PDA

View Full Version : FiTech throttle body w/ GM computer?

babywag
08-16-2016, 12:06 AM
Now that the FiTech systems have hit the market...
Wondering if just a 4bbl throttle body could be used w/ a modified 16197427?

Six_Shooter
08-16-2016, 12:16 AM
Isn't the FiTech ECU built into the throttle body?

babywag
08-16-2016, 12:43 AM
It is, but I have seen used and new unused systems pop up occasionally.
More of a "what if you just had a throttle body", question.
Supposedly they use GM sensors & injectors.
I believe the warranty is lifetime on ECU, but only 1yr or less on other parts of system.
Only a matter of time before more of them become available.
Possibly in not working condition? Maybe a fried handheld tuner, etc.
There was a brand new 600hp FiTech system on CL a couple weeks ago @$700, $995 if you buy it new.

Six_Shooter
08-16-2016, 01:40 AM
To answer whether a Delco ECM can run a 4bbl throttle body, yes it can, as long as the throttle plates are not progressive if the injectors are above the throttle plates, since there's no way to control two sets of injectors independently.

If the injectors inject below the throttle plates than that changes things.

You may also not need to modify the ECM to control the injectors depending on exactly what they are.

I don't know why you wouldn't have the FiTech ECU repaired if there was a problem with it. *shrug*

babywag
08-16-2016, 02:40 AM
To answer whether a Delco ECM can run a 4bbl throttle body, yes it can, as long as the throttle plates are not progressive if the injectors are above the throttle plates, since there's no way to control two sets of injectors independently.

If the injectors inject below the throttle plates than that changes things.

You may also not need to modify the ECM to control the injectors depending on exactly what they are.

I don't know why you wouldn't have the FiTech ECU repaired if there was a problem with it. *shrug*

I believe the injectors are above the throttle plates?
Again just a what if...lots of guys like to play with things, kinda why this forum is around.
I've seen posts about 4bbl throttle bodies in past, but seemed there weren't any real good options, maybe that'll change now?

From a tuning aspect reading online threads and their documentation it appears the fuel & spark tuning is pretty lacking.