PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HIGH FLOW EFI FUEL PUMP

Ruffneck Rill
05-08-2015, 05:58 PM
NEED TO UPGRADE FUEL SYSTEM ON MY 90 CHEVY 454SS TBI. ALREADY HAVE THE ADJUSTABLE FUEL REGULATOR INSTALLED, FUEL LINES WITH PRESSURE GUAGE. WAS LOOKING INTO AN EXTERNAL PUMP. NEED 13-15 PSI AT INJECTORS. WHAT EFI PUMP DO YOU GUYS RECOMEND THAT WILL WORK SUPPORT 300-500HP??

Six_Shooter
05-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Please turn off your caps lock.

Ruffneck Rill
05-08-2015, 08:54 PM
what is wrong with all caps? is that prohibited on this site?? im new and do not want to violate any rules. please advise.

fastacton
05-08-2015, 09:41 PM
It's considered the same as yelling and can be difficult to read. I don't think it's prohibited, just discouraged and will keep some from even reading your post.

Ruffneck Rill
05-08-2015, 10:43 PM
It's considered the same as yelling and can be difficult to read. I don't think it's prohibited, just discouraged and will keep some from even reading your post.

noted.thanks

Nasty-Z
05-11-2015, 04:11 AM
noted.thanks

Walbro GSS340 is a 255 LPH pump that is a drop in replacement for the stock 454SS pump , it will provide more than enough flow for what you are doing .

You can usually save a few $$ by ordering the Edelbrock 3581 , it is a re boxed Walbro GSS340 . http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3581

After you out run that pump there are other options , but will not be a drop in setup.

TOM

Ruffneck Rill
05-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Walbro GSS340 is a 255 LPH pump that is a drop in replacement for the stock 454SS pump , it will provide more than enough flow for what you are doing .

You can usually save a few $$ by ordering the Edelbrock 3581 , it is a re boxed Walbro GSS340 . http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3581

After you out run that pump there are other options , but will not be a drop in setup.

TOM

hell I was looking into an aeromotive but after reviewing the walbro, I can get what I need for a fraction of the price. Thanks again! also I think I might of seen you on forums over at NATC.com? is there a fee to become a member? a lot of good information there.

Nasty-Z
05-12-2015, 05:34 AM
hell I was looking into an aeromotive but after reviewing the walbro, I can get what I need for a fraction of the price. Thanks again! also I think I might of seen you on forums over at NATC.com? is there a fee to become a member? a lot of good information there.

No problem , I think other than a few people I know I have probably turned more bolts/screws/nuts/etc.... on the 454 SS trucks than most .

The NATC site is a host of knowledge on these trucks, yes , I am a moderator over there , the trucks are truly a dying breed and those who are still stubborn enough to make power through the TBI setup (yours truly included) are few and far between.

You can become a member for free , but any membership donation helps to keep the site alive for others that not only love the 454SS trucks , but the BBC engine in general. There are some very smart and knowledgeable people over there , some of which have "insider only" knowledge ........

Thanks for the interest

TOM