PDA

View Full Version : TBI rich at start up

edfiero1
08-21-2015, 03:02 AM
I've been working on my VE fuel tables over the last month and am getting the Commanded AFR to match the Actual AFR pretty closely when driving and also at warm idle. But when I first start up cold, the wide band is reading in the high 10's or low 11's when the commanded AFR is in the 12's.

Setting the Open Loop - AFR Multiplier vs CTS from a negative value at cooler temp to zero helped a bit with the problem, but not sure what else to do get rid of this overly rich condition which I only see at initial start.

PJG1173
08-21-2015, 06:30 PM
do you have an "open loop AFR vs. Temperature vs. Vacuum"?

edfiero1
08-21-2015, 11:09 PM
do you have an "open loop AFR vs. Temperature vs. Vacuum"?

Yes, I have that table. I am happy with the values in that table.
The issue is that the actual AFR is richer than what the table says it should be.

corvairnut
08-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Choke AFR will add fuel on top of the "open loop AFR vs. Temperature vs. Vacuum" and cranking fuel may also add to it. Im sure you know all that, but that is where I found my excessive fuel at startup.

Ted

edfiero1
08-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Choke AFR will add fuel on top of the "open loop AFR vs. Temperature vs. Vacuum" and cranking fuel may also add to it. Im sure you know all that, but that is where I found my excessive fuel at startup.

Ted

How long would the choke tables be in effect? I thought they applied just for a few seconds. (like less than 10). I'm rich for a few minutes until the coolant temp comes up. A few minutes, not just seconds.

ony
08-22-2015, 11:56 PM
look at air fuel ratio vs coolent temp proble open loop, lots of times you can rasie this up a lot and have better driveablity till it gets in closed loop and save fuel too.