PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Sonoma Co.

base91
01-04-2012, 11:46 PM
HI,
I've been on the ThirdGen site for just over a year. I've got a '91 Firebird 3.1 V6 and I've learned a lot from TGO now I want to get into chip tuning so I'm here to learn more.

EagleMark
01-05-2012, 05:19 AM
:welcome2:

Why? what did we do? :laugh:

Just kidding, glad to see you here!

does your car use the $88 ? we just got a good set going for it.

:welcome:

dave w
01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
:welcome:

dave w

base91
01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
$88 yes. I've been following the fasteddi threads on TGO and I just got TunerPro and the cables etc. from Moates. First some familiarization with the software and hardware then into logging then tuning. I looked at a couple of different bins and noticed a couple that had very 'spikey' 3d graphs and one that looked fairly 'smooth'. I'm assuming the smooth one is the best to start with. When I get the right hardware I'd like to download the bin from the chip in my car and see how it compares with the other downloads. Is there usually much, if any, difference in the 'standard' bins?

EagleMark
01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Well if your car came with the EFI system I would use that bin! If the bin is not in the $88 thread check the EFI storage library under bins.
http://gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/

Moates also has a download file section like that.

Humans like smooth. Engines like what they need and don't care if it looks smooth! The spikes may be there for a reason. Really better off starting with bin in car!