PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Panningbros
09-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Just found this website last night. I am working on a 1952 Buick 263 cid straight eight. I am thinking about running a turbo and multi port fuel injection on it. I will definitely need some help on this one. Not looking for high performance, mainly just want to do it for something different. I will be building my own manifolds. Thanks!

fastacton
09-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome! That sounds like an interesting project! It'd be pretty cool to see it running with MPFI and a turbo!

1project2many
09-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Very cool. Does the Buick engine have eight intake ports, or are some of the the ports shared by multiple cylinders? If some ports are shared you might find TBI is an easier swap. TBI can still be used in a turbocharged application.

Panningbros
09-29-2015, 05:12 AM
This engine has only 4 intake ports. I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet. This winter I plan on getting to work on the engine

1project2many
09-29-2015, 02:44 PM
I have seen some interesting attempts to solve the siamese port issue. I remember a split intake manifold that separated the cylinders into two banks and delivered fuel with two single bore TBI injectors. It was a neat part as it really attempted to isolate each cylinder sharing the port. The same idea could be used with eight injectors if your engine lends itself to this trick intake. You could tailor intake runner length that way and build a properly sized common plenum as well. I saw that intake years ago and I don't know if it's still around on the interwebz. Google seems to not want to find any of these old pages anymore. I guess they don't have enough ads. :rolleye: