.

If you use a Camaro module, then Cruise Control could be inhibited by the PCM for various reasons. I would recommend using a Truck Cruise Control Module.

Both of these modules (Camaro or Truck) use a Cruise Control Release Signal (normally closed 12 volt) and a Brake / Stoplamp Signal (normally open 12 volt). You must use both of these, and the module must "see" the simultaneous reverse logic, or it will inhibit Cruise Control.

The DBC style Cruise Control Modules also require a 4K PPM VSS signal. You can splice into the signal from the PCM to the Speedometer (this is what the OEM did), or repurpose the 128K PPM VSS signal from the PCM (normally connected to the ABS brake system), and change the output to 4K PPM with tuning software.

Just an overview ...

Scott68B
12-25-2016, 12:19 AM
Thank you again for your detailed response! I'll look into putting something in place for the CPP switch....maybe a relay off of the cruise clutch switch.

My cruise module is off of a 2000 Cadillac with a Northstar motor. I'm using info from this thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/790188-you-want-gm-cruise-control-your-cable-driven-tb.html

I am using my VSS signal to the module. It really is just a wiring exercise to install mostly....pretty easy so far.

Thanks again for all your help.

Have a good holiday!

james_adams2006
01-03-2017, 03:46 PM
LRT that looks great! I didn't know you could rename and create folders for the parameters like you did (been playing with TunerPro for over 2 years and had no idea). I haven't had a chance to open your XDF so I don't know if you were able to include the Auto Trans tables as well. I had taken what dimented24x7 had completed for the engine parameters and expanded for the auto trans parameters that at least were covered by EFILive. I had shared them over on Thirdgen, but if you would like I can share them here as well. I don't know how much interest there is, but I finally found a freeware CPU32 disassembler that does a fairly decent job and was able to get a workable disassembly of a 1263246 OS used in the later Green/Blue connector PCM's (I'm not positive, but I believe this would probably be the latest and last OS used in these; it's from an '06) and am working on mapping the parameters the same as done for the 12202088. I've so far identified most of the spark advance parameters, except for the flex fuel adders. This PCM could open up the ability for those to use the Flex Fuel sensor and be able to run both with out having to commit to one fuel or the other. It still also has all the capability to run a SB 350 with a distributor, even though there was no actual calibration that supported this. It would require the All the programming is still there and could be easily setup. If anyone is interested in possibly using this PCM, I'll share as I get it created and try to do the XDF in the same layout as LRT. I can also help do an Auto Checksum like what LRT did, if I can be given a little instruction on how to or a source code for the .dll.

LRT
01-03-2017, 09:58 PM
I don't know if you were able to include the Auto Trans tables as well.

Yes, I added the transmission parameters that I believed would be used the most by DIY tuners.

I can also help do an Auto Checksum like what LRT did, if I can be given a little instruction on how to or a source code for the .dll.

Regarding the 512 Kb PCM Checksum Plug-in, see the post linked below.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?5894-2002-OS-12212156-xdf&p=62661&viewfull=1#post62661

This was the basis of the Checksum Plug-in that I included with the XDF attached in post #1 of this thread.

I recall creating a Checksum Plug-in for the 1 Mb PCM as well. This was several years ago, before I originally abandoned all of this. This may be on my old XP Notebook, or I may have been pissed off and deleted it (I deleted a lot of what I had started working on when the "free" flash utility failed to materialize).

LRT
01-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Post #1 has been updated - I posted Version 5 of the XDF.

Please update your TunerPro software, per the comments in post #1.

james_adams2006
01-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Thanks! I came across this post during work and don't have TunerPro installed here so wasn't able to look at the XDF other than the pictures. But it looks a lot neater. Thanks for the link. I've identified the memory ranges and the checksum locations for the 1MB OS so it should really only need to replace the addresses to look at and the new checksum location to update. I have a copy of dimented's flash tool. I will admit, in 2 years, I have not actually tried it as my projects haven't progressed as a thought to require tuning yet, but a lot of users over on Thirdgen said that it worked and was capable of reading and flashing calibration sections without issue on the 512kb and 1mb pcm's. I believe, however, that people were having issues with bricking PCM's if an entire OS reflash was attempted. I'm not sure what the actual issue was, but I believe this is what turned people away and proceeded to say it was all a hack because he hadn't responded in a while or fixed. I know that with the effort put into the disassembly and the programming for the flash tool that his intent was not to brick peoples PCM's. With all things done DIY, it takes time, effort, and dedication, and sometimes priorities shift and other life matters must come before the hobby. But I'm glad there are others still working on this (I know I'm still deciphering the code after 2 years just on the 512kb and only jumped to the 1MB for the opportunities more memory could do for custom code). I hope that someone can pick up on the flashing tool where others left off. I would, but without source code, I'll be honest, I don't know where to start.

james_adams2006
01-04-2017, 12:02 AM
I thank you for doing the Checksum verification additions. I'll admit that when I did the transmission tables I knew that the checksums had to match but didn't put thought into or research at the time how those were to be calculated if changes were made. I assumed each had there own ways. So thanks for fixing that, and now I know to set those up.

Dylan
02-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Where would these latest revisions be stored? Thanks

LRT
02-06-2017, 09:45 PM

Dylan
02-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks very much look forward to it.

Dylan
05-08-2017, 03:43 PM
I have successfully used this XDF thanks for the contribution.

Are the original ones still around out of interest? The link above has no XDF files for this OS

Thanks again

LRT
05-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Dylan
05-09-2017, 02:11 AM
Thanks for that, I downloaded that link and it has the disassembly info in a .asm file, no XDF's

You mentioned you combined and added to some existing XDF's for this OS was wondering if the originals were still around.

LRT
05-09-2017, 03:09 AM

Dylan
05-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Ok thanks for that didn't realise they were for that OS I seen a different title, thanks again.

Definately a lot of work wanted to see where you started to appreciate it even more. I don't have the skills tobdi it myself so thanks for your efforts.

jahjazz
06-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Hi LRT,

Awesome work! Any chance of being able to add Lean Cruise related parms to the xdf? EFI Live defines the enable/disable flag as {B9100}, and the tuning config pieces are {B3634}, {B3635}, {B3636}, {B3637}, {B3638}, {B3639}, {B3646}.

Thanks for all the work.

Jahajazz

Dylan
06-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Lean cruise that'd be real nice, didn't notice it was missing untill now.

Dylan
07-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Would anybody have a 01250001 based BIN file they could share? A stock one would be ideal. That's a MAF less version of OS 12202088 COS1

Any help appreciated

LRT
08-17-2017, 03:45 AM

woody80z28
03-15-2020, 05:00 AM
I'm using TunerPro and LS-Droid and have been tuning a couple different P01 and P59 computers with success.

However, I've enabled Power Enrichment for my 2001 8.1 with 8322 OS, but it will not activate. I see in HPTuners there are two fields that are missing in the 8322 XDF: 2413 Enable Torque % and 2414 Enable Torque % Hysteresis. Is there any way to get these added? I'm guessing these are why PE won't enable, even though I've eliminated the delay and dropped the TPS% enable.

Any help would be amazing. It kills me to see my wideband at 14.8-15.0 at WOT! Thanks

cgw
05-07-2020, 10:12 PM
I'm in the same boat with an 8.1 on 6125, I'm trying to get PE working, as well as kill off some of the torque cut on shifts and on launch

Norm
08-26-2020, 06:36 PM
Hello,
I used this XDF to tweak a 0411 ECU with the 8322 OS. Worked ! thanks.
One thing I cant find is MAP sensor calibration. Linear and offset. (as HP tuners calls them)

davus
07-08-2021, 01:08 PM
Hi There!
Im sorry if this is a silly question, but im struggling to find in this thread where to download the XDF and DLL files?
Dave

B52Bombardier1
07-08-2021, 02:46 PM
The DLL file that you seek is on the Tuner Pro RT web site. The XDF files are spread out here on Gearhead-EFI, the PCMHacking.net site, the LS1Tech site and a github repository.

Which XDF are you seeking?

Rick

davus
07-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Thanks Rick for the reply.
I’ve been searching for the XDF to go with OS 12202088. This thread speaking specifically to that OS in the first post, but I haven’t been able to find the download link.

I’ve also done a bit of searching, without much luck.

Sorry mate, still a bit new to this so orogdbly don’t have the same artillery as you guys.

Dave

1project2many
07-08-2021, 07:46 PM
Hi,

The original links had been removed for an unexplained reason. Here is 12202088.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1335-TunerPro-XDF-for-0411-LS1-PCM-Project

davus
07-09-2021, 06:18 AM
Hi,

The original links had been removed for an unexplained reason. Here is 12202088.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1335-TunerPro-XDF-for-0411-LS1-PCM-Project

Cheers mate! I just had a read of that thread, and i may be missing something. I cant seem to find the 12202088 XDF file. I can see 12202088.7z.zip, however when opening that archive, the only file inside is a .ASM file.

I also had a look in the 2500sXDFs.zip file in that thread, but no reference to the XDF file im looking for that i can easily see.

Are you able to provide any pointers?

Dave

B52Bombardier1
07-10-2021, 01:07 AM
Something is not right with that 2088 XDF. Send me a PM with your regular email account and I will send you the 2088 XDF that I use.

Rick

davus
07-10-2021, 01:24 AM
Something is not right with that 2088 XDF. Send me a PM with your regular email account and I will send you the 2088 XDF that I use.

Rick

thanks Rick.

ive sent you a PM, and although it appears in my “sent items”, I got an error when I attempted to send to to you, so unsure if it actually made it to your inbox.

Let me know if my ok haven’t got it and I’ll send again.

thanks

dave

drptop70ss
09-11-2021, 05:49 AM
Hi, would it be possible to have someone email me a good 088 xdf file? I am struggling with checksum failures and not sure if it is the XDF file I am trying to use.

EDIT figured it out, had the checksum plugin in the wrong location.

Escalado
09-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Firstly, I take no credit for any of this. Dimented24x7 was the highly talented ……….……..—————————
- added Transmission Slip Test diagnostic parameters (4 new parameters)
- added Transmission Over Temperature diagnostic parameters (2 new parameters)

Hey, if I used this XDF without moving the plug-in properly at first, will it ruin the file? I realized my mistake and moved the plug-in into the tunerpro folder, and then continued. When I load my file into PCMHammer it shows all checksums being good, should I also download efi live or something to double check?
I have a 1999 Silverado 4x4 1500 5.3l LM7, with the shitty 4896 PCM, I’m upgrading the OS to the 12212156 OS, doing efan swap, enabling both battery terminals to try and use the GCBM from my 06, and swapped the ac pressure sensor in place of the pressure switch. I’m fairly new to this, but have spent the past several months Obsessively trying to learn/read every drop of info I can find on tuning and changing OS. I don’t want to brick my PCM, as the only other PCM I have is a blue green

EDIT- I should also mention I’ve purchased an OBDX pro GT GM device to flash this bin onto my pcm

antus
09-03-2023, 02:41 AM
pcmhammers checksum tests are enough, if it says its ok, its ok.

Escalado
09-13-2023, 10:06 PM
pcmhammers checksum tests are enough, if it says its ok, its ok.

Thanks pal, I went ahead and flashed in the 12212156 so, it’s running great! Only issue I’m having is a PO171 and PO174 code. This never showed up prior to the OS swap, could it possibly be a different O2 sensor type/pin out? I swapped this OS into a 99 Silverado 4x4 1500

Escalado
10-09-2023, 11:28 PM
In case anyone was curious, the lean code was due to the 1999 fuel injectors being only 19.8lb/hr, but the 12212156 OS being cal’d for 25lb/hr. I swapped in my parts trucks good condition injectors, and Voila! No more code! Now I’m about to start dialing in the tune, I’ve read hundreds of articles about tuning over the past 9 months, I think I’m ready to start! Anyone have any tips/tricks for tuning using tunerpro RT?
ALSO, if anyone has an ADX/ADS file for data logging in tunerpro with the 12212156 they can send me, I’d much appreciate it!