PDA

View Full Version : Quick question concerning EBL tuning

Ace17
01-15-2016, 05:22 AM
Hey guys,

First off I'm a noob, so you'll have to bear with me. I just recently purchased the EBL flash system for my truck, got everything wired in, and it's ready to go. I went into tuner pro and changed a few variables, and saved the new bin.

My question is about flashing in a new bin into the computer. You'll enter the "Whats up display", hit "flash", and it basically asks you whether you want to "read" or "program" a bin. I read the dynamic efi site quite a few times, but I'm not sure what the terms mean and what they do. Could you guys just give me a basic description of what it means to "program" or "read" a bin file? I just want to take the bin I modified in tunerpro and flash it into the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

steveo
01-15-2016, 08:49 AM
program

Six_Shooter
01-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Program means to flash or "program" the ECM with the bin. To read means to read back what is already flashed to the ECM.

Ace17
01-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Program means to flash or "program" the ECM with the bin. To read means to read back what is already flashed to the ECM.

Oh okay. So to "program" just means to flash in a bin to the ECM from the computer, and to "read" means to to take the bin already flashed in the ECM and send it to your hard drive?

1project2many
01-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Yep. it might be more intuitive if it said "Write" instead of "Flash" but in electronics those two terms are technically different... sort of. :rolleye:

Ace17
01-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Yep. it might be more intuitive if it said "Write" instead of "Flash" but in electronics those two terms are technically different... sort of. :rolleye:

Cool, thanks for the help guys.