PDA

View Full Version : Sup

Nate3531
01-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Hello everyone. Name is Nate. I have been very interested in tuning for a long time and Google lead me here. I hope you guys can guide me to getting my 89 TBI running nice and smooth.

Looking mostly for reliability and driveablity.

anyways hope to learn alot.

Nate

EagleMark
01-26-2012, 06:12 AM
:welcome2:

Welcome Nate!

:welcome:

1project2many
01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Howdy.

I love TBI trucks because they're simple and generally reliable. Think about it... it's a 23 year old truck and the electronics are still working. Many of those trucks still have most of the original sensors. I can't get a DVD player to last 10 years and aftermarket car audio is usually dead in 7-8 years so I think the OEM did ok with the truck.

Tuning's fun. It might be confusing at first because there's a lot going on but luckily there's plenty of info to help out. I think this is a good site with a good group of guys so you should do ok. Look around and feel free to ask questions.

I can fix anything given enough time and money.
That's exactly the right attitude to have around here.

dave w
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
:welcome:

dave w

Nate3531
01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks everyone, I am hoping I have a small advantage on a novice due to my technical background with Access databases, and nearly 20 years of PC technical support.

However I am not going to get a big head and pretend like I know everything after reading a few posts hahah :happy:

EagleMark
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone, I am hoping I have a small advantage on a novice due to my technical background with Access databases, and nearly 20 years of PC technical support.

However I am not going to get a big head and pretend like I know everything after reading a few posts hahah :happy:Being PC literate is half the journey so you should catch on quick.

With your PC experiance maybe you could come up with correct way to install USB to ALDL cables on PCs, getting COM port set to 3-4 for some reason is what software calls for. Once a PC is set up with cable it is usually fine but mine will change USB ports, but always work. Seems everyone has this issue first?

So already you have knowledge to share! :thumbsup: