PDA

View Full Version : SLC-dyi2 wideband kit How to make wire connections??

fasteddi
02-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Which wires go where??? I did dont get instructions on the wiring and have absolutly no idea what connections to make as the kit cam assembled except the wires to the controler. This is for a 1227730 ECu in a 1991 camaro. If anyone can help or show me where i can find a manual for a SCL diy2 kit that would be awsome since all i can find is a manual on the diy1 kit, which is older and different!
Thanks!!

EagleMark
02-09-2012, 12:59 AM
i think a phone call or email to them is in order...

Or isn't the DIY1 kit same thing but unassembled? So instructions would be accurate...

fasteddi
02-09-2012, 01:09 AM
i think a phone call or email to them is in order...

Or isn't the DIY1 kit same thing but unassembled? So instructions would be accurate...

yea the DIY 1 isnt the same, its not assembled. This one is assembled except the wires from the connectors are not. I will email them and hope i get a prompt message. This is really the last difficult thing to accomplish before I can start the car. Also the DIY has a 10 pin bar on the connector.. this one has a 4 bar, then a 3 bar then a 2 bar connector. So 3 seperate ones compared to the single connector the DIY 1 has.

fasteddi
02-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Ok I made a call and got a link to download the instructions, i assembled the cable that hooks from the WB sensor to the controler, took me 30 min. and alot of cussing, but i got that done, now I just need to make the power cable and ill be good to go. There are 2 aux. outputs on this thing but im not planning on reading anything but the AFR. Theres a 5vts output to what ever i choose. Can I hook this to my 1227730 ECU?? I know the $59 mask has a WB code in it.....

EagleMark
02-09-2012, 05:54 AM
There's usually a 0 to 5 volt wire for Wide Band AFR reading. I tie it into my AutoProm, some guys have an extra wire into ECM. I don't know what to do with your ECM? It has USB to hook to laptop and software to read AFR right? I like it in same log as data log but can be done by itself.

Six_Shooter
02-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Set up the WBO2 input as per instructions on code59.org. Pin F14 IIRC.

fasteddi
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Yea it does have the usb cable to tie into the software i have. But I figured while i do the pin out for the TCC this weekend I could tie a input into the ECU.

Thanks sixshotter ill be sure to read up on code59 some more.

There is alot of functions and outputs/inputs that this kit can handle. I love it!

EagleMark
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
One of your extras should be an Exhaust Gas Temp sensor...