PDA

View Full Version : Preswap work up

PNW86XJ43l
01-22-2016, 05:47 AM
So, picked up a lightly used 4.3 TBI and ecu for my XJ. While my engine is in the shop getting machined and worked a little, I figured I might as well rework the harness while waiting. Got through cutting out all the unnecessary stuff and add checked out my ECU and the BIN i.d. is AKSF, cant find any pertinent information for it. :mad1: someone please help

Six_Shooter
01-22-2016, 07:37 AM
AKSF
Year: 1988
PROM number: 16121158
ECM service number: 1227747
Engine: LB4 4.3
Trans: MG5 MAN

PNW86XJ43l
01-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! Thanks... I was thinking I was screwed. Sadly now I am second guessing my harness clean up... but thats what I get for doing it myself for the first time in 8 years

steveo
01-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! Thanks... I was thinking I was screwed. Sadly now I am second guessing my harness clean up... but thats what I get for doing it myself for the first time in 8 years

post details of what you have, and what you've done.. when you really break it down, a harness is really simple.

just don't re-wrap it until the engine is back in the car, that way you can route everything nicely.

PNW86XJ43l
01-22-2016, 03:41 PM
post details of what you have, and what you've done.. when you really break it down, a harness is really simple.

just don't re-wrap it until the engine is back in the car, that way you can route everything nicely.

So took a look at the mini trunk I have coming off the ECU, I only have 4 wire that are getting completely deleted. Thinking about adding about 2ft of wire to the harness to locate the ECU inside the jeep. Harness was missing the ALDL port, but dont really need it. Will try to post pictures when I get to work

uncabob
01-23-2016, 03:26 AM
Harness was missing the ALDL port, but dont really need it. Will try to post pictures when I get to workThink you should reconsider ALDL port. Good luck with your build.

PNW86XJ43l
01-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Think you should reconsider ALDL port. Good luck with your build.

Thats what my boss was telling me last yesterday. Looks like I will be sourcing out an port on ebay so I can do this a little bit more legit. On another note I have more pages of wiring diagrams then I care to have. Can probably publish a small book

steveo
01-23-2016, 05:56 PM
instead of an aldl port, how about get a cheap usb to serial interface, and build a usb port into the dash instead? or both?

uncabob
01-23-2016, 10:18 PM
I like both. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/images/icons/icon7.png More scanners can fit.

PNW86XJ43l
01-25-2016, 06:01 PM
I might just have to look into that as a solution. Definitely would be pretty awesome to have. Now that it is starting to dry up here in the NW I will be tackling pulling the stock 2.8 from the XJ. And beginning the engine bay work. Gotta stop being lazy and start snapping some pictures. This is definitely something I need to look back at and laugh at.. kinda also thinking about throwing a bump stuck in the motor