PDA

View Full Version : MAT at 68f tune is good, gets rich with temp rise, which table??

BigBanks78
12-05-2015, 09:33 PM
$8B 1990 707 ecm 2.3l quad-4

Ok I have been chasing my tail over the change in seasons. When I started tuning ve table outside temps where 95-101 and humid. Now ive been driving around in 32-55 degree f. I wasn't looking at MAT when it was hot (I'm still learning) but temps changed and car ran BAD! I have gone over everything I can think of like checking all sensors, compression, injectors, my wiring job, all seems fine so went to bin file. I found a couple tables corresponding with MAT but nothing that does anything (that I can tell)so I am confused.
The car runs best when MAT is 68 degree F, idles at 128 Blm at 68f, Blm is 131 at about 62, Blm is 111 when MAT is 100f or so. I wil post pics of bin tables list and the couple I found. I think the xdf may be missing some tables. I found that xdf did not have some of the dtc's that the adx has, 1project2many is helping me add them in xdf but I keep looking for a table like MAT vs afr or something close but not there. Maybe the table is in degrees f instead of c? Idk:-/
Any way if anyone can tell me where they would start if they were having this problem I would be extremely greatful!!!!

RobertISaar
12-06-2015, 04:20 AM
you'll be looking for something that in the MPFI 60V6 masks is refered to as the "inverse pulse" table... it's used to modify the calculated airflow in reference to air temp. generally, it won't need changed unless the location of the IAT/MAT sensor has changed.

I'm not familiar enough with the Q4 code to know if it runs off of raw MAT values(some code did) or if it blended raw air temp with coolant temp to estimate the temperature of the airmass as it enters the head. if so, then you may need to look for the MAT/CTS blending table, which most people don't bother documenting/allow changes to.

BigBanks78
12-07-2015, 10:09 AM
I think it was the MAT spark bias, I didn't know I even changed it till taking a picture of it. I'll have to go search when it was changed and start from there but i changed others looking for solution. Must have copy compared. I reduced bias and it changed a lot.
Thanks for your time :-)!!!!

BigBanks78
12-08-2015, 12:51 AM
This one only has the MAT no IAT. I looked at the bin I labeled for the power loss and MAT bias was not changed but MAT spark correction table had -1.5 or so when it should have been zero, that table makes a big difference when changed, I added 6 degree spark in it and knocked almost everywhere! but trying stuff put back stock

BigBanks78
12-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Well I think that did it, not sure how I changed them tho?!?!! Thanks for your help!!! :-)