PDA

View Full Version : 454 TBI to MPFI Wiring?

1BadAction
11-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Seems like the "hard" parts have been covered, the ECM modding, the memcal mod, software, etc, but I haven't seen any wiring diagrams!?

I've already swapped to a 7427 PCM, which runs fine with no issues with the factory TBI setup. Am I correct in assuming that each TBI injector goes to one bank of Saturated (14ish ohm) MPFI injectors and that's all the difference there is in injector wiring?

On the IAT, I do have a cast-in spot for it, since my intake doesn't have an EGR I'm re-purposing the EGR wiring as IAT sensor wiring, swap connector at the engine and swap the pins at the computer. Done.

I've had the intake kicking around for over a year, just now getting to it. Found some pretty slick throttle/cruise cable mounts that I think can be modded to work. Took a shot in the dark ordering an accelerator cable by looking at pictures and ended up nailing it first shot, a 84 crossfire corvette throttle cable is the correct length and fits perfectly at both the truck and intake end. Once I get the lower intake in the truck I can mock up all the vacuum lines and decide what boss I want to use for the brake booster. After that I can drop my freshly refurb'd Kehin 45lb'ers in and fire it up :wtg:

http://i.imgur.com/z85lHuu.jpg

1project2many
11-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Yes, connect the TBI wires to each bank of injectors. Are you tapping the intake for pipe thread? I believe it's 3/8" NPT.

1BadAction
11-03-2016, 01:16 AM
Yes, connect the TBI wires to each bank of injectors. Are you tapping the intake for pipe thread? I believe it's 3/8" NPT.
Yea, I'm going to match the existing IAT threads with the port for the booster so I can swap the two if I don't like the IAT readings. I don't think that's going to be the case though, merc is usually pretty accurate about stuff like that.