PDA

View Full Version : G1 Adapter and Datalogging

MrStude
07-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Yo guys........

Just one quick question, is it possible to Datalog with the G1 adapter installed, I switched to the $6E mask and a new bin, that I adjusted, and am running now with the G1 adapter. I should have switched Masks years ago. The Ecm is the 1227165, all connects very well, but the Datastream is not displaying at all. Does the original Prom have to be installed to Datalog?

MrStude.:innocent: M1Methanol is yer friend...

fastacton
07-04-2015, 11:31 PM
It shouldn't be a problem to datalog with the adapter. Double check all of your TunerPro settings and ensure that you've selected the correct definition file for your mask.

Six_Shooter
07-05-2015, 01:38 AM
It shouldn't be a problem to datalog with the adapter. Double check all of your TunerPro settings and ensure that you've selected the correct definition file for your mask.

^^^ This.

The G1 adapter is just that an adapter. As far as the ECM knows there is just a MEMCAL installed and so datalogging works as normal.

Make sure that you have the correct ADX and that the E/EPROM has been programmed properly.

MrStude
07-05-2015, 01:44 AM

Thanx Fastacton,

I will double check , when I was running the $32 mask, 1227165-160.adx, it was easy , plug and play with the motivation prom in place. I will read my new bin file again, I don,t think it was any different for the $6E mask, 1227165-6E.adx , it should be the $6E, got it from Eaglemark,s post ( god bless him )!! Now that I know it should work, I know I read that some of the slower 1227165 ecm,s have issues, but only in 160 baud, mine hooks up at the 8192 baud. The truck runs really really strong.....but just wanna get another log in to be sure no issues remain. Thanx Again Fastacton

MrStude
07-05-2015, 01:58 AM
Thanx Six_Shooter,

I burned the bin myself, double checked and verified with Flash & Burn, its the $6e Arap Corvette bin with 3:07 gears that Eaglemark posted ( god bless him )!! I made some changes but have no issues with it running, just wanting to do another log to be sure. Deleting the cold start was the best thing ever, should have done it years ago.
Also got his 1227165-6E.adx for the datastream as well.... I read in a post that only the adx file needs to be open for the logging, is that correct? Thanx MrStude.

M1Methanol is yer friend!

Ed_p
03-30-2018, 01:07 AM
what is a mask? and do I need to worry about it. I can't seem to UPLOAD a BIN

Upload button never lites up, I think I have a bad unit