PDA

View Full Version : My $59 problems/tuning a turbo camaro

Pages : 1 2 [3]

fasteddi
12-04-2012, 02:32 AM
I am awaiting southbays message about the injector offsets. Winters a coming here, so heres a video.
Probly the last few times i got to drive it this year. And since it has tuning issues I'd rather not drive it till I get them worked out. Enjoy and I hope the sound actually works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMcWn-n7KfY&feature=youtu.be

fasteddi
12-05-2012, 01:13 AM
I talked to southbay today. They said I could ship the injectors out to them and they could give me a specific offset curve it i wanted. They also asked what offsets I had and I told them for the running Vts its .843msec. They said... "wow! Thats way to low". They said I should be up arround 1.250-1.230 with those injectors.

Now the question I have is if I input those values what will take place? I would assume the car would actually go richer? Alot richer? I ask this because If I go out and do this I know I wont stop until its AFR is right again. Im just so damn addicted to that stuff.:laugh:

RobertISaar
12-05-2012, 01:16 AM
increasing the voltage compensation injector offset will cause more fuel to be delivered.... exact effect could be guessed at based on current BPW for a given situation and adding the difference to it.

fasteddi
12-05-2012, 01:18 AM
increasing the voltage compensation injector offset will cause more fuel to be delivered.... exact effect could be guessed at based on current BPW for a given situation and adding the difference to it.

Ok, thank you

EagleMark
12-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Found this on the EFI Live forums.

Ford SVO Green Top 42 lb Fuel Injectors
Ford Part # M-9593-F302
Bosch Part # XL3V-A9A and 280150558

All from Ford Tech Support (800) FORD788, 1-800-367-3788

Q: What fuel pressure are the injectors rated at?
42 lb @ 39.15 psi

Q: What is the Injector Pulse Width Voltage Adjustment?

They called this "Injector Offset"

V - ms
6 - 4.986 ms
8 - 2.098
10 - 1.321
11 - 1.095
12 - .919
13 - .786
14 - .670
15 - .575

Q: What is the Minimum Pulse Width for the new injector? Stock LS1 is 1.27 ms.
1.13 ms

fasteddi
12-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Ok I just burnt off 5 chips. I removed alot of fuel. I mean alot. 11% overall on my F77X table. I got the idle to stay at 13.5 and in gear with the brake on at 14.0. The part throttle down the road and back is the same. About .5 off.

The boosted cells are definily off, but in the wrong direction. There lean about .5 point. There way too close to 12.0 now and were spot on 11.5 before. SO thats all the time I had for the night but it does act MUCH MUCH more stable using the 1.250 msec.

I did notice that my IAT sensor isnt right. I litelry started the car up and within minuets it was 70* with the hood open. I pulled off the intake pipe and measured the air and it was 50* blowing from the turbo. Thats a huge difference so thats another thing I need to look at.

EagleMark
12-05-2012, 03:19 AM
I wonder? What is the fuel your using? 10% ethanol? Gasoline of yester year is stoich 14.7 to 1. 10% ethanol is 14.2 to 1. There's a .5 difference! Narrow band O2 sensor reads stoich of fuel! Change stoich to 14.2 to 1 AFR and it should be correct with your WB, but everthing else will be off by .5 like PE etc...

fasteddi
12-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Im using 93 octane pump. I would think that it is about 10% ethenol. I always assumed that at least for mid/high grade fuel.

I will try that out and see what it does.

34blazer
12-05-2012, 06:25 AM
if youre using the bosch III injectors, use the above chart and round to the nearest voltage if it differs. i can post up my offset table, its worked great so far. still having surging issues?

fasteddi
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
The surging has went away. Now im just at the strange IAT readings that are off. I used the 1.250 ms just bacause southbay said start there and move a tad if needed. But from what they said my injectors are super slow since. There also 32lbs modded to be 48lbs

fasteddi
01-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Heres a year in review video. My deepest thank to you all on here for helping me though my experiences. Only one year ago did I not even understand what a bin file or adx file was. Thanks again fellas for the guidence. :thumbsup: For I know without the tuning support this car would have never made it down the track in 14 seconds let alone 13 seconds.

I am very excieted to start up racing again on April 6th. Winter will fly by fast.

Sorry if you dont like the music.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqVh46P8v8&feature=youtu.be

JeepsAndGuns
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
A day to remember and killswitch engage, whats not to love about that music! :rockon:

fasteddi
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
A day to remember and killswitch engage, whats not to love about that music! :rockon:

Thats what I like to see :thumbsup:

fasteddi
03-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Update. Lil old camaros been doing pretty good. Gets a spectacular 20Mpgs on average after a 130 mile trip yesterday. I will admit im ready to go racing though.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/857114_524380994267957_284620745_o.jpg

mrmarty51
03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Hitune muysic to a "Hitune" Camaro is A-O-K in My books.
:rockon:
Thank You for sharing.I hope I can pickup on this .bin.dat and whatever else it is called files half as quickly as You did.:mad1::laugh:

Playtoy_18
03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Glad you bumped this thread,finishing a 3.1 turbo myself and subscribing so I can find it if/when I need it.
Looks like a nice ride,post an update after you have some fun with it.

fasteddi
03-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Glad you bumped this thread,finishing a 3.1 turbo myself and subscribing so I can find it if/when I need it.
Looks like a nice ride,post an update after you have some fun with it.

Will do.

What car is the 3.1L in?

Playtoy_18
03-14-2013, 06:33 AM
First let me admit I read like the first page or so and then skipped to back for a quick welcome when I posted.
Realizing how many pages it was afterwards i've since read more than a few pages and man this thing sounds like a blast :)

My application is an 88 fiero GT and i'll be using a modified TGP engine.
Currently engine is on the stand getting valvetrain geometry set up.
I should really start a thread for it,getting close to decision time on what's gonna run it.
Any reason you didn't use $8f? Which i'm pretty sure is factory for the tgp 3.1 turbo.

Six_Shooter
03-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Because $59 > $8F

Go to the code59 website and you'll see the improvements that the team made to $58 (Stock Sy/Ty/Turbo Sunbird code), including 3 BAR use (requires a 3 BAR MAP), WBO2 fueling control, expanded VE and SA tables, native WBO2 calculations, and functionality, ability to turn different VE tables on and off, use only one VE table, or two or three, among other improvements.

$59 can also be used with a manual trans, without the need for a patch or fudging numbers. $8F was only used with automatic and has no OEM provisions for use with a manual trans.

The only thing that takes a bit of fudging or manipulating of numbers is to run DIS with $59. There are a few threads on it on the code59 site. I am also running $59 with DIS on my Nissan 2.8L.

RobertISaar
03-14-2013, 08:02 AM
$59 can also be used with a manual trans, without the need for a patch or fudging numbers. $8F was only used with automatic and has no OEM provisions for use with a manual trans.

huh? i did a recent hack through 8F and there is most definitely support for a manual transmission. 8F is actually a slightly modified version of 6D, which had plenty of manual applications as well.

Six_Shooter
03-14-2013, 09:18 AM
huh? i did a recent hack through 8F and there is most definitely support for a manual transmission. 8F is actually a slightly modified version of 6D, which had plenty of manual applications as well.

ALL, I mean ALL, information has supported that there is no manual transmission support natively in $8F. There have been manual trans patches added to it over the years.

fasteddi
03-14-2013, 01:16 PM
First let me admit I read like the first page or so and then skipped to back for a quick welcome when I posted.
Realizing how many pages it was afterwards i've since read more than a few pages and man this thing sounds like a blast :)

My application is an 88 fiero GT and i'll be using a modified TGP engine.
Currently engine is on the stand getting valvetrain geometry set up.
I should really start a thread for it,getting close to decision time on what's gonna run it.
Any reason you didn't use $8f? Which i'm pretty sure is factory for the tgp 3.1 turbo.

I just choose $59 for my car at the time becuase it was supported quite well on tunersites compared to 8F. Yea 8F was on the tgp but $59 was on the turbo 4.3.

I did try using 8F with a 2 bar map sensor. I worked just as well but since Ive dedicated so much time and flustration on $59, I decided to keep using that. And to be honest im still somewhat new at tuning still. $59 is pretty user friendly and simple for the most part.

Its really up to you on which mask you want to use.

RobertISaar
03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
ALL, I mean ALL, information has supported that there is no manual transmission support natively in $8F. There have been manual trans patches added to it over the years.

well, i have proof that what has been stated is wrong then. this is my disassembly of a stock AZRC BIN, manual related stuff:

864E, bit 7: select between manual and auto shift logic, done at E9D4
8D98, manual option byte(checked for 0/non-0 at B711 to see if the 8D37 byte is needed when not moving)
8D99, throttle follower offset when manual selected if vehicle is moving, done at B494

the shift light tables, while they're in the calibration, they aren't used... that's about the only manual logic that's missing from what i can see compared to other known similar masks that have it.

granted, this wasn't really done to understand the algorithm, just to get the calibration stuff identified. there is some unknown stuff, but there is also some apparently previously undiscovered items as well, including a pair of fan turn on/off tables based on time at specific MAP ranges. it's interesting to note that the factory code is partially broken as well, since it tries to utilize the extended SRAM chip that the 7727s didn't get. in this instance, changing the ECM to a 16149396 with no other changes MAY change how the car runs.

fasteddi
04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Heading up to the race track on saturday as long as the weather holds off. Excited cant describe how i feel. Ill be sure to post a video of the run(s) if someone wants to check it out.

mrmarty51
04-02-2013, 03:52 PM
geterdone,I`m interested.

fasteddi
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Well it wasent as fast as I was hoping for. I didnt even get to try out the antilag 2 step as the track was just awful.

I ran 9psi of boost on the day and soft launched the car so that I didnt spin like crazy. Even though i still felt it spin off the line too much.

I cant be too upset though as my boost is about 6-8psi lower then last year when I was making 13.30-40's passes. I have a ton less timing, and it was rich @ 11.2 or so. But I guess I just dont want it to go boom again.

Heres a vid. 13.60 in the vid. Ran a best of 13.50 flat. Only made 2 passes. solid 2.0's 60 ft times even with the spinning off the line:mad1: Positive thing is that the turbo was making full boost by 4k rpms in 1st gear. So its not too laggy considering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yOM9O_gMw

EagleMark
04-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Let some air out of those slicks!

fasteddi
04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
There et street's so they are crazzy wobbly now at the top end. Last year I ran way more psi. But when the track temp is 50* and they dont put down that vht or whatever its called stuff, its like racing on the road.:laugh: I had 12 psi in the tires the last pass and my car weighs 3150lbs race weight.

mrmarty51
04-08-2013, 06:58 AM
The seasons only just begun,there`ll be time for corrections and getting it dialed in.
Thats probably faster-n- I ever launched,I think.

fasteddi
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Yea I had the same launching issues last year in the spring when it was 40*'s out but then I only had a open rear end....:yikes: so you can imagin it was alot worse then.

Im sure when I can launch and dial in the afr's better ill be able to get a little faster. Im just trying to stay sub 10psi of boost and get into the 12's but im not sure if thats possible on this lil 3.1L:mad1: But im going to sure try!!! My heads are just too crappy no matter how good i port and tweak them.

RobertISaar
04-08-2013, 11:58 PM
that's just how gen1 heads are.... not sure if you're very active on the 60degreev6 forums or not, but some FULLY prepped gen 1 heads(with upwards of $1000 worth of porting put into them) flowed worse than stock small port gen3 heads. you can go even more nuts with stock parts with the large port gen 3 or the 3500 heads(if you're using a 3.4/3400/3500 block, 3.1/3100 and smaller have bore overlap issues).... then if you port those, you can really see stupid numbers for such a small V6.

anything gen 3 equipped also responds really well to cam upgrades.

Playtoy_18
04-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Which is why I went with gen3's when someone gave them to me :)
Hard decision, especially after spending so much time porting the gen2's.
Didn't even port the gen3's, just coated them and put them on.

34blazer
04-09-2013, 12:40 AM
that's just how gen1 heads are.... not sure if you're very active on the 60degreev6 forums or not, but some FULLY prepped gen 1 heads(with upwards of $1000 worth of porting put into them) flowed worse than stock small port gen3 heads. you can go even more nuts with stock parts with the large port gen 3 or the 3500 heads(if you're using a 3.4/3400/3500 block, 3.1/3100 and smaller have bore overlap issues).... then if you port those, you can really see stupid numbers for such a small V6.

anything gen 3 equipped also responds really well to cam upgrades.

HA, dont say that in front of some fiero guys, they might take it for fightin' words!!! LMAO

RobertISaar
04-09-2013, 12:54 AM
they do take them as fighting words.... they'll do anything to keep their red Fiero intakes.

fasteddi
04-09-2013, 02:08 AM
they do take them as fighting words.... they'll do anything to keep their red Fiero intakes.

:laugh: why are they always red?? lol

I have a complete 3.4L engine out of a 02 impala but wasent planing on ever starting that build till I could to afford to do it right. I know those heads look like they flow better just from the site of them.

34blazer
04-09-2013, 02:25 AM
:laugh: why are they always red?? lol

I have a complete 3.4L engine out of a 02 impala but wasent planing on ever starting that build till I could to afford to do it right. I know those heads look like they flow better just from the site of them.

i have a 3400 with fresh heads as well but i think once I blow up the ARI 3.4 im going turbo 4.8

Playtoy_18
04-09-2013, 03:19 AM
HA, dont say that in front of some fiero guys, they might take it for fightin' words!!! LMAO

Lol,I couldn't decide whether to post the above comment or simply ask that we please don't debate all the heads here as well.

Mine was a complex decision to use the gen3's,and alot of thought went into the decision.
That engine will be temporary,when the shortblock was completed I was given a complete 3500 with a blown head gasket.
A buddy I race and do some work with builds stock eliminator motors for nhra competition. He talked me into building something crazy using all the cool stuff at our disposal.
Got so much going on I can't seem to finish the tgp hybrid to even get started on the 3500.
But i'm close now,just need to build headers,order pushrods and find/alter an upper manifold.

fasteddi
04-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Heres the car just stitting in my garage. Deciding on weather I should just fix it to run or use its top end of the motor(needs the intake gasket replaced). Ive got dreams of building a hybrid one of these days with my spare 3.1L block. But as of now I dont know crap about making it possible...

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564034_574320552589010_507437510_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/305963_574320562589009_2132921873_n.jpg

Six_Shooter
04-10-2013, 03:47 AM
What kind of condition is the rest of the car in?

fasteddi
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
What kind of condition is the rest of the car in?

Its in really good condition. Has about 160K miles on it. Thats why I may not tear into it. I might just fix it and have a 2nd DD car for back up. I had 500 bucks into that 2001 buick that I piled 60k miles onto after I bought it so thats what I have in this car since it was a straight trade.

Six_Shooter
04-11-2013, 12:58 AM
If the only thing really wrong with it is the head gasket fix it. gen3 top ends are cheap and easy to get.

If you lived closer I'd give you a bunch of gen3 top end parts. I have like 4 sets of heads that I'll likely never use.

fasteddi
04-11-2013, 02:40 AM
There harder to come by up where i live. The junk yards arround toledo are horrid. The last place I checked for a gen3 top end, they wanted 350 bucks for what i needed and I needed to take it apart. I thought that was a tad steep.

fasteddi
04-11-2013, 02:45 AM
sixshooter I do have a tuning question for ya...

What exactly triggers the boost silenoid. I cant wrap my head arround that If there is 12vdc at the silenoid that it wont trigger. How is the ground from the ecm regulated? Does it pulseate off/on for the DC? Reason being that I once again have boost issues. Its not the silenoid this time though. It triggers on when I apply straight 12vdc from the batt. But as I see I have 12vdc at the conector. I also see that I have nothing in the bin that is wrong. Thats with the ignition on. What is the difference when the ecm triggers it? Thats what I just dont get. Thanks for being patient with my newbie question. I feel that if i understand how it works better I can find the problem better.

34blazer
04-11-2013, 03:53 AM
There harder to come by up where i live. The junk yards arround toledo are horrid. The last place I checked for a gen3 top end, they wanted 350 bucks for what i needed and I needed to take it apart. I thought that was a tad steep.

pull a part is the best resource for a GENIII topend. you might have to bite the bullet and drive to clevo, because there isnt much else on the north coast(for pricing/availability).

Six_Shooter
04-11-2013, 04:17 AM
The ECM controls the boost control solenoid by applying a square wave pulse at varying amount of DC (Duty Cycle). The higher the DC, the more on time of the solenoid, blocking the boost pressure from getting to the wastegate actuator. The ECM triggers on the ground side of the solenoid. What you should see is 12VDC on both sides of the solenoid, with it plugged into the solenoid, much like you would see at an injector, with the key on but engine off.

As far as what will cause the ECM to go into closed loop boost control, there are a couple thresholds that need to be met, in order for the ECM to apply that ground signal to the solenoid.

I don't have time right now, but in a couple weeks I will be done school for this semester, and can take some time to hook up my test bench again and find some settings that will be able to be used to confirm ECM control of the boost control solenoid.

If you're ever near Niagara Falls (Canadian side) I will meet up with you and give you some of my gen3 top end stuff.

fasteddi
04-11-2013, 01:11 PM
For me to get there its 4 1/2 hrs but I dont have a passport.

Ive checked and I only have 12vdc to one side of the sileniod when the key is on the car is off. Ill look at my wireing some more. Thanks for helping me learn how this thing works though.

fasteddi
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Heres a datalog of the 13.50 pass only. Just WOT areas. In case anyone wants to see it. The turbo lag isnt nearly as bad as last year even though this turbo is much larger on both the turbine and compressor.

RobertISaar
04-11-2013, 11:34 PM
what gears/weight/tire size are you running?

i've got this plugged into virtualdyno with some pretty reasonable looking results guessing at your setup using the info in that log during 2nd gear.

fasteddi
04-12-2013, 12:31 AM
3.73s in the rear. 26 inch tires. 3250lbs race weight.

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 12:54 AM
is that with or without you in it?

either way, good numbers are coming out.

fasteddi
04-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Thats with me in it. I tried to download that software and it no work-o. The page says its gone.

Hard for me to believe good numbers are comming out when im getting like 25% drive train loss on my crappy 700r...lol

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 01:08 AM
IIRC, virtual dyno does a wheel torque/HP calculation, so apply that correction if you want to get an estimate on engine specs.

and by good, i meant entirely realistic looking. seems like you might benefit if the trans held a gear longer too? HP and torque still appear to be rising at the ~6K your trans is shifting at.

http://i.imgur.com/AOU16CL.png

193/178. if there is a 25% loss through the trans, that's 241/223... that's a solid 100HP bump from the stock engine.

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 01:12 AM
http://virtualdyno.net/

and there's a link that works... not sure why google only find the old version that isn't hosted anymore.

fasteddi
04-12-2013, 01:12 AM
I got it to work but the numbers look all goofy.

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 01:32 AM
goofy, how? really out of scale or just all over the place? if they're all over the place, make a different copy of the CSV, leave ONLY the parts that are in a single gear. when the gears change, that causes issues with the way it uses data. i chose 2nd since you topped out in it and not in 3rd and 1st goes by way too fast.

fasteddi
04-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Ahh ok. What car did you use? Theres no thirdgen car on there. Or did you make a custom car.

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 01:57 AM
custom. had to guess at the aero stuff, but the rest seems solid. i'd send the XML, but it's actually easier just to make it yourself due to load/save location.

http://i.imgur.com/LjCrnvC.png

fasteddi
04-12-2013, 03:04 AM
Ok thanks a ton man. Thats some pretty cool software to mess with.

fasteddi
04-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Check this one out....:yikes: Its from last year when I was running 15-16 psi. Had 3.23 gears in it at the time though.

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 03:15 AM
yeah, it's certainly a neat little software package. you can overlay multiple logs as well for comparison, apply different correction factors, etc...

RobertISaar
04-12-2013, 03:26 AM
... weird spike after 5400. looking at the CSV, appears to be caused when RPM skittering around a little in that area. trans slip/grab if i had to guess since MPH never jumps/drops as if it were tire slip.

i tweaked the CSV a little so that the RPM never drops below what it was in the cell before it, came up with this:

http://i.imgur.com/yzCDPtG.png

fasteddi
04-19-2013, 03:39 AM
Any ideas on how the logic works on the fuel type determined on $59???

skwayb
04-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Key phrase.... It doesn't.. So don't even worry about it as the fuel type logic doesn't work.... At least what a couple of the guys that helped out on Code59 told me that the stock fuel type code in 58 never worked..

fasteddi
04-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Ok thanks. I was just woundering when I was looking though my bin the other day. I figured it didnt work either to be honest.

fasteddi
04-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Picking apart some areas on the $59. I noticed the closed loop boost is not enabled till 212 degrees. Has any one ever played with the closed loop boost? Does it help control?

Six_Shooter
04-21-2013, 11:25 PM
I use CL boost control. Works great.

fasteddi
04-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Ok six. Thanks. Im still fighting the boost controler. Ive literly rewired the whole thing. And sifted though all of the bin file. Im sure ill figure it out soon. Its sure to be something dumb.

Six_Shooter
04-23-2013, 03:00 AM
I just checked, I have my temp settings at 115C and 19.92C.

fasteddi
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
what are your closed boost upper and lower psi thresholds six? Thanks.

fasteddi
04-24-2013, 01:50 AM
You can call me a idiot but is this why my boost control doesnt work??? I assume that if you push the air flow the wrong way though the sileniod that it will not work, if its anything like a alky sileniod.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/387327_579395915414807_223129502_n.jpg

The left side, single port I have going to the wastegate, the right side, double ports, i have one vented(farthest on this pic from you) and the other as a (Closest on this pic to you)boost reference. I dont know how I didnt catch this before. But since its raining out I cant assume that this is the problem ive been serching.

fasteddi
04-24-2013, 03:25 AM
:mad1:

fasteddi
04-24-2013, 03:27 AM
Since I have another sileniod, I went and triggered it while blowing into the ports and seeing what the silenoid does when its in reverse... werid but it seems to still hold back pressure from the WG. Although no person is able to make more then about 3psi with there own air. Driving me crazy that I cant just go drive it and see if that was the issue. Damm ohio and its weird weather...

fasteddi
04-28-2013, 05:58 PM
13.03 was the best run this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMKk4IOOhq8

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/942603_581082011912864_327485452_n.jpg

dave w
04-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Was that a red lighted start?

dave w

fasteddi
04-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Yea it was a time trial, I was the time on the left/red light

I cut a .001 and .006 bulbs on the other 2 runs yesterday. So over all im pretty happy with the way my car starts at the line and its reaction.

fasteddi
04-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Heres a good video of my friends and I at the track on the season opener. Jets, fireworks, fast cars, and friends. This is why I love spending the weekend out at the track racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fwk0u4RD2o

fasteddi
05-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Another fun weekend. Heres some passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bWIGQfvICA&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=54kOAnEHn8k

fasteddi
05-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Video I tossed together with my car and a few friends. Cars a constant 13.0's car at this point. Changing up the tire combo next time out. Its probly going to slow me down a tenth or so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8mlKYp7yI

34blazer
05-14-2013, 06:46 AM
shorter slicks for sure

and turn up the boost!!

EagleMark
05-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Changing up the tire combo next time out. Its probly going to slow me down a tenth or so.... I don't understand this strategy? Hmmm... supposed to do things to go faster! :rolleye:

Was that a 13.07 on a 13.10 dial in?

EagleMark
05-14-2013, 06:54 AM
shorter slicks for sure

and turn up the boost!! X2 ! :rockon:

fasteddi
05-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Yea the 13.07 was on a 13.10 dial in. Im changing up the slicks not because I want to change the combo, but because I cant afford brand new ones. I got a set that have a few passes on them for 50 bucks from a friend. Being a home owner has made me relize that I can only put so much $$ into the ole car. Since the old slicks are shot, this was my only option. I may up the boost .5psi at a time for a few clicks and see if the car likes it and its safe.

fasteddi
06-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Here is the recent toy for the car. Hooked up the 2 step and played with it for a second. This is 2500rpms, 2600rpms, and 2700rpms. Held a solid 4psi of boost that built in about 1 second. I need to get into the fueling and tweak it so that I can build up just a little more. Im still on that 13.0's barrior so im hoping that the anti lag will really get my 60 ft times better and toss me into the 12's so I don't have to jack the boost. I like my engine too much this year so im trying my hardest not to turn up the boost. Still running 11psi command. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9aiG3n8-KM

fasteddi
06-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Finally got into the 12s with ease at 12.5psi. Happy V6 owner right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzknhD99W0Y&feature=youtu.be

Six_Shooter
07-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Wicked!

I was hoping to make it to the track Friday, but there was too much rain on Friday. :(

fasteddi
07-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Wicked!

I was hoping to make it to the track Friday, but there was too much rain on Friday. :( Thanks six. I was lucky because it was raining so much over the weekend. I cant believe we actually got in some racing.

fasteddi
08-11-2013, 10:53 PM
New best of 12.88 this morning. With a 60ft of 1.76. Car was running strong. Still running the same ole tune from a month ago with 12.5 psi of boost. Too bad i was up for 24hrs at night underfire and red lighted in the first round. spt 191.

fasteddi
05-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Well overdue for a update.

Have went the hybrid route over the winter. Finally got it together and tuned. Raced it for the first time last weekend and went a best of 12.45 at 111mph. 8.07 1/8 mile time. Soft launch with a 1.97 60ft.

I linked the video of the first pass of the day which was a 12.49@110mph
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaiTDhasFp4

fasteddi
09-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Updates on the car.

Well 40 passes later this season and I finally got to messing with the starting line launch. Got 3 11 second passes on the past weekend. 11.70@115.9Mph being the best with a 60 foot time of 1.64. Pretty darn good. Heres a slip and vid of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxCrMJ2grY&list=UUthFDd0F-aSKRMi9Jn94Ubg

fasteddi
09-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Long time fellas. Here is some updates. The Camaro now has a borg warner s366 turbo powering it along with a Th350 trans under it.

It has been a good season. Nothing but 11 second passes for the past few months. The car was consistently fast part way though the summer up till now. I won a good amount of rounds at the race track in both pro and sportsman classes. Best of a 11.59@119mph and a new trap speed PB for me of 120mph. All on just 15psi of boost which i think is a great accomplishment on a 191 cubic inch street car.

I got married this year too to a great girl. We have been dating for 3 year now and the tuning and car stuff didnt scare her off. Im very happy to be married to her. So all in all it was a great year.

I added my annual year in review video. It may not work on some mobile devices but if you can watch it, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ld_BTjL86Q