PDA

View Full Version : Hello from socal

1leg
01-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi,
I'm an old school drag racer that is used to tuning carbs. Now I have 2 TBI trucks that need tuning. So I'm going to start learning this efi tuning. I have tuner cats and tuner pro and datamaster all downloaded, I have the cables and chip programmer. I'm going to start on my Suburban, got the moates adaptor and I'm going to install today. I'm going to start by coping the stock tune to the flash chip and get it running. After that I'll do the same on my 93 1/2ton. Then the 93 is going to get a fresh transmission before any tuning begins. I'm looking for 1993-1995 tbi 454 so if any one has lead let me know.

EagleMark
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
:welcome2:

Glad you found us, hope we can help. Your tuning knowledge will transfer over quite nicely once you get the learning curve done. Great introduction but really to many questions. Like your 1989 will be a differant ECM then the 1993. Getting the numbers of ECM and BCC of chip would be first step. Just start a thread in GM EFI forum and we will help you get going. First thing is always mechanicle. Is your truck in good shape maintenece wise. Fuel pressure check is always good too. Then learn to data log to see where your stock tune is.

:welcome:

1leg
01-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Thank man

I did start a thread in GM efi. please read, need XDF and ADX files.