PDA

View Full Version : Ha! HaHaa!!! Hahahahaaaa!!!

1project2many
01-22-2012, 09:30 PM

Oooyeah!

EagleMark
01-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Well your joy shows success... I just tried it twice and it worked!

1project2many
01-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Usable, but not ready for the world yet.

Listers can try a few searches.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind

Input is welcome. Formatting of the results pages will be changing in the future to better match the look of gearhead-efi.com

jim_in_dorris
01-23-2012, 06:47 AM
I tried it and it found my BCC. I have a quick question, the NB2, California option, does that mean it was a california truck?

EagleMark
01-23-2012, 07:35 AM
What's your BCC? I'll look it up in CalData.

historystamp
01-23-2012, 07:54 AM
This is great stuff.

Perhaps possible DataStream files could be added.

I'm working getting the ALDL data (INDEX.DOC) into an excel sheet. I'm not done yet. The hard work is done via a JAVA program.

edit: To make a common place for xls file.

Please see post #1 in this thread.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...=4164#post4164 (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?527-ALDL-DataStream-Information-as-Excel-XLS&p=4164#post4164)

Six_Shooter
01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
:happy:

1project2many
01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I have a quick question, the NB2, California option, does that mean it was a california truck?
Yes. It means that the calibration was certified for California emissions standards. It does not mean the truck was physically sold in CA.

What's your BCC? I'll look it up in CalData.
It'd be interesting to see what CalData says. At one point I could tell you that all of the software databases for this info produced similar results in a similar format. You'd need a make or body style for the vehicle as well as a BCC and the data returned would list the option codes associated but wouldn't tell you what the options were, which was exactly what the GM software would do. It was almost like the software vendors got a database package directly from GM then implented their own interface.

Perhaps possible DataStream files could be added.
Neat idea. A quick scan through the spreadsheet leads me to think most of the cals could be positively associated with a datastream. It would be very helpful to condense the various references together.

JeepsAndGuns
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Wow, that works great! It found every bin I searched, and I searched every chip and memcal I had (around 10-11)

Great work!!

93V8S10
01-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Nice Work!

lightning-jr
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
NB2= Downstream (after cat) o2?

sry, just guessing.

EagleMark
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
NB2 is a RPO Emmisions code meeting CA requirments. Depending on year it came on Fed cars as well.

lightning-jr
01-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Doh! If I looked at my RPO (options) list (thanks someotherguy) I'd have seen it.

OK no more "nonsense" post from me lol.

EagleMark
01-24-2012, 01:34 AM
I know you got a lot more knowledge then your posting? :innocent2:

We got a good thread with RPO codes and a complete PDF!
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?53-Ultimate-RPO-Codes-Complete-GM-PDF-Database

jim_in_dorris
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Mark, the BCC is ABHM 87 Chevy R10 4x4 305 700r4

EagleMark
01-24-2012, 05:41 PM
That bin was superceded to ADTS...

1project2many
01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Looks like Caldata is using the same database other commercial software. I removed the data showing whether or not a cal was superceded from BCCFind but I can put it back without too much trouble. I seem to remember the database only showed the next calibration in the process so there was no easy way to get to the latest cal if there were several updates. Does CalData show the latest update with one click?

EagleMark
01-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Yup! One click on Superseded and unless that was also superseded it will stop.

Been looking at CGI and it may be easier to change that HTML templete page to frames.Would look the same. Then results would be in same window

1project2many
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm going to try and work on this tomorrow. I'd like to set this up so the template is still usable to keep site maintenance simpler.

1project2many
01-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Getting ready for prime time. Program output is now formatted to look like the rest of the site and repeat searches don't loop back through the first page. Formatting of links and possibly additional content needs to be added but the core html is set up.

EagleMark
01-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Way to cool! :rockon:

It works and output looks good! You want me to do the other HTML stuff? I got my old desktop fired up that has Dreamweaver on it to do this other end of site, then a freind wants me to redo his website too! Good timing for me to do inside work in winter...

1project2many
01-27-2012, 09:04 PM
If you could do the rest that would be awesome. Feel free to make changes. I learned long ago that my web site design doesn't win any awards.

EagleMark
01-27-2012, 09:55 PM
That's my favorite Template with CSS code in it. I can make it look like any site with a few changes, actually you grabbed it in the middle, my Dreamweaver was not running so I was doing changes by hand and you grabbed it half done.. Wish we had a bin like that, one for all?

Do I just have to worry about between the P tags? Or is there an output template now? Fill me in, what you've done is fantastic but I haven't looked since I got sick, which is still lingering...

EagleMark
01-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Nevermind, I found them, not done but looks better. Before I do anymore I will let you test it.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/

1project2many
01-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Looks good. Only thing I see offhand is visited link color (between P tags) is the same as background color.

EagleMark
01-28-2012, 12:49 AM
I saw that too... just making sure it works right for you and I didn't screw anything up. Original files are named .old

EagleMark
01-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Just found an origanal version of BitHoist. What's the chances of that running on a server?

historystamp
01-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Fifty percent of BCC codes start with the letter A. Forty percent start with B. 99.98 are four letters long. ( Just a guess. )

See my attachment for an example ECM label. This avoids having to take the ECM apart.

Robert

1project2many
01-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Just found an origanal version of BitHoist. What's the chances of that running on a server?
I didn't write bithoist and I'm not familiar with the code. It probably could be rewritten into a CGI application but most of it's functionality is in the data manipulation of the .bin files. It reads a file, changes the data, then writes another file. That's not so easy to do through HTML without a bunch of user actions along the way. Are you looking for a program to verify stock calibrations?

I just fixed an issue with the main index page. The text result for the successful / unsuccessful searches was pasted into the new page instead of the original code. I kept wondering why the count wasn't increasing. lol.

1project2many
01-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Fifty percent of BCC codes start with the letter A. Forty percent start with B. 99.98 are four letters long. ( Just a guess. )

Robert

Is this based on the number of cals on the spreadsheet?
Two letter BCC's were used in model years 1980 (begins with A6 5004) and 1981 (ends with NT 7858). Three letter cals began with AAD 9946 in MY 1981 and continued through HRL 5535 in 1989. Four letter cals began with AABC 1202 in 1986 and continued through CMBA 6970 in 1999. Updates are released at later dates for earlier cars so BCC A6 has a release date of 1984 for a 1980 model year car. Two and three letter cals were often updated by altering the four digit code rather than the letters so there can be multiples of the same three letters but with a different numeric code. I have had undocumented cals in my hands due to this.

The earliest cal release date I can find is 4/9/1979 and there are multiple calibrations released on that date including AX, AZ, and BA. Although GM never released a Corvette in 1983 there ae several calibrations certified for a 1983 Corvette including CCC 3235, CFB 4044, CDF 3679, CDR 3940, CFB 8577, and CDR 8278.

Some calibrations just seem neat. AUKF, AXMN, BCMM, BCWX, BCZU, BFZA, BFYW, and BFCZ are all for option B05, Body Armor, and BFZA is for an armored hearse. Probably not too many copies of that cal around. Somewhere around here I have an undocumented GM cal for an 89 Vette with factory 15" wheels. They were a rare option (and ugly) but we had one come through the shop so I copied the cal. Can't find the BCC listed in any reference, though.

EagleMark
01-28-2012, 09:56 AM

See my attachment for an example ECM label. This avoids having to take the ECM apart.

RobertThey all have them Robert. But many chips were supreceded and did not get a new sticker. So I guess if you can check the BCC and it's not superceded it should be correct. Except for the ones I have got from junk yard with aftermarket chips in them.

I didn't write bithoist and I'm not familiar with the code. It probably could be rewritten into a CGI application but most of it's functionality is in the data manipulation of the .bin files. It reads a file, changes the data, then writes another file. That's not so easy to do through HTML without a bunch of user actions along the way. Are you looking for a program to verify stock calibrations?

I just fixed an issue with the main index page. The text result for the successful / unsuccessful searches was pasted into the new page instead of the original code. I kept wondering why the count wasn't increasing. lol.OK sorry, glad I stopped there and let you test. I have some more work to do on them for appeearence and links but seems to be stable.

The BitHoist code looks very similar to what's in BCC Find. I have never tried to run it not really understand how it works. I thought it just found an availble bin? We probaly have 1000 bins...

1project2many
01-28-2012, 04:36 PM
The BitHoist code looks very similar to what's in BCC Find.
I looked through some of that code last night but I didn't get more than basic clues as to what was happening. Ludis was/is a professional bordering on a guru when it comes to programming and electronics. I'm not close to that level.

EagleMark
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Someone, not me, posted BCC Find on TGO...

1project2many
01-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Let's see if it drives any traffic this way.

I adjusted the link colors and straightened out and added an HTML: space character in the index page before the search counter because Mozilla composer kept auto-formatting it out. I uploaded photos of other chips to show the different ways the BCC can be found. Think there's a need for them? If not then I think everything looks good from this end.

Six_Shooter
01-28-2012, 08:27 PM

LOL, not familar with 1project2many's other UNs? ;)

1project2many
01-28-2012, 08:33 PM
lol

"Some call me....... Tim!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbrIo1p-So

historystamp
01-28-2012, 09:32 PM
As far as BitHoist goes, a possibility would be to build a front end to interface the existing BitHoist. Build a "small" GCI Script that would call the existing BitHoist. BitHoist can be called so as to send it's output to a file. Display the file results.

I did download the zip file. Documentation is on the light side.

Next time I'm over at a library, I'll see what books I can find on this topic.

Robert

EagleMark
01-28-2012, 10:18 PM
LOL, not familar with 1project2many's other UNs? ;)Some call him Tim?

Let's see if it drives any traffic this way.

I adjusted the link colors and straightened out and added an HTML: space character in the index page before the search counter because Mozilla composer kept auto-formatting it out. I uploaded photos of other chips to show the different ways the BCC can be found. Think there's a need for them? If not then I think everything looks good from this end.Whatever your opening up the HTML page in is messing up the table borders top and bottom, unless you made the gray lines look like gray boxs? Nope it's adding <BR> everywhere. It happened last time too? Other than that I think it looks fine and works fine. I have Moates banner add for Find page and TunerPro banner ad for result page. We can add links to left for good write info or some old GM C3/C4 cross tables. I have a lot of ideas and more are welcome.

1project2many
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Really?? I've been using Mozilla Composer lately but apparently it's trying to be smarter than I am. Any suggestions for a good editor before I give up and go back to using Windows Notepad?

EagleMark
01-29-2012, 12:00 AM
If I had a copy of Dreamweaver I would send it, but it was loaded on this desktop I have. Notpad is good, I have EditPad because it does better stuff for CGI work. I friend suggested Notepad C+...

I got them looking good again, your work in middle was untouched, so I don't know how much more HTML you want to do? Maybe there's an option in Mozilla Composer to turn that off? It added <br> everywhere which is OK in like a <p> tag or anywhere a break is needed but the way that template was was built in tables width='1" which leaves a little line. Add <br> and it's a big space... It also changed all upper case to lower case and added some <tbody> tags which are failing my browser check errors? Weird... if it did that in a bin you'd be screwed! Luckily this is loose html... and not XML.

Anyway I think they look OK and still work. Put logo in and Banner ad in. Links are all black so they don't dissaper...