PDA

View Full Version : Chip tuning service question

Greased-lightning
05-16-2015, 02:15 AM
Hello been burning chips for 2 weeks and engine still won't idle. I'm throwing in the towel:mad1:
Can anyone give me suggestions on any good chip tuning services I can contact for a good tune for my 383 stroker? Thanks

Skinny Pedal
05-16-2015, 04:37 AM
Whats it doing? Can you post the tune and a data log?

Don't give up, learn.....

84Elky
05-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Whats it doing? Can you post the tune and a data log?

Don't give up, learn.....
I agree! Don't give up. But more info than just "still won't idle" would help. Is it surging, idling fast, too slow, rich, lean, running a while and dying . . .??? That will help those reading your post and may indicate a problem that's been prevoiusly solved. Also, posting injector and cam specs with an idle issue is helpful because they can be part of the problem. FWIW.

1987 C-4 Corvette
08-24-2015, 05:10 AM
I'm in the same boat. In my case is seems that the engine is hunting, idles up and down, stalls often and seems to be running rich. I have a 1987 Corvette, auto trans, 383 stroker, 30 over, BBK adj. fuel reg., mild cam, long headers, 2-1/2" exh., BBK TB, PerTronix flame thrower HEI coil. I think that I need a starting point such as a performance BIN to build off of. I really need help with this.

Skinny Pedal
08-24-2015, 05:57 AM
I'm in the same boat. In my case is seems that the engine is hunting, idles up and down, stalls often and seems to be running rich. I have a 1987 Corvette, auto trans, 383 stroker, 30 over, BBK adj. fuel reg., mild cam, long headers, 2-1/2" exh., BBK TB, PerTronix flame thrower HEI coil. I think that I need a starting point such as a performance BIN to build off of. I really need help with this.

Whats the KPA like at idle? Timing? Mind posting the tune?

1987 C-4 Corvette
08-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the reply Skinny Pedal. If KPA is referring to the Manifold Absolute Pressure, is at 2.41. I have the timing set at 6 deg. adv. If you have TunerPro, I can PM you the BIN that I'm running. I posted a short data log on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvRqDb6tu7w&feature=youtu.be and a screen shot below.

Six_Shooter
08-24-2015, 07:31 AM
1987 C-4, your car doesn't use a MAP sensor, so that value is a best guess by the ECM based on airflow.

You need to adjust the MAF tables in order to correct fueling. I'm not real familiar with MAF based systems so I can't really give you any solid pointers on where to start with that.

1project2many
08-24-2015, 02:25 PM
The first place to check is injector constants and corrections. Ensure the fuel delivery at the current pressure matches the values in the calibration.

1987 C-4 Corvette
08-24-2015, 05:22 PM
The first place to check is injector constants and corrections. Ensure the fuel delivery at the current pressure matches the values in the calibration.
1project2many, Where do I find that info. in TunerPro?