PDA

View Full Version : $88 adx

EagleMark
12-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Since you were asking about $88 I looked and it did not have one. So I used it as an example. The $88.adx with the built BLM history table is in the $88 info thread:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?392-1227730-16197128-ECM-Information-88

fasteddi
12-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Thank you this helps alot!

EagleMark
12-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Thanks!Not so fast, fasteddi found a jumpy glitch while data logging with that adx... so there are a few more versions he is testing, it is getting better and he has 2 more to test. So when he gets one I added things to, to rid the glitch we will have a final version...

phonedawgz
12-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Mine seems to work fine

http://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_pd-aAH_TD-YjJhM2Q5MzktYjRkZi00NzhhLTk5MzItY2YyNzY3YzRiNDY5

fasteddi
12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Ok thanks again, ill go datalog tommorow afternoon and see if the glitch is completly gone! If so i can finally start to work on the VE tables, just to add ive never attemped to mod the VE tables before and actually get to use them on the car.

phonedawgz
12-28-2011, 03:50 AM
When using an older computer I had a problem before where a while a glitch would come through and mess up the running stats/dashboard at a rate of once about every two seconds.

I have since started manufacturing a direct USB to 8192 ALDL cable and also have gone to a faster computer and no longer get the glitch.

fasteddi
12-28-2011, 04:21 AM
The initial glitchIi had wasent that bad. About once every 10 seconds here and there, but innoying as can be. I have a usb aldl cable on a new laptop. I know with the v1.1 datastream it only glitched about 2 times a minuet max. So tommrow ill see if the v2.1 works better and removes the glitch for good. Ill post tommorow night about the outcome. This stuff is addicting, does anyone else feel like that? Ive only been into tuning for a month but wow, intestering stuff!

EagleMark
12-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Obsessed and addicted... it's to late your in! :thumbsup:

fasteddi
12-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Yea i know. I just hope fixing up those VE tables and spark tables to match my cam and ported heads is rewarding! Im a racer in this V6 camaro, im dying for high 15's in the 1/4 mile. But ill never get there without a great tune!

gregs78cam
12-28-2011, 05:52 AM
I was emulating for the first time about 8 months ago, and have been hooked ever since.

fasteddi
12-28-2011, 07:39 AM
I was emulating for the first time about 8 months ago, and have been hooked ever since.

Awsome! I guess you either get hooked on it or give up....I like this stuff too much.. alot of hidden Hp in those computers, exspecially Speed density systems with mods.

fasteddi
12-28-2011, 11:38 PM
1274 heres the datalog

V1.3 worked like a charm for me. I had some issues with V1.2 not wanting to connect without saying error in red every second(I could have done something wrong though). Here the datalog that i recorded this afternoon. Check it out if ya want...I need some tips for tuning for the VE tables!

fasteddi
12-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Im having some issues connecting with v1.2 v1.3 and v1.1. It will flash connected then error over and over and over. Cant seem to connect correctly. But i used the original $88 adx file and it will connect but obvously still glitches i just went to the car and it is really making me worrie that i wont be able to make some progress tommorow tuning, its my day off of work, any help or ideas would make me so happy!! Thanks man!! Seems like its hit or miss. But tommorow i hope it works.

phonedawgz
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
This is the $88 ADX that I use. It works for me.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_pd-aAH_TD-YjJhM2Q5MzktYjRkZi00NzhhLTk5MzItY2YyNzY3YzRiNDY5&hl=en_US

fasteddi
12-30-2011, 04:35 PM
This is the $88 ADX that I use. It works for me.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_pd-aAH_TD-YjJhM2Q5MzktYjRkZi00NzhhLTk5MzItY2YyNzY3YzRiNDY5&hl=en_US

Thanks man ill give that one a try

EagleMark
12-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I looked at it, you already tried one identical...

Try the V2. It silences then asks for data from correct location. Others just ask and get chatter which is why you get a glitch. Without the silence it could take several connects and disconnects and you get lucky once.

fasteddi
12-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Had a issue this morning, for some reason my laptop keeps saying non responsive in tuner V5. I was so irritated taht i just used tuner pro V4 and that is horrible compared to the V5. Im still working on getting it to act right

EagleMark
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Again, common problem. Restart computer, plug in cable to laptop and car, start TunerPro, connect... if there is issues try another USB port! They move... rinse repeat... once your sure you have right USB to TunerPro then test each adx. There are 2 V2 versions there now.

EagleMark
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Once you guys get TPV5 hooked up you need to stop trying other programs. I got rid of my other programs and now I only have to try 2 of my three USB ports and TPV5 always works. If I ever used WinALDL again that was it, hostle takeover and could never get TPV5 hooked up again. TPV5 does more than TPV4 and everything and so much more than WinALDL, just give it up! Remove them! restart computer, move usb port, I ended up removing all my USB in device manager and restarted computer and they all reinstalled to what my Laptop had, then did my cable and TPV5. Never anymore issues...

When I had WinALDL or TPV4 and TPV5, if I ever got connected to TPV5 it was fine UNTIL, I used another program. Now I only have one program because it's all I need, removed the others and never an issue. Just one of 2 USB ports...

So many people have this same issue... here it all the time...

But I can still use WinFlash to reflash my LT1 PCM and was useing DataMaster for logging it till I got the TPV5 adx working for it and they never gave me an issue with connecting to TPV5 afterwards?

fasteddi
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Ok i will do that later tonight.. im commited to get this right becasue it was hard to read the values on V4 tunerpro. but i did get the blm values better on the newest eprom i burned.
Ill get rid of everything(other software) and start fresh with tuner pro V5 again.

fasteddi
12-31-2011, 03:00 AM
I did get it going back on tunerpro rt V5. I used the V2 adx. worked fine. I attatched the BLM history table. Its better then before but still needs work. Thanks for all the help on this because it can be very flustrating!!

EagleMark
12-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Working on tuning your BLM and VE tables is something everyone here can help with including me. I know that's your goal! Maybe start a thread on it or continue on TGO.

But I have a lot of time into learning these ADX files from ALDL files because the guy that used to do it retired. So I am learning from building these for you too, the outcome is everyone with a $88 gets a good adx and I learn what needs to be done to make them work relibly and solid! So please make sure you have a good connection to TunerPro to laptop and proper USB port. Click connect, it should only take a second you can watch the little data hz bar at bottom and get data! Just let me know for next few times so it's not getting good data by chance every once in awhile, it's getting good data every time! :thumbsup:

EagleMark
12-31-2011, 04:06 AM
We need the xdl data file from TunerPro, that Zip excell looked like a picture? This website can upload xdl and just about any tuner file, no need to hide things in Zip...

But from the looks of the picture your getting closer...

fasteddi
12-31-2011, 04:22 AM
Ok thanks. Ill keep on letting you know the next few times i get it logged and connected good with those ADX files. And ill kepp on posting on thirdgen since i post alot on there.............. Thanks for the help with the ADX files!

This file thats attatched zipped but just exrtact it and check it out on tunner pro. After I fixed the IAC error i think the BLM #'s went down again..... But your ADX file connected on the first try again

EagleMark
01-01-2012, 06:15 AM
For you guys using $88 I added some items to data tracing and a few dash boards today, but did not define each gauge. You can right click on any gauge and put what you want there. Data Tracing has almost everything done in ADX but only VE and Spark in XDF. They are both named V2 Here:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?392-1227730-16197128-ECM-Information-88