PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Corvette programing question.

Byron
02-06-2016, 08:49 AM
So one of the mechanics at my work has screwed up while doing a reprogramming of the ECM through the GM website.
He had laptop issues and now the flash is corrupt.
My Question is -
I have another 05' Vette at the shop with the same LS2, same cal emissions and same auto trans that i just installed an E-Force blower kit on. I have the original flash saved in an SCT X4 programmer.
Is it possible to put that flash in the corrupt ECM and if so what needs edited in the flash to work? Vin number? what else?

mecanicman
02-06-2016, 09:12 AM
The SCT programmer will be locked to the pcmid or vin of the vehicle you used it with, so that is no go. The pcm is corrupt and wont take a flash anyway so also no go. You can find someone who can fix your pcm(requires disassembling and chip flashing) or buy a new/used pcm and have it flashed.

Byron
02-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Thanks for quick reply

Montecarlodrag
02-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Is the ECM still talking to the scan tool?
If it isn't then you need to send it for a repair service. Sometimes it takes several attempts and they accept a flash, sometimes they are just fubared.

Byron
02-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Ill check it in the morning and see if it will communicate. Mechanic is blaming GM saying their site gave him a bad download. I doubt it