PDA

View Full Version : 16197427 bplb

wolfsreign
02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
hi,
First, <b>very</b> new to tuning. i have a '94 S10 Blazer 4.3L v6 90* CPI engine in a '87 S10 truck (old 2.8L TBI) ((Both 2WD))
it runs, but not perfectly how i would like it, plus i think im running rich and bad MPG.
i got the engine wiring and ecm with the engine and trans. and i got the cab wiring from a '92/93 s10 blazer.
the ecm white tag reads 16196395 BHRJ
the chip reads BPLB 16219020 -- using BCC lookup it says that "PCM #16197427"
im in desperate need on what to do to use TP5.
i tried the bhrj bin and the $0D TP5 xdf with the A178 ads. then put it to adx and loaded it.
truck started but then it ran really rough, so i loaded the $0E in hopes it would work, it ran better but TP5 said my engine was at 1250+RPM when my cluster said <800RPM

i didn't want to use the A117/A119/A220 because those are all TBI. and the $31 i read is for M/T.
im not sure what trans i have but i am assuming the 4L60/700R4. i do have a small white box that sits on the ecm.

1) im looking for a BPLB bin and/or if i need a new chip/ can load the bin from the chip (and how)?
2) what XDF i need because i have a CPI?
3) and if i can use the A178 definition?

im so sorry for the nub-ness but i need help D:
thank you in advance,
~wolf

also the engine is L35 and 'vin W' (Cali) with 2 knock sensors and no Evap Purge solenoid. and i have Moastes APU1 set on "8192 baud" and "APU1 mode" and the ALDL connected.

PJG1173
02-18-2012, 05:02 PM
hi,
First, <b>very</b> new to tuning. i have a '94 S10 Blazer 4.3L v6 90* CPI engine in a '87 S10 truck (old 2.8L TBI) ((Both 2WD))
it runs, but not perfectly how i would like it, plus i think im running rich and bad MPG.
i got the engine wiring and ecm with the engine and trans. and i got the cab wiring from a '92/93 s10 blazer.
the ecm white tag reads 16196395 BHRJ
the chip reads BPLB 16219020 -- using BCC lookup it says that "PCM #16197427"
im in desperate need on what to do to use TP5.
i tried the bhrj bin and the $0D TP5 xdf with the A178 ads. then put it to adx and loaded it.
truck started but then it ran really rough, so i loaded the $0E in hopes it would work, it ran better but TP5 said my engine was at 1250+RPM when my cluster said <800RPM

i didn't want to use the A117/A119/A220 because those are all TBI. and the $31 i read is for M/T.
im not sure what trans i have but i am assuming the 4L60/700R4. i do have a small white box that sits on the ecm.

1) im looking for a BPLB bin and/or if i need a new chip/ can load the bin from the chip (and how)?
2) what XDF i need because i have a CPI?
3) and if i can use the A178 definition?

im so sorry for the nub-ness but i need help D:
thank you in advance,
~wolf

also the engine is L35 and 'vin W' (Cali) with 2 knock sensors and no Evap Purge solenoid. and i have Moastes APU1 set on "8192 baud" and "APU1 mode" and the ALDL connected.

The best thing to do would be to read chip that came with the motor and go from there. when you swapped motors did you swap fuel pumps? have you tried the A218_0D_Trans1_v250.adx yet? this is the one I use on mine I haven't tried the A217. Stick with $0D since that is what most of the CPI chips use. I would put the factory memcal for that motor in and get TP5 working to get some logs before messing with other bins. you could just have a wire or something crossed.
If you kept the 87 transmission it is a 700r4 and you may need to change a few things in the CPI bin since the only auto that came with them were 4l60E.

EagleMark
02-18-2012, 08:38 PM
BHRJ is 4.3L Manual trans $OD we have one so I looked at it in hex. I looked it up in CalData and it was superceded to BPLB 4.3L manual so it looks like correct updata was done by dealer back then. So to read bin and data log you need $OD...

But it's manual trans, so the trans adx won't help if you have an auto... if your running an auto trans you would be better to start with an auto bin file.

To burn newer chips you would need a G1 adapter or do some cutting and soldering of old chip to new chip. Old chip would need UV light to erase and can be damaged and not reliable.
http://www.moates.net/g1-memory-adapter-tpi-etc-p-32.html?cPath=64

To read your chip in memcal you need a header.
http://www.moates.net/hdr1-memcal-header-p-52.html?cPath=64

wolfsreign
02-18-2012, 10:45 PM
PJG, the 4.3l is a 90* v6 and the 2.8l is a 60*v6 without modification, the 2.8trans will not fit onto the 4.3l. and my car DOES run. ive done all the neccesary swaps so far. the fuel pump is for the 94 4.3l cpi blazer. (52-60psi)

eagle, how do you know/can tell BHRJ is for a M/T? i have auto trans, and you're saying the only one possible to have on is the 4L60E?
ill take a look into the header, since i still dont see a BPLB bin yet. i also have another computer and chip i got from the J/Y BBNX with the computer having 16168625 on the tag. i think i accidentalled my BPLB chip. car starts and runs superr rough.

so i do need a BPLB bin? and i can use the 0D_tpv5_v250.xdf with the A218_0D_Trans1_v250.adx correct?
like i said im new, so, it'd help alot if you could/can tell me the files/attach them? -.- sorry.

EagleMark
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
No need to be sorry, we are here to help, share and learn together.

BHRJ in BCC Find says trans all, we have seen this before with known manual trans cars. Since your PCM sticker bin is superceeded to new bin you found on chip I don't think you inadvertantly switched them. It should be that way. Lots of there C4 PCM will run differant mask id bins, we have seen that too!

CalData says manual trans.

How do I know for sure? I don't. Some of this is still a little confusing with records we have. Only way to really tell is read bin and open in TunerPro and compare to known manual bin or known auto bin. Seems some are listed as trans all. There are several paremeters that will tell you if it is or is not auto. One would be Manual Trans Bitmask checked or unchecked. Reserch has shown most manual trans cars had C3 ECM. We have never found a 5.7L Manual bin in a newer C4 PCM but we have found 4.3 manual and 7.4L manual in C4 in $OD

There are guys here better then I on this type PCM so when you read the bin ask questions! :thumbsup:

To see what mask id is open bin in TunerPro and click on tools, advanced and hex veiwer. This type bin has some spare space up top, all FF. But at line 4000 it will change and the 9th set of digits will say OD.

gregs78cam
02-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Also do you have a G1 adapter, or have you soldered a header/zif into the memcal in place of the chip yet? If you haven't then all you will be able to do is record data. I would suggest doing either of the above items soon so that you can emulate and get this thing going. For 'roughing' in a setup, you can do it 10x faster emulating than you can burning chips.

wolfsreign
02-19-2012, 02:49 AM
alright, well i made my own hdr1 header and went into TP5, closed bin, closed xdf, i couldnt get rid of the adx, but i went and i think i downloaded the bin correctly, i looked at 4009 in the hex and correct it shows "0D". attached is BPLB.bin (7472) its 27C512 chip (i believe)
so if im correct, i can open BPLB.bin and open 0D_tpv5_v250.xdf with the A218_0D_Trans1_v250.adx rightttt? then my truck should run like it did before and i will be able to read the data correctly? not with the data bouncing back and forth.
~wolf

wolfsreign
02-19-2012, 03:07 AM
i ran that configeration and truck started really rough then toned down a bit but still ran very rough, and i got no data info. everything stayed static.
gonna try the other trans files and download them from this site instead of the TP site.
~wolf

wolfsreign
02-19-2012, 03:22 AM
used BPLB bin with 0D and advanced 0D with all 4 ads and adx. still the data never changed. -.- and the truck ran rough and -10psi vacuum the whole time. at idle before TP5 it would ran semi smooth with -19psi vac.
~wolf

lol now my truck wont start with either chip or ecm. -.- (without the apu1) help?

gregs78cam
02-19-2012, 04:03 AM
OK. So you made a header, and read the chip. right?
Then the next step is to put the memcal back in the PCM, hook up your ALDL cable and open TunerPro. Did you get the two tone beep acknowledging AutoProm initialized?

Once TP is open you should have your .adx already loaded. then click on the button with the two blue arrows going both ways. Turn key on but don't start. push the accelerator pedal, does TPS Volts and % change?

You don't have to open a .bin or .xdf unless you are emulating.

EagleMark
02-19-2012, 06:55 AM
All my $OD and $OE bins are 64k yours in 32K?

I looked at your hex and it does not look like the $OD hex?

So I opened an bin from my 16196395 PCM file in $OE still 64k but looks like your bin and line 4000 says OD so maybe I had it in wrong file.

Your ALDL data is not going to work if bin is not working, what is your check engine light doing?

Turn on auto find in TunerPro for AutoProm. AutoProm both switches in and plugged into computer. Open TunerPro it should find it and beep. If not close TP. Plug USB in another port and open TunerPro it should find it and beep. If it never finds it you need to find out why in USB COM port settings.

Here's a 4.3L Auto CPI bin from S truck which should be good for your engine. Also all files needed for TunerPro in $OD
217 is for engine, 218 1 is trans and 218 2 is more trans stuff.

EagleMark
02-19-2012, 07:03 AM
That may be a Manual trans bin I gave you although manual was not checked in bitmasks? Go to this thread for other bin marked 4l60e auto BHRH
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?303-16197427-PCM-Information-OD

wolfsreign
02-19-2012, 07:55 AM
hmmmm so i was doing it all wrong? well i would load my bin, then i would load the "advanced" xdf then i would load trans 1 adx. then i would click the little gray plug to find APU1, double beeps, then i click up arrow, to upload bin to emulator, then i would click the load data, and the bottom would say connected, then i would start car and emulate.. lol. bad idea?
so even though my chip is a BPLB, and i have it all hooked up, i can still use the BHRH bin in TP5?

and gregs, thats what i would try sometimes, and the data doesn't change.

btw eagle, when the car did run, and i loaded the a178.ads the battery would go from 14 to 3 to 14 and cycle, the CEL would either be constant lit or spaz lighting.
~wolf

tomorrow ill try the BHRH bin and such. like i said, i cant even start my car with APU1 unplugged/disconnected.

EagleMark
02-19-2012, 09:16 AM
With CEL light flickering it means there is Prom/ECM error. Complete failure and it may run poorly off limp home chip.

First you don't need adx to emulate or work on bin file. You don't need bin file or xdf to data log. You can do both.

Do what I said before to find AutoProm. Or already have this done = Then Open bin, Select proper XDF, go to mask ID and make sure it is for XDF in your case OD, change it to AA. Upload bin to Emulator, verify bin in emulator, Enable Emulation, turn key on and should come on blink once and stay on. Start car/truck light should go off.

Should also have A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx‎ file loaded to read engine data, other adx trans are for trans data, cable plugged into ALDL port and click connect button. If you want to record data go to Aqauisition Record. Use Item List to see data, or monitors or dashboards. When done Acquisition, Stop and you'll be promoted to save log file, give it a name...

You can emulate with car on and connect for data and check like Greg said, then start car/truck.

gregs78cam
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I was just wanting to clarify whether you had a G1 Adapter or if you put a chip/header/zif in your stock memcal. I just want to make sure you are not trying to 'emulate' through the ALDL port. It doesn't work like that. And you wouldn't be the first to try it.

EagleMark
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I was just wanting to clarify whether you had a G1 Adapter or if you put a chip/header/zif in your stock memcal. I just want to make sure you are not trying to 'emulate' through the ALDL port. It doesn't work like that. And you wouldn't be the first to try it.Seriously? :laugh:

OK lets add... have you read the AutoProm instructions! You said you made your own header to read bin so you have some skills and talent. How are you hooking ribbon cable from AutoProm to Memcal to emulate without a G1 adapter? How are you going to install new chip to memcal without G1 adapter? Here's a hint, but you can screw it up as well:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?178-427-PCM-Memcal-Mod-for-27SF512-Chip

wolfsreign
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
so yea, it worked. and it worked well until it randomly shut off/stalled and now it wont go back on. -.-
i closed the bin, selected new xdf, then opened the A217, i plugged the ALDL in, plugged in the APU1 and opened TP5 it showed it was connect, i used a different usb port this time, then i click the connect (two blue arrows) and put the key to on, and i was surprised to see the TPS volts change. ^.^ so then i loaded the BHRH bin and the advanced.xdf and click upload bin to emulator, then started the car, it started right up, then i clicked "emulate" and started looking at the data, it was pretty freaking sweet, to finally see it work, then as i was noticing my TPSvolts said .7 and the tach was a little bouncy, the car just stalled. i tried restarting it, and it just kept cranking. so i closed TP5 unplugged everything and put the chip back into the computer and it wont start. :((
helppppp lol. im thinking maybe a fuel problem? as i only have like 2bars.?? and im on a downhill.

another problem.. lol i need the car to be working for tomorrow, with or without TP5 running. -.-
~wolf

also the BHRJ bin made the needles dance max to min. so i dont think that works with autos ;)

wolfsreign
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Seriously? :laugh:

OK lets add... have you read the AutoProm instructions! You said you made your own header to read bin so you have some skills and talent. How are you hooking ribbon cable from AutoProm to Memcal to emulate without a G1 adapter? How are you going to install new chip to memcal without G1 adapter? Here's a hint, but you can screw it up as well:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?178-427-PCM-Memcal-Mod-for-27SF512-Chip

im not worrying about burning chips/using different ones, until i can get a stable running TP5. once its stable and i can emulate and perfect things, there's no point to burning a chip. lol. i mean tru, i can burn the BHRH and stick it in, but the BPLB is the only working chip i have.
~wolf

EagleMark
02-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Worst case scenario is run it while emulating. But if your bin while emulating is good then if burned properly to new chip and installed in Memcal it should work! Search Moated Website for offsets! Make sure you erase chip, burn with correct offsets, then verify. When done correctly it works everytime! :thumbsup:

wolfsreign
02-20-2012, 12:06 AM
one thing, it stalls when i run emulated, then it wont start back up.... so dik if the BHRH bin is even good. and also, idk wht chip i have, nor do i know which to even buy...
~wolf

wolfsreign
02-20-2012, 01:15 AM
so now it runs after i added gas o.0 lol. but it still runs super rough, but im assuming its because of the trans, as when im driving, it runs really weird, and it feels like it isnt locking into 2nd.. so ima try loading and emulating the trans1 adx and try to force/upload the lock up. and yes the little white box has the yellow wire connected.
~wolf

EagleMark
02-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Kind of hard to tune out NO GAS! :laugh:

Your focusing in on transmission issues? What transmission is it? Do you have any codes set?

This is a transplant so you could have mechanical issues too. What did you use for fuel pump? Is it correct for engine? What is the fuel pressure?

CPI engine are known for having Poppet valve issues, they are not a true MPFI system. Little white box with yellow wire? Do you mean the DRAC/VSSB? It is differant from TBI manual or 700R4 transmission to 4l60E or from C3 ECM to C4 PCM and many differences for gear ratios.

Just some other things to think about...

wolfsreign
02-20-2012, 04:45 AM
yea, i poured more gas in and it started right up. :mad1: everything on the car and transplant is correct. perfect if not. CPI that i know of have fuel spider problems. and yes the vssb. sorry. i come to find out and accept that i have a 4L60E as i have a big round plug on the side.

anyway, so i was messing around and some how figured out that the Torque was actually always locked. thats why it took 2krpm to move or so. lol, it felt like it was a stall plate and M/T. but then i also found out that the reason most likely that it wasnt allowing shifting was because TP5 wasnt getting the info it needed. as the tach wasnt reading and vehicle speed.
so i come to realize that before i mess with tuning i need to have time for problems, and that inorder to even tune, it has to be able to read and show all the data.

end come to end, i unplugged the APU1 and put the chip back in the computer and it magically started prefectly and ran super smooth. so im fine with that as i work tomorrow, and will attempt when i have more knowledge and time. thank you eagle and gregs for helping. as i have the correct files finally.
~wolf

JeepsAndGuns
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
so then i loaded the BHRH bin and the advanced.xdf and click upload bin to emulator, then started the car, it started right up, then i clicked "emulate" and started looking at the data,

So you uploaded the bin to the emulator, and started the engine before you you clicked emulate?
If so then the pcm is not seeing a eprom and is running off just the limp home chips. You need to upload bin to emulator, click emulate, THEN turn on the key and start engine. Then, if you are also datalogging, then after engine has started click connect. If the check engine light flashes once then stays steady when you turn the key on then you know it worked. If the check engine light flashes really fast/flikers, then you have the no eprom error and you will only run off the limp home chips.
Every time I goofed up and got the flickering no prom check engine light, I have had to unhook the battery for a bit to let the memory clear. Otherwise I keep getting the same error, even after a prom is properly reinstalled.

PJG1173
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
ya know this would have been good info to know earlier. are you saying that when emulating the CEL should be on?

EagleMark
02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
No! he was refering to emulate, then key on, CEL should come on, flash once and stay on... then when car starts go off. Just like if you had a chip in and running properly.