PDA

View Full Version : 2002 OS 12212156 .xdf

dzidaV8
08-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone! Some time ago i've been asking if there was any progress on 12212156 OS .xdf files. As apparently there have been none, I went ahead and made them myself.

[EDIT]
I have fixed the checksum issue in beta xdf version reported in below posts, and reworked the definitions into a single, complete XDF file. Also added some new parameters.
I have checked most of the parameters against EfiLive, also checksum calculation, so the attached XDF should be finally safe to use. Hovewer, I take no responsibility if something goes wrong and you brick your PCM!

Naming convention matches Efilive for easy cross reference of parameters. It's best to use Parameter Category view for this XDF.

You can select between metric and imperial units by selecting level view in Visibility Toolbar:
Show Only Level 1 - Metric units,
Show Only Level 2 - Imperial units.
In version 1, only vehicle speed is selectable between KPH/MPH with above option.

For this XDF to properly calculate checksums, you must first download attached "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.zip" file, unpack the .dll file and save it in the C:\My Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder.
The OS checksum plugin was written by Antus.

Don't be scared by bricked PCMs reported below - the initial release issues have all been fixed!

Version 2 changes:
- Fixed wrong conversion for some Speedometer parameters.

Version 3 changes:
- Fixed wrong labels in C6001 and C6002,
- Added Idle Learing parameters,
- Added Hardware and Software Knock Sensor parameters,
- Added Oil Pressure parameters,
- Fixed End of Injection Timing calculations,
- Other minor fixes and clean-ups.

Version 4 changes:
New categories, better parameter descriptions, more organized category view,
Added new parameters:
- Cranking VE Baro Multiplier and Calibration Temperature,
- Commanded Fuel For Extended Cranking,
- MAF Airmass Filter,
- Dynamic Airflow parameters,
- VE Correction parameters,
- Priming Pulses parameters,
- PE enable parameters,
- LTFT deadband, update rate, and filters,
- Idle STFT parameters,
- Torque Management parameters,
- Coil Dwell Time parameters,
- Shift Light parameters

Version 5 changes:
- fixed issues with B4610 and B4359 from post #19,
- some minor category and clean-up changes

Version 6 changes:
- update for 2020, added a LOT of parameters!
- Class II messaging parameters added
- A/C control parameters
- Oil level and life parameters
and many more!

Chas
10-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Incredible work! I'm trying to understand how to lookup calibration locations to hopefully contribute to these XDF. Not easy learning for a guy like me with no hardware background.
Saw some more calibration options were added to these collections of 12212156 XDF that seem to be missing in the 12202088 XDF (thanks for the fuel gauge calibration!!). There are a few more I'm hoping to find. (Coil dwell settings? End of injection timing?)
I know you consider this a beta, and you've warned about the transmission calibrations. I'll be trying these XDF for my "LS" project this winter (24x Corvette LT1 with 4L60E). I'll be taking a closer look through these XDF in the next few months.
Wow, dzidaV8 - incredible work!!!

beenba
10-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Be careful with these, I just bricked two 411 pcm's last week with what appears to be checksum errors. I will no longer be using these XDFs.

dzidaV8
10-20-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you bricked your PCMs, I tested only a few parameters on a real PCM, but the checksums appeared to calculate correctly. Please send the original and modified bins along with a change log to e-mail address that I sent you so I could see where the problem is.

To be sure the checksums are correct before you flash, you can open the modified bin in free EFIlive tuner and check.

beenba
11-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Thanks I'll give that a try next time. I was able to lift the chip's and recover the PCMs last week. I'll try and get your the BINs I flashed to them shortly.

babywag
11-19-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you bricked your PCMs, I tested only a few parameters on a real PCM, but the checksums appeared to calculate correctly. Please send the original and modified bins along with a change log to e-mail address that I sent you so I could see where the problem is.To be sure the checksums are correct before you flash, you can open the modified bin in free EFIlive tuner and check.I also tried using these, just a VATS change results in an incorrect checksum.

LRT
11-20-2016, 04:55 AM
I also tried using these, just a VATS change results in an incorrect checksum.

There are 8 segments of code in the PCM, and 8 related Checksums that must be calculated. The 7 calibration segments have straight forward Checksum calculations.

The Operating System (OS) uses a unique Checksum calculation. It sums the entire areas before, and after, the 7 calibration segments (it skips over these), and also excludes the last 16 bit placeholder at the very end. The native Tunerpro Checksum plug-in can't properly calculate the OS Checksum.

There is an LS1 Checksum plug-in available for Tunerpro on the Delcohacking website that will calculate the OS Checksum, but it will only work with 512 Kb PCMs.

Attached below is a link.

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3845

LRT
11-20-2016, 05:00 AM
Can't seem to fix the spacing in the above post ... makes it a bit hard to read.

*** had to switch from the WYSISYG editor, to the standard editor ***

babywag
11-20-2016, 05:05 AM
There are 8 segments of code in the PCM, and 8 related Checksums that must be calculated. The 7 calibration segments have straight forward Checksum calculations. The Operating System (OS) uses a unique Checksum calculation. It sums the entire areas before, and after, the 7 calibration segments (it skips over these), and also excludes the last 16 bit placeholder at the very end. The native Tunerpro Checksum plug-in can't properly calculate the OS Checksum. There is an LS1 Checksum plug-in available for Tunerpro on the Delcohacking website that will calculate the OS Checksum, but it will only work with 512 Kb PCMs, and is accurate for most (but not all) operating systems. Attached below is a link. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3845

Dimented's .xdf did correctly calculate (fix) the bad checksum for system section, even though it isn't correct for 12212156 os.
I don't have the plugin installed. I did not look @ the .xdf difference on how the checksum is calculated.

I played around some more and also got an incorrect checksum when trying to change some transmission items.
Right now as it is the .xdf(s) will likely brick the pcm if it is used.

LRT
11-20-2016, 05:21 AM
Trying to use DIY tuning software is a little dangerous, unless you are an advanced user.

While I applaud the effort put forth by dzidaV8 in working on the XDF for the 12212156 OS, there are errors and omissions in the current draft version. There is no Checksum in the Transmission Calibration XDF. There is a Checksum in the Transmission Options XDF.

So depending on which of these you were using, that would explain one of the checksum issues that you experienced. The OS Checksum is very important to have in place. Sometimes a read or write will change the code ever so slightly, which requires that the checksum to be accurately recalculated.

babywag
11-20-2016, 05:40 AM
Yep...I was just curious, it would be nice to have the ability to modify 12212156 os .bin files using TunerPro though.

EFILive shows incorrect on transmission calibration, and system after saving the .bin

Operating System 12212156 $EFCC
Engine Calibration 9358576 $1460
Engine Diagnostics 9358901 $B943
Transmission Calibration 9358310 $C4B6
Transmission Diagnostics 16264429 $B766
Fuel System 16264619 $6D0C
System 9373540 $8DF5
Speedometer 9362080 $D705

For the OP attached the original .bin, and the modified one.
Here is the unmodified checksum info in EFILive.

Operating System 12212156 $EFCC
Engine Calibration 9358576 $1466
Engine Diagnostics 9358901 $B943
Transmission Calibration 9358310 $C7B6
Transmission Diagnostics 16264429 $B766
Fuel System 16264619 $6D0C
System 9373540 $8EF4
Speedometer 9362080 $D705

And don't get me wrong, not bashing the OP or saying anything negative! Tremendous amount of work goes into .xdf files, and while they aren't 100%. Nicel that someone has put forth the effort!

beenba
11-25-2016, 09:29 PM
At this point, if you have a 2002 pcm, I would say it's easiest to just get your hands on a 2001 bin file, and tune using dimented's xdf's.

LRT
11-26-2016, 06:47 PM
See this thread

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?6086-TunerPro-comprehensive-XDF-for-0411-PCM-with-Checksums

dzidaV8
12-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the input everyone! I'm sorry that my files caused some trouble, I spent quite a lot of time on them in order to reprogram some stuff on my friend's 2002 Camaro, but then he sold the car and I never got to actually testing it. I have only compared checksum calculations for some changes with EFIlive and it seemed correct. I'll look into the LS1 checksum plugin and try to take this work further, as now I have two 0411 PCMs for bench testing, so stay tuned :-)

dzidaV8
05-10-2017, 11:12 PM
I have finally found time to finish OS12212156 xdf work. The XDF is added to the first post.
This time it's rather thoroughly tested so it should be safe to use. Please let me know of any issues you may find.

Chas
08-13-2017, 06:05 AM
dzidaV8, first I want to emphasize - great work! I have a 2002 0411 PCM I thought to play with your XDF. I have a 2000 Silverado that I'm trying to upgrade to the 0411. :)
Your XDF has helped tackle a lot of the minor changes, but there are a few that does not seem to be working correctly:

In the Engine DTC Processing Enablers I tried to change
P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance
P0741 Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) System-Stuck Off
P0752 Shift Solenoid Valve A Stuck On
P0757 Shift Solenoid Valve B Stuck On
P1683 Control Module Ignition Off Timer Performance

And in the Engine DTC MIL Enablers I tried to change
P0741 Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) System-Stuck Off
P0752 Shift Solenoid Valve A Stuck On
P0757 Shift Solenoid Valve B Stuck On
P1683 Control Module Ignition Off Timer Performance

I made the changes in TunerPro (along with multiple other calib data as well as other DTC options). All the other small changes seem to work well (as the change is reflected in EFILive). Checksum changes and looks good. When I changed the above nine different DTC, TunerPro shows a change, but EFILive does not show the same change. Perhaps double check on the location of these data bits?

And another odd thing - I changed the VIN in TunerPro. The *.bin shows the edited VIN in EFILive. I flashed the *.bin to the PCM. Then I re-read the *.bin from the PCM and it did not show the VIN number changed. I used Antus's tool to change the VIN and that was successful.

The truck runs great with the 0411 PCM so far, but not quite perfect yet. No SES light and no drivability issues that I see so far, but I'm having a phantom DTC lighting up the battery in the Message Center despite the voltmeter showing good voltage. (I think) I have tuned off the DTC for the battery, but still getting this message. I'm still investigating this. (Switched back to old PCM and no battery message.)

dzidaV8
08-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Hi, thanks for your kind words :)

I checked the DTC tables, and you're right - there were mistakes in some row labels. I fixed that in version 3 of the xdf that I just attached to the first post of this topic.

You cannot change VIN by just altering the bin. The area containing VIN, serial number, etc. is not written during calibration flash. You need to use "Request to Write Data Block" diagnostic commands to change those parameters (for example using Antus's tool).

dzidaV8
08-24-2017, 11:28 PM
Version 4 of the 12212156 released! (in the first post) Enjoy! :)

Added new parameters:
- Cranking VE Baro Multiplier and Calibration Temperature,
- Commanded Fuel For Extended Cranking,
- MAF Airmass Filter,
- Dynamic Airflow parameters,
- VE Correction parameters,
- Priming Pulses parameters,
- PE enable parameters,
- LTFT deadband, update rate, and filters,
- Idle STFT parameters,
- Torque Management parameters,
- Coil Dwell Time parameters,
- Shift Light parameters

New categories, better parameter descriptions, more organized category view.

I think this XDF is pretty much finished, tested on a dozen of cars and works perfectly!

Chas
08-25-2017, 07:49 PM
dzidaV8, I know I said it before, but I'll say it again: this is really great work. I can see it would take a lot of effort to sort out these inputs. I'm going to try using your XDF for some tuning a few months away. Hope it goes well! :)
A couple things I noticed in the Engine Calibration of your XDF:
1) {B4610} Heater Warmup Intake Temp Threshold = shows significantly different values in TunerPro vs EFILive. Check the data label?
2) {B4359} A/C Torque Loss Spark Correction (Idle) Option = I believe the data label location is correct. Is the logic that interprets the "Set" in your XDF editable? I can toggle between "Set" or not "Set" and EFILive shows a correlating change, but the opposite as in: checked "Set" = "Disable"; while not checked "Set" = "Enable". (Seems to be the opposite of what I'd expect? Or perhaps EFILive is incorrectly interpreting this?)
I plan to keep looking through your XDF more before I start further tuning with it.

For others who are thinking about trying this 2002 12212156 XDF, I wouldn't be afraid to try it out. I've been using it on two different PCM (a 411 swapped in a '00 Silverado and a 2002 Camaro). I've flashed probably about 20 times now, and not a single problem with any corrupt checksum nor any bricked PCM.

dzidaV8
08-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Thank you Chas for your feedback! I have fixed those issues, see xdf V5 in the first post :)

Neukam
08-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Would it be possible to add the A/C System type parameter to this xdf? I would like to change from the pressure switch system used on the trucks (type 3?) to the pressure sensor system like what is used on the F-body (type 2?) and enable 2 speed fan control based on A/C pressure.

dzidaV8
08-06-2020, 02:19 PM
Would it be possible to add the A/C System type parameter to this xdf? I would like to change from the pressure switch system used on the trucks (type 3?) to the pressure sensor system like what is used on the F-body (type 2?) and enable 2 speed fan control based on A/C pressure.

Sure, I added an updated xdf to the first post :) And there's a lot more, beyond the A/C type switch.

Neukam
08-06-2020, 05:43 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot!!!

Neukam
08-07-2020, 04:00 AM
The Min and Max labels under A/C [Disable/Enable] [Min/Max] Refrigerant Pressure appear to be reversed. Everything else looks good. I appreciate all your hard work.

exceedbeyond
12-21-2020, 07:52 AM
Thank you for your time dzidaV8!:thumbsup:

Bigtoyz97
01-27-2021, 02:22 PM
Is there a way to get this xdf file in a bin format? Yeah

30bird
04-30-2021, 09:07 PM
dzidaV8
Man thank you so much for the work you did on those files I was thinking I had to learn Mandarin reading the hex from my OS 9373372 bin
By the way
隒̀碬̀粬̀肬̀ translated The other products are available in the following markets
am going to attempt to OS flash it as soon as I am comfortable with the process.

30bird
04-30-2021, 09:32 PM
Is there a way to get this xdf file in a bin format? Yeah
Don't take this wrong, I am trying to help... Bigtoy97
My understanding is that the .bin file is the raw hexadecimal data containing the operating system and all the settings from an ECM in that one compact file.
The .xdf file is like a key/map of the data in the bin file so you can edit or change things that the computer monitors and controls.
Then you can save the edited bin file and flash it to your ECM.
But of course it is not just super simple, because there are so many easy ways you can do this wrong,
edit some thing wrong, or use the wrong bin, XDF, hardware files,
or the write is interrupted during the flash you can easily "brick" your vehicles computer
(Brick is a computer nerd term meaning your computer would only be useful as a brick)
It seems by your question that you may need to do some more research (or I do) not trying to troll you.
I am probably only a few posts ahead of where you are.
Some one please correct me if I am wrong.

1project2many
05-11-2021, 04:13 AM
30bird, you are correct.

Generally, a .bin file refers to the calibration, the calibration and code file read from the vehicle computer, saved in a binary format.

An xdf file is a definition file that tells the tuning software Tunerpro how to represent the information in the bin file in (somewhat) human readable terms.

Barndawg
11-21-2021, 10:47 PM
I downloaded the OS for 12212156 and the plugin that you have listed and I have saved it to the proper location. I cannot get a bin saved without checksum errors and I don't know what to do. I have no issues using 12208322 with the GM-P01-P59 plugin I just can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Antoniounreverse
08-14-2022, 10:24 PM
Hey barn dog did u ever fiqure this out, i am also trying to run a 2002 4.8 lr4 with a manual, using this os that ends in 56 i have copied the file in the plug in folder looks like a bunch of coding only readable part says something ls on top line, i have tried finishing the tune with ls droid and it just stops a lil after silence bus crap with ? mark. Andt to top it off i cannot find the original read me plug in to see if that the problem or i am also wondering if this xdf is only for v6 since that what it says at the end of it, if this is not correct please direct me to correct xdf.

Pulse_GTO
08-15-2022, 05:28 PM
Hey barn dog did u ever fiqure this out, i am also trying to run a 2002 4.8 lr4 with a manual, using this os that ends in 56 i have copied the file in the plug in folder looks like a bunch of coding only readable part says something ls on top line, i have tried finishing the tune with ls droid and it just stops a lil after silence bus crap with ? mark. Andt to top it off i cannot find the original read me plug in to see if that the problem or i am also wondering if this xdf is only for v6 since that what it says at the end of it, if this is not correct please direct me to correct xdf.

Try the attached version. Make sure to copy the plugin file to the plugins folder.

Barndawg
08-16-2022, 05:56 PM
Yes I did figure this one out. The OS12212156 is used with a 2002 bin file here on this site. The xdf that was written for it was written on a previous version of the tunerpro file. Once I had the correct tunerpro version that the xdf was written with and the correct plugins I was able to save tunes to my computer and then could write them to the vehicle. I will try to post the bin and xdf version I used here. Tunerpro version 5.00.9209.00. Hope this helps. I use GM-P01-P59-checksum from Github as the plugin. Also, I use the green obdlink LX dongle and the LSDroid app.

https://github.com/joukoy/gm-checksum-plugins/raw/master/GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll

tpichevelle
12-17-2022, 10:11 AM
Hi:

Can some please fix the link so we can download the xdf?

Thanks all for the wonderful work. I tried clicking on the 12212156 - 2002 512k.xdf line to download the file. However, the page turns plain gray and never updates. The tab says "clear.gif ....

The .bin download worked.

30bird
12-17-2022, 11:50 AM
Hi:

Can some please fix the link so we can download the xdf?

Thanks all for the wonderful work. I tried clicking on the 12212156 - 2002 512k.xdf line to download the file. However, the page turns plain gray and never updates. The tab says "clear.gif ....

The .bin download worked.
The 12212156 is a pretty common XDF
I am not sure if it will help you but it is available here
https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/LS_Based_Engine_Repository/blob/master/.XDF%20Files/P01_512Kb/12212156%20-%202002%20512k%20V1.xdf
Git hub is counter intuitive so
To download that file or any of the hundreds of XDF's and Bin's and tunes on git hub
Right click the
RAW button
and select Save Link as...
from the menu

I have been learning this stuff for a couple months so I am really green but I remember looking for XDF's and Bin's People just told me to google it (because they were being sarcastic or hazing the new guy or they thought I had not already tried that)

Hope I was able to help

tpichevelle
12-17-2022, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. Now I'm able to download several files without a download button I had to pass over. The V1 file was put there 3 years ago and may be the V1 from this thread effort. The filename is the same as V6. The file from above is from this year and comes after V9 and appears to be a well rung out release. I have the V9 to get started. I'm anxious to adopt the released version to keep my effort as bug-free as possible.

Take care

LS_caddy
08-20-2023, 06:01 PM
I'm so glad i found this xdf. I previously used the 12202088 xdf. This is much nicer.
Is there any way to add A/C pressure based fan control with a cycling type system. From what I can tell only a few 05 trucks have that type of system. Pin 14, used for the pressure switch input is not used for anything else, even on the cycling switch type systems.
I've tried to look at diassambly but never really got the hang of it