PDA

View Full Version : Lt1 vs Lt4 knock module

atlantadan
10-18-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm reading about these modules and wondering if there's a need anymore to get an LT4 module over the OEM LT1. Some people say that the tuner can do everything in the tune that the LT4 module does, but others are saying that having the module allows the tuner to refine the data getting to the PCM even tighter than without it. Which side do you fall on?

Fast355
10-18-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm reading about these modules and wondering if there's a need anymore to get an LT4 module over the OEM LT1. Some people say that the tuner can do everything in the tune that the LT4 module does, but others are saying that having the module allows the tuner to refine the data getting to the PCM even tighter than without it. Which side do you fall on?

You cannot adjust the knock filtering on a LT1 PCM just the retard rate, amount and recovery time. The knock module is a filter tuned to eliminate false knock signals.

steveo
10-19-2016, 10:55 PM
Some people say that the tuner can do everything in the tune that the LT4 module does, but others are saying that having the module allows the tuner to refine the data getting to the PCM even tighter than without it. Which side do you fall on?

those people need to stop spreading misinformation. all the ecm recieves from the knock module is a simple "knock has occurred" signal with no other information.

an lt4 module can make things worse or better depending on the new sound profile of your engine....

91ss
10-20-2016, 05:03 AM
Completely agree with you Stevo. I suspect that the 'tuner can tune...' talk got misconstrued and is actually more a matter that a tuner can properly adjust the timing tables to prevent knock.