PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

'94c1500
08-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi, my name is Zac and I'm a senior in high school. I just recently put my truck back together (94 C1500) and I'm looking for someone who could possibly do the tuning that it requires. I would love to learn how but i am just not great with computers and this is actually the first automotive project I've done. Therefore I don't really know where to start with timing and the like. So I'm looking for someone to do the tuning for these specs. Specs are,
*350 TBI*
*Stock Compression Pistons.
*4L60e AOD transmission.
*3:73 rear end gear with Spartan locker.
*Stock valve train.
*Spectre Throttle Body Spacer.
*K&N filter and filter lid.
*MSD StreetFire spark plug wires.
*Stock Heads.
*Summit K1102 Camshaft and Lifter kit.
*In the near future it will be getting full length headers as well.
That's really all I've changed in that regard, I just finished the work and broke the Cam in. While i had it apart (for a blown head gasket) I installed ALL Fel-Pro gaskets, ARP head bolts, COMP double roller timing chain and cam lock plate, ARP oil pan studs, and Mr. Gasket stainless intake manifold bolts. Now I am looking for a tune that will possibly make it idle/run a little smoother and increase HP/Torque output. I have not driven it since I put it back together. Thank you!

89S10_Project
08-01-2016, 10:32 PM
You're certainly on a good foting for a strong mildly tuned 350. I have to wonder if standard timing settings (maybe a little tweaking) would get you close enough for cheap given that all you have changed has been the cam. Yes, that can be a rather extreme item- how did you settle on that for your build?

It might prove helpful to indicate where you are located (generally - we don't need your street address) so that someone will know if they happen to be close enough to you to do it all in person. I can't imagine tuning a vehicle remotely "over the interweb" is very easy, or even desirable.

I'm right there with you, maybe a notch or two up, with regard EFI knowledge, or I'd be more helpful. Sorry!