PDA

View Full Version : Hi All. Why so much trouble finding a BIN file for my ride?

BigSexxyGS
09-13-2016, 03:30 AM
I've been looking everywhere and I cannot find a stock BIN file for my 03 Regal GS...

The OS is 12583378

I am a serious newb when it comes to tuning. I downloaded TunerPro the other day and have been playing around a little, but I'm interested in seeing what exactly is inside the the box, so to speak.

What do I need to pull the data off of my PCM myself?

Laptop - check
Tuner Pro RT - check
Cable - don't have one yet....
Other software - ?
EPROM programmer - ? I'm not opposed to buying one to play with.

I'm actually an IT guy, but some of the stuff I'm reading is way outside my normal day's work....

Any help would be great.

sturgillbd
09-14-2016, 04:54 AM
With the vehicle being OBD2, you will probably have to look into HP Tuners or EFILive to be able to read and write to that PCM. TunerPro can edit the bin files if a definition file has been written (XDF) but cannot natively write to the ODB2 PCM's.

89S10_Project
09-14-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm actually an IT guy, but some of the stuff I'm reading is way outside my normal day's work....

Join the club! The exact same here!

BigSexxyGS
09-14-2016, 08:01 PM
With the vehicle being OBD2, you will probably have to look into HP Tuners or EFILive to be able to read and write to that PCM. TunerPro can edit the bin files if a definition file has been written (XDF) but cannot natively write to the ODB2 PCM's.

OK, that is what I'm finding out. Looks like DHP or HPTuners are the only options for my particular vehicle.

BigSexxyGS
09-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Join the club! The exact same here!

Yeah, I sat back in my chair shaking my head more than once over the past week...lol