PDA

View Full Version : Is the GearHead-EFI forum helping tuners?

EagleMark
01-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Is the GearHead-EFI forum helping tuners? Well I know it has helped me. I have also met a lot of new friends! :jfj:

But this is more than I had ever expected! Seems we are helping way more than just what we see in threads.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=1480&stc=1&d=1326990922

RobertISaar
01-19-2012, 11:19 PM
almost 2.4GB..... that's crazy.

93V8S10
01-20-2012, 02:15 AM
I like it! This is the only forum I'm participating on right now.

JeepsAndGuns
01-20-2012, 03:48 AM
I like it here. I have learned lots more here than I have on another fuel injection forum.
I dont get talked down to and treated like a idiot when I ask questions, dont know something and want to learn about it.

EagleMark
01-20-2012, 06:08 AM
almost 2.4GB..... that's crazy.That's only half a month? What the heck happened on the 18th? Besides you came back? See what you did? :laugh:

I like it! This is the only forum I'm participating on right now.I'm really glad your here! :rockon:
You have been a great asset to the tuning community. I still help elsewhere as well, the site started with just a couple guys that wanted a place to put stuff so we could help others. I never expected all this...

I like it here. I have learned lots more here than I have on another fuel injection forum.
I dont get talked down to and treated like a idiot when I ask questions, dont know something and want to learn about it.I'm glad your here too! I never want anyone to feel the way you said you were treated on another site. Some of the questions you have asked have turned into some of our best discussions!

That's really a lot of traffic on all days. But we do have a lot to offer too... but what the heck happened on the 18th? It doubled? I think Robert did it... :wtg:

RobertISaar
01-20-2012, 06:16 AM
..... a coincidence, i'm sure.

dejayt
01-20-2012, 06:59 AM
yes you guys are helping. just wanted to say THANKS

Six_Shooter
01-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I am seeing this site mentioned a LOT on other sites, especially TGO, and it's not always by me! lol

gregs78cam
01-20-2012, 07:33 AM
I am seeing this site mentioned a LOT on other sites, especially TGO, and it's not always by me! lol

OK, yes it is me.:rolleye: No, jk, I agree with everyone else, I like this site a lot, in fact this is the only forum I check everyday. TGO, FSC, and NastyZ28 only about once a week and LS1Tech once a month or so.

1project2many
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
That's only half a month? What the heck happened on the 18th?
:innocent2:

dave w
01-20-2012, 08:04 AM
That is lots of web traffic. I like the site, easy to share information. The tuning software has really improved, which helps everyone!

dave w

EagleMark
01-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I am seeing this site mentioned a LOT on other sites, especially TGO, and it's not always by me! lolThey ask and they receive! That was what the site strarted for. But it's not always me...

:innocent2:Ok now I know... :homer:

JeepsAndGuns
01-20-2012, 03:40 PM
What happened on the 18th? Mabey someone posted a link to this site on some other high traffic forum and everyone there clicked it to see what it was?

EagleMark
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Most users ever online was 59, 2 Weeks Ago at 09:55 PM.

93V8S10
01-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Could the videos have contributed to the high usage?

EagleMark
01-21-2012, 01:02 AM
:innocent2:

Could the videos have contributed to the high usage?Nope! He did it...

Although the You tube things are embedded here they still come from YouTube. I don't think it has any effecct on our usage. Since our server is unlimited it's really not a concern. It wass just strange to me that the first time I ever looked at usage it was big, but then had a HUGE spike day before.

lightning-jr
01-21-2012, 02:18 AM
With the talent pool we have here it's good to check in on a regular basis.

historystamp
01-27-2012, 11:10 PM
This is a great site! Thanks everyone...

----------------------------------------------

The Apache web server keeps a log of everything it does. I'd assume there are programs around to analyze the log. ( Not that you have anything else to do. )

Robert

droptopstng
02-09-2012, 05:14 AM
yeah i check this forum about as often as my wife checks facebook lol.It does help a lot,wished I was more help but for now I learn lol

EagleMark
02-09-2012, 05:48 AM
yeah i check this forum about as often as my wife checks facebook lol.It does help a lot,wished I was more help but for now I learn lolThey do EFI tuning on Facebook? :yikes:

droptopstng
02-09-2012, 05:58 AM
yea they do tuning ......her and her girl friends tune tune my money and when I say lean I mean leannnnn lol

one92rs
02-10-2012, 04:21 AM
well i know i have started reading on here and have learned a lot about the tuning aspect and what is the best for the gm tbi. me and a buddy of mine are dead set on the tbi's. i have my 92 camaro. 350-4l60e-427 swap coming now. his is a 92 suburban with a rebuilt engine already. 4l60e and a 427 swap coming sooner. i will eventually get into tuning but for now and this year i will keep all inhouse here for what i need. i have built a few tbi engines and have them running good. but the 427 swap has me intrigued.

dave w
02-10-2012, 06:26 AM
well i know i have started reading on here and have learned a lot about the tuning aspect and what is the best for the gm tbi. me and a buddy of mine are dead set on the tbi's. i have my 92 camaro. 350-4l60e-427 swap coming now. his is a 92 suburban with a rebuilt engine already. 4l60e and a 427 swap coming sooner. i will eventually get into tuning but for now and this year i will keep all inhouse here for what i need. i have built a few tbi engines and have them running good. but the 427 swap has me intrigued.

The best advantages I see with the '427 PCM swap are, faster processor, two timing tables (near idle / off idle), two fuel tables (near idle / off idle), and excellent low cost tuning / programming software!

droptopstng
02-10-2012, 06:59 AM
The best advantages I see with the '427 PCM swap are, faster processor, two timing tables (near idle / off idle), two fuel tables (near idle / off idle), and excellent low cost tuning / programming software!

and easy with this sites help

Psycho Psyclopse Psystems
07-27-2022, 01:29 AM
I've learned a lot here. I haven't started tuning mine yet, still on the install part. Like Jeeps and Guns said, I haven't seen anyone downing anyone for asking questions. I hope it stays that way, so when I start asking questions, I'm sure I'll get any help I need.:happy:

ralmo94
09-24-2022, 02:20 PM
Holy thread reserection!
I have to to say though that this forum is my favorite forum for the reasons posted on this thread. It sure has gotten a lot more traffic than it did in 2012. I only wish I would have known about it back then. I did lurk on here for a year or two before joining, and reading old threads with eagle mark. I was saddened to learn he passed before I even knew about the forum. One of my favorite things he posted was that when his wife takes the car she has to ask him if it's the stock tune, or if he's experimenting, and that she didn't know he retarded the timing a little in what she thought was a stock tune to take out some harshness off the line. Lmao