PDA

View Full Version : Box of goodies just showed up...

JeepsAndGuns
02-01-2012, 03:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/JeepsAndGuns/2012-01-31172254.jpg

:jfj:

I was wanting to get one of these before I installed my MPFI. I have been saving my pennies from selling stuff online and paid for it with my paypal balance.

I am hoping to get this installed this weekend, but cant promise. Gonna hook one of the extra outputs it has to the pcm and do the bin mods to be able to datalog it. So not only will I have the bling bling gauge to look at, I'll have it in datalogs too. Gauge has a extra silver bezel and white face. I tried them and even though all my other aftermarket gauges are white, I think this one looks better black.

I have one question. It came with a weld in bung, but its 1 inch long? I notice on the nub or nipple (whatever you want to call it) that sticks into the exhaust, there are only holes in the very end. Where my NB had slits on the side of it. So is this WB not supposed to stick fully into the exhaust, and only the very tip be sticking out? With it threaded all the way in that bung, the tip just barely sticks out, add the thickness of the pipe, and it might end up flush with the ID of the exhaust pipe. Should it be like that?

FSJ Guy
02-01-2012, 04:09 AM
I'll be watching this, waiting for your review. :D

EagleMark
02-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Yup!

Your MTX-L gauge kit includes a 1” bung. This bung is supplied to best prolong the life of your sensor since it will allow the sensor to sit flush with the exhaust pipe. Using a bung is the preferred method for mounting the O
2 sensor for both catalytic and noncatalytic
cars.

I'm jealous...

93V8S10
02-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Looking good!

What mask and ECM are you planing to use with you MPFI project?

JeepsAndGuns
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks mark, I must have missed that little paragraph on their site.

I will be using my current 16197427 with the needed mods. $0E, will mod my current running bin to match.
I got a zip file from this site (cant remember what thread) that had a list of all the things you needed to do, pcm, memcal, and bin.

93V8S10
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Cool! Keep us posted on the progress.

I need to update that file, let me know if you find anything that needs changed.

JeepsAndGuns
02-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Not looking good for the home team. Calling for rain all weekend. :(

EagleMark
02-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Wide Bands work in the rain?

:laugh:

JeepsAndGuns
02-03-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm sure they work fine when its raining, however I do not. :innocent2:
Plus rain and mig welders dont get along. :laugh:

JeepsAndGuns
02-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Gauge is installed and working!!
Took half a day off work today to get my taxes done, and once I got home I was trying to figure out what to do. I then saw the box...lol
I mounted it, ran the power and gound wires and did the required calibration. I crawled under there and was gonna install the bung. But I had bad memories of when I installed the original NB one. No room, laying down in my gravel driveway, etc...not fun. So I drove to the muffler shop and gladly paid $15 to have them install it.
Kinda watched it a little driving home but its only a few mile away. I did floor it once for a few hundred yards to watch it go into PE. It only dropped to 12.5 for a sec then raised back on up to 13-14. So theres something to look into when I get a chance. I also need to hook the output to the pcm and do the bin changes so I can log the data.
Hopefully will have time to do that sat afternoon.

FSJ Guy
02-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!